tune contest...... jan 1st - jan 10th

Started by boojiboy, Mon 01/01/2007 11:14:48

Previous topic - Next topic

mysticjim

Quote from: boojiboy on Wed 10/01/2007 11:30:56
Well there's 3 entries but I wouldn't mind having a bit more so I'll extend it by 5 days.
ProgZmax - something's wrong with the file. Seems it's corrupt after downloading it.

Hopefully we can get some more entries.

Possibly you should edit the main thread so the deadline extension shows up on the forum topic menu.  People might think the deadline has already passed and not enter.

PS, still trying to do a tune, but not got very far)
- Winner of the 10/12/06 Tune Contest

boojiboy

Have you almost finished one? Or should I just announce the winners?

mysticjim

Sorry dude, have not got anything remotely finished, so am expecting to miss the deadline.  I'd request an extension, but I'm going to be away most of this week, I think I'm gonna have to miss this competition regardless.

Hopefully I'll have time to enter the next one.

- Winner of the 10/12/06 Tune Contest

boojiboy

ok then here's the results.

3rd place - progzmax for the remix of the theme from deep red. It was real good but didn't really fit the criteria in terms of doing an original score.

2nd place - Thomasregin, didn't understand my vague description of the competition but still ended up making a track that was very close to what I was looking for. Good work!

1st place - LimpingFish, great work! Really captures the spirit of an Argento film and has a pretty stable composition.

Thanks everyone. Look forward to the next comp
PS sorry for the cruddy reviews but this wasn't supposed to be my comp in the first place so what the hell.

LimpingFish

Yay! Thanks, boojiboy. And well done on your first contest host. :)

Well done to everyone who entered, too. Expect a new tune contest soon.
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Stupot

Shame I've just discovered this thread.   I was working on a semi-scary number earlier this week on Anvil and would have entered it into this.
Nowhere near as good as the other entries though... I'll have a bash on the next contest. How often do they come up?

LimpingFish

The winner of the current tune contest decides when the next one starts, as well as the theme of the contest, which is usually within a week or so after the previous one ends.

Keep your eyes peeled! :)
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

thomasregin

Ah, the constant 2nd! ;)

LF, make us (me!) a nice, winnable contest next! :D

Boojiboy,

Thanks for your fair judgement and congrats to all participants!

/Tom..

deFineLicht

It has been over a week now yes? ;D

The reason I ask is because I really want to compete, I haven't been doing music now for a while, and if the competition starts after the weekend it will be hard for me to compete, I've got a hard schedule.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk