The AGS Shows

Started by Dan_N, Wed 03/01/2007 21:26:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan_N

Hello.

Er... I've heard of something called the AGS Shows. I've googleg for them, but to no avail. What were they, exactly? What happened to them? Are there any archives of them?

Please enlighten me.

Gord10

It might be "AGS Series". A long time ago, some only watchable games -just like TV series- about AGS people were being made. Their scripts were written, but I think they are never developed as games; as the developer of these series had gave up. He's MIA now.
I am not sure I remember correct, though.
Games are art!
My horror game, Self

m0ds

The AGS Show's were audio recordings by me, Grundislav, Andail and others. It was basically a mick-take of the community and its members. LGM had them all available on his website, but I'm not sure if they are now. I'll upload all the old ones I have by the end of tonight :)

Dan_N

Thanks, m0ds!

By the way, shouldn't projects like this be revived?

m0ds

I've always meant to do a new AGS show, I've had some great ideas lately because so many things constantly happen on these forums that warrant having the mick taken out of them :P I nearly nearly got the motivation over Christmas to do a new show, but it didn't happen. Anyone can make one. Hell, maybe I will do a new one over the next few days. Better get Yahtzee's score done first though, eh ;) Anyway, here are the ones I've got:

AGS Show 1 (m0ds)
AGS Show 2 (m0ds)
AGS Show 3 (m0ds)
AGS Show 4 (Grundislav)
AGS Show 5 (m0ds)
AGS Show 6 (Andail)
AGS Show 7 (m0ds)
AGS Show 8 (m0ds)
9 - missing
10 - missing
11 - missing
AGS Show 12 (m0ds)
Un-official AGS Show - Grundislav's Party (m0ds)
Unreleased AGS Show (Fat Computer) - adults only!1
The AGS Factor (unfinished)
AGS Halloween with Jeremy Lumbroso (abandoned)

I think 9, 10 and 11 were Grundy's...but there was confusion around that time so they may simply not exist. I created "12" to be on the safe side :P There's also the AGS Opera, lots and lots of songs about AGS and adventure games. Damned if I'm going to upload all those tonight, though :P

Dan_N

Quote from: m0ds on Wed 03/01/2007 22:51:19I've always meant to do a new AGS show, I've had some great ideas lately because so many things constantly happen on these forums that warrant having the mick taken out of them :P I nearly nearly got the motivation over Christmas to do a new show, but it didn't happen. Anyone can make one. Hell, maybe I will do a new one over the next few days.
Indeed. Well, if you do decide to make one, count me in ;).

QuoteBetter get Yahtzee's score done first though, eh ;)
What now? You still haven't done it? Wouldn't want to rush you m0ds, but er... oh I'll just shut up about it. When it's done, it's done.

QuoteThere's also the AGS Opera, lots and lots of songs about AGS and adventure games. Damned if I'm going to upload all those tonight, though :P
No, thanks, m0ds. I'm happy with the shows. Thanks again, you lovely lovely man!

m0ds

Quoteoh I'll just shut up about it.

Thanks, but feel free to continue your whining at the Chefelf forums :D

Dan_N

Quote from: m0ds on Wed 03/01/2007 23:08:12
Quoteoh I'll just shut up about it.

Thanks, but feel free to continue your whining at the Chefelf forums :D

You can count on me!Ã,  ;D

Update: The shows are PURE GOLD!

Layabout

Don't forget the ags show recorded at mittens 06, with layabout, an austalian as DGMacphee... Funny stuff...
I am Jean-Pierre.

Domino

I have never heard some of those before. I think they would make a great radio station in the next Grand Theft Auto game.

Very well produced and funny as hell.  :)

m0ds

QuoteDon't forget the ags show recorded at mittens 06, with layabout, an austalian as DGMacphee

Hahaha!! Yeah!! Is that online somewhere? That was one of the best :D

Scummbuddy

I have on my computer

AGS Show 0

AGS Show 9
AGS Show 10
AGS Show 11 (with gag reel)
AGS Show 11 (uncensored)Ã,  :o

Lord of the AGS

Games in Production by Petteri

AGS Opera 2004 (Mills by m0ds)
Puzzles by Andail
Competetions and Activities by DragonRose

I was going to yell at you m0ds, and everyone for missing so many, and for poor book computer keeping, but there were the last four that you listed that I didn't have... so we're even?
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

strazer

I've created an article in the Wiki: http://americangirlscouts.org/agswiki/AGS_Show

I've put the download links you posted in there, I hope you don't mind.

Scummbuddy, if "Lord of the AGS" and such are also part of the show, feel free to add them yourself.

visy (the guy who made Lassi Quest)

Haha, Ags Show 8 nails my Jamaican accent dead on!

(I'm Finnish.)

:=
Still working on 8-bit stuff, mostly NES and Atari 2600:
http://oldskool.wamma.fi

Inkoddi

This is what I found lying around on my harddrive, four AGS debates and the AGS Awards 2004 by whoever. Shazam!

http://www.armchairs.be/Inkoddi/agsthingy

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Yay, Kinky Island o/.

Also, I don't think you sound Jamaican, Visy.  You sound more Chinese/German/Australian!

veryweirdguy

While we're on the subject of AGS audio and all, does anyone have all of the podcasts? If so, I am looking for episodes 12, 14, 16 and 19. Can anyone help?

The rest can be found here:

http://americangirlscouts.org/agswiki/AGS_Podcast

Snake

Heh, I remember those. Don't remember which one it is (the first one maybe?) with Squalman and I think Helm was in it kicking his ass or something. Funny stuff. I'm glad I was never in one, not to my knowledge anyway. I'd hate to hear it ;) Probably me saying how I'm too busy chewing bubble gum and sitting on the couch to finish any games.
Stupid American :P

--Snake
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

dasjoe

i fixed some links in the wiki :)
... it's quite easy being the best.

veryweirdguy

Cheers for that Haj! I just assumed that they weren't up anymore, not that the links were wrong for a couple of them.

Still can't get 14 or 19 though. I tried to hear (and record) 14 on that myspace page (the external link there) but it would not load (what with myspace players being pretty crappy and all.) Any help anyone?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk