GAMESEEK - find old/missing adventure games

Started by , Sun 26/09/2004 10:53:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Frodo

I'm trying to find an adventure game I remember seeing in Games In Production, but can't remember what it was called.   :confused:

The game was quite dark in tone, and reminded me a lot of Gabriel Knight.  It wasn't a Gabriel Knight fan game - the characters and story were unique.  But it was obviously inspired by it. 

I think it was an AGS commercial game. 

Does anyone remember this?   :cool:

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Frodo on Wed 08/05/2013 16:33:33
The game was quite dark in tone, and reminded me a lot of Gabriel Knight.  It wasn't a Gabriel Knight fan game - the characters and story were unique.  But it was obviously inspired by it.
The McCarthy Chronicles? :) well, just a random guess.
A bit more details maybe?

Frodo

Thanks Crimson, but that's not the game.   :sad:

I'm sure the main guy had blonde hair, with a long black coat. 

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Frodo on Wed 08/05/2013 17:19:58
I'm sure the main guy had blonde hair, with a long black coat. 
Man in long coat in commercial game? Gemini Rue :).
Can't remember anything else at the moment, maybe someone else will.

Frodo

Sorry, that's not it either.  He was blonde, and younger-looking than the guy in Gemini Rue  :confused:

Frodo

Sorry, no.  Diamonds In The Rough is a fantastic game, but 'my' game looks much darker, like Gabriel Knight.   :sad:

EDIT
Found it at last.  It's John Sinclair:  Voodoo In London   :grin:
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/1258/
Seems the game was never finished though, which is a pity.   :undecided:

Thanks Crimson Wizard, and Stupot.   :smiley:

arj0n

Frodo

Yeah, that's the one thanks.   :smiley:

I've been wracking my brain for the last week or so, trying to remember what it was called.  And it was only after I post here, that I remember.   :tongue:

cat

Since the player character was a traced Ben Jordan, play those games instead  :P

Phemar

Does anyone have a copy of Balloon Face, made for the OROW 2 competition?

All the links I've found have been dead and it would be nice to play that little gem again.

Leon

Ultimate Game Solutions - Because there is a solution for everything

Phemar

Joseph DiPerla

Anyone know where I can find a copy of Doctor Who: Time Snare 1 & 2? Been searching everywhere I know of. Even archive.org.
Joseph DiPerla--- http://www.adventurestockpile.com
Play my Star Wars MMORPG: http://sw-bfs.com
See my Fiverr page for translation and other services: https://www.fiverr.com/josephdiperla
Google Plus Adventure Community: https://plus.google.com/communities/116504865864458899575

Leon

As far as I can read there are only demos available, never full releases. One of them can be found here but since I can't get past the opening screen, I'm not sure whether this is 1 or 2..

[update]
Digging further, I have the feeling that this file contains both episodes in one game. According to the original site there was only one download for both episodes and should be around 40Mb. Exactly what demo2.zip is...

[update2]
Just had a quick playthrough and I can confirm that this file contains both parts of the demo.

Grundislav

I randomly remembered this game today, and I have no idea what it's called.  It's driving me crazy, so I appeal to the knowledge of AGSers!

I remember playing a demo for this game in the mid-90s, possibly 1994/1995.  I distinctly remember running it on a brand new PC with Windows 95 on it, and it was a Windows game.  The music was MIDI and very cheesy and repetitive.  It had very silly voice acting.  The very few details I remember are these:

- In the demo, you played as an anthropomorphic ape who is red and wears a light blue outfit.  He had a headband and shorts and his hair was kind of like a mohawk.  I think there was more than one playable character, but you only controlled him in the demo.
- The graphics were very bright and colorful, and the sprites were hi-res and cartoony.
- One of the puzzles involved rescuing your friend who was a pig from a spit roast.
- Another puzzle involved hitting a gong, where a grouchy old guy would show up and say "Hey! Who disturbs my rest and stuff?" in a lame attempt to be funny.

Any help would be appreciated! 

The Fool

Hopefully I can place one more order :)
Is anyone aware of a version of Quest for glory 4 1/2 that would work under XP?
:)

Leon

The version I've downloaded from agsarchives works fine under XP. Only thing is you need an acsetup.cfg which is a bit more difficult to generate using the setup.bat or the qfg.exe.
Take an editor (e.g. notepad) and paste next code into a new file. Save it as acsetup.cfg in the same folder as qfg.exe and try to run the game again. It should then run windowed under XP.

Code: acsetup.cfg

[sound]
digiid=-1
midiid=-1
digiwin=1096302880
midiwin=-1
digiindx=0
midiindx=0
digiwinindx=0
midiwinindx=0
[misc]
gamecolordepth=32
defaultres=3
screenres=1
letterbox=0
windowed=1
refresh=0
gfxfilter=None

The Fool

Thanks for advice Leon, but still doesn't work...
Probably because of my wierd, vista-imitating version of XPs :D
:)

Leon

You can play with the gamecolordepth, defaultres and screenres to change the values. What I tend to do is search a game that does work and copy the acsetup.cfg from that game into this one. A bit of try & error. What message do you get?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk