GAMESEEK - find old/missing adventure games

Started by , Sun 26/09/2004 10:53:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Stupot

@Crimson.  This may help you.  Don't thank me, thank AGA :-)
http://www.agagames.com/ags/

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Stupot+ on Sat 07/12/2013 22:59:56
@Crimson.  This may help you.  Don't thank me, thank AGA :-)
http://www.agagames.com/ags/
Well, thanks for pointing out :).

Calypso

It's not an AGS game (sorry for that, I haven't found more suitable topic for this yet), but I'm wondering if, by any chance, anyone has a functioning Windows copy of a FMV adventure game Mirage. Trailer can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85yK0rkAUUQ . It was made around 1993 (it says 1995 in the title of the trailer, but I don't think that's accurate) and it seems to be a pretty rare game. I own a Mac OS copy of this title, but a) I'm not using that system anymore, b) the CD got worn out by time (and bad storage conditions) and no longer works. I was mesmerized by this title as a child, even though I was never able to finish it. I thought it would be nice to refresh my memories and see if it's still an interesting game or a piece of excrement. If anyone could help me, I would be very glad.
Chaos is just patterns we haven't recognized.

arj0n

Quote from: Calypso_Starlight on Wed 11/12/2013 18:51:35
It was made around 1993 (it says 1995 in the title of the trailer, but I don't think that's accurate)
It was published in 1995 for both Macintosh and Win3.x
I do not own a copy so can't help you though, sorry...

donkeymilk

[redacted]

Moderator: Sorry, but you may not put links to sites that distribute current commercial games illegally.

arj0n

That's only the demo, which can be found at several places around the web.

donkeymilk

Quote from: Arj0n on Tue 17/12/2013 18:19:36
That's only the demo, which can be found at several places around the web.
Are u sure?
They call full games demos over there.
They have an explanation somewhere on the site about why they do it.
I reckon it's the full game ,i'd put money on it :)
They only upload old games up to 2005(if i remember correctly)
Their forum legendsworld is good too,u can get help with running old games.
Sometimes u have to wait a bit  for a reply,but the guys there are very knowledgeable.
It's a great site ,not just for games ,but other old multimrdia type cds.
I've read posts from gamedevs ,who've found long lost games or cds there.
===========================================================
HERE U GO...(in F.A.Q)
Download links explanation.

1.) "Level Demo". This means an actual demo from the developer or shareware usually limited to 1 level or sometimes with a time limit.
2.) "Full Demo". This is more commonly known as a rip meaning that certain elements such as music, movies or speech were removed or "ripped out" in order to make it smaller and quicker to download.
3.) "Iso Demo". This means a cd-image of the complete game on cd which you can burn and get an exact copy.
We use the word demo for all of our game uploads, because it's important to us that the downloads are really used as a demo . If you like the game then go and buy it; the developers deserve it.

Full and iso-demos are either our own uploads or lead to Oldgames- & Abandonware sites  (usually from 1981-2000). Direct links to downloads from other sites/boards are of course also not included .

arj0n

donkeymilk

Yeh,the demo thing is a bit confusing.
But as i said ,the F.A.Q explains their reasoning.
Another good place for old cds is
https://archive.org/details/cdbbsarchive
It's a difficult to navigate around,but full of archived cds.
The links are in HTTP and torrent.
oh,and also 3ds adventure has a sister site:
[redacted]

Moderator: Sorry, but you may not put links to sites that distribute current commercial games illegally.

Calypso

Arj0n: Oh, ok then, I remember I was playing it much sooner than 1995 though, maybe it was just a demo?

donkeymilk: Wow, amazing! Thank you very much! I admit I didn't expect to ever get my hands on that game again. And also, thank you for the tips on all those sites, didn't know about them until now. Now I just hope I'll be able to make the game work, that's another thing… But if I won't be successful, at least I know where to ask. Yay!
Chaos is just patterns we haven't recognized.

Adeel

Wow donkeymilk, what an excellent website you have shared with us! 8-0 It has so many great games (some of which I've played and some of which I'll play). All old games in one place! ;-D Ah, if only this website had that Aladdin game I were looking for. :(

qptain Nemo

Adeel

Found the game, it's Disney's Aladdin (1994). I first played it more than 10 years ago. This game isn't so easy as it first looks! ;-D

Quote from: qptain Nemo on Fri 27/12/2013 13:50:12
Adventure Legends is an amazing site.

Indeed.

donkeymilk, thanks once again. If you need some help, let me know. I owe you, after all. (nod)

LimpingFish

Adventure Legends and Shooter Legends contain download links to ISO files of current commercial games, so those URLs should be removed.

The archive.org link is pretty cool, though.
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Adeel

Quote from: LimpingFish on Sat 28/12/2013 00:13:13
Adventure Legends and Shooter Legends contain download links to ISO files of current commercial games, so those URLs should be removed.[...]

Perhaps this is the reason they call those full ISOs a demo.

LimpingFish

Quote from: Adeel S. Ahmed on Sat 28/12/2013 11:20:08
Perhaps this is the reason they call those full ISOs a demo.

Yes, it's a rather lame attempt to exempt themselves from accusations of distributing pirated materials. Much in the same way rom sites use the old "download only if you own the original cartridge, or delete within 24hrs" argument, which is also nonsense.

While the legality of abandonware can be argued, providing links to ISOs of current releases is very much illegal.
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

viktor

Hy! I'm actually looking for my own game :P Some years ago I developed a game that won the 2004 august mags competition. It is named Jail House Breakdown. I won't go in to detail why but I lost all my source files and the games. I managed to find 2 of the 3 complete games I've made but can't seem to find Jail House Breakdown. Can anyone help me? I think it was one of my better games even if nothing special.
signature" border="0
<a target='_blank' href='https://imgbb.com/'>resurrection pictures for facebook</a>

arj0n

Hey Viktor,
It's on bicycle.agsarchives.com/mags.
HERE you can grab your 'Jail House Breakdown' copy :)

viktor

AWESOME! Thanks! I'm replaying my old games as I type. I'm cringing when reading how bad my english was when I was 16 :P (not that it's THAT much better today), but I'm having a blast :D
signature" border="0
<a target='_blank' href='https://imgbb.com/'>resurrection pictures for facebook</a>

gaarias

I posted in another thread that I am looking for a game. I am resigned to never find it. The last copy is probably lost.

But yet, I look for another. This one is based in space. It is in first person view. The player starts in a ship, and has to escape from it. There's noone on board. When the player get out, the ship is landed on a planet (before one can get out, theres a space suit that has to be worn). The player then goes to an alien building (I suspect its a bar). Later, one has to escape from the aliens. One has the abiity to see from top, on a schematichs kinda view; sometimes the aliens catch you and shot you.

Thanx

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk