GAMESEEK - find old/missing adventure games

Started by , Sun 26/09/2004 10:53:13

Previous topic - Next topic

m0ds

FOR THE LOVE OF CJ DO NOT LINK TO COMMERCIAL ADVENTURE GAMES (like Monkey Island)

Are you looking for an AGS game, whether it's old or whether the current link to it simply doesn't work? Well then, this is the thread for you - because here you can ask!

TEH BEST PLACES TO FIND AN OLD AGS GAME ARE

http://www.agsarchives.com/

http://gamesolutions.efzeven.nl/downloads/

And Nimbus - find it on the agsarchives website!

You are still welcome to post your requests here. For example;

"Where can I get Flloyd SB?"
"The link to game x is broken, does anyone have a different link?"
"An author has removed their game, does anyone have a copy?"

IF YOU HAVE A LINK to a game that someones asked about, please use the UBB code and put the title of the game in bold. Eg;

Petteri Quest
http://www.geocities.com/doesntexist/petteri.zip

That way people can quickly find answers to their posts...

We'll see how this goes :D

m0ds

NOTE! The links in this thread may eventually die also, so just ask again :)

Pet Terry

Okay, I'll set the ball rolling... anyone know if there's a mirror to 2ma2's 'Who killed Kenny Rogers?', because 2ma2's website is no longer online and all of his download links are no longer working.

Thanks!
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

Radiant

Cool! I'm looking for Quest for Orgy.

Timosity

I've got a whole bunch (100's) of AGS games from the dawn of time, I uploaded Permanent Daylight & Who Killed Kenny Rogers here:

http://members.lycos.co.uk/timosity/2ma2.html

I'm sure Linus Larsson wouldn't mind, but it's only temporary, if someone wants to host it, I can't give permission but go for it. At least it's now accessable to a few people that care.

I don't think you can hotlink from here so don't bother trying.

I'll keep an eye out for any other games people list that I may have hidden away somewhere.

Maybe someone with a decent server can collect these lost archives and have a site dedicated to re-found AGS games. Just an idea

Pet Terry

Whoo, thanks a bunch, Timosity.

I was listening to AGS Overture and a game called 'Nomedon Inc.' is mentioned in that song, but I haven't found this game anywhere. If someone has it, I'd like to try it.

And m0ds, :P
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

shbaz

Quote from: Radiant on Sun 26/09/2004 15:28:45
Cool! I'm looking for Quest for Orgy.

:o Whoa! Now that you mention it..   :=
Once I killed a man. His name was Mario, I think. His brother Luigi was upset at first, but adamant to continue on the adventure that they started together.

DragonRose

Never heard of Quest for Orgy before, but I still found it in 0.21 seconds!

http://membres.lycos.fr/agisite/autre2.htm

The morale of the story? If you can't find it, type the name into Google.  Easy!

Well... except for Nomedon Inc.  The only reference to that I found was on the 2001 AGS Awards registered games list.
Sssshhhh!!! No sex please, we're British!!- Pumaman

TerranRich

QfO is hilarious! "So you thought she is a virgin?!?!" See, now if there was a game like that, with a good story and dialog and action ;) then I'd definately play it.

Or maybe make it...

I wonder why QfO has "King's Quest IV" as the title. Maybe it was a little fun before working on a KQ4 remake? :P

Blade

Well, Help me please!

I'm looking for The Uncertainty Machine and Adventures of Fatman. (The Home of the Underdogs link to Fatman worked, but I got a CRC error while extracting).
Studies show that 50% of the people do not know they form half of the society.

TerranRich

The link for The Uncertainty Machine is defunct. Until it's fixed, I will be starting a page for defunct AGS Games links, where I mirror the games I already have...

http://www.terran-x.com/agsgames/TUMv11.zip

As for Fatman, I have the CD version. I'll see what I can do about compressing it all and uploading it to my server space as well.

Blade

Thanks QuantumRich. That link seems to be working just fine (In 6 minutes it'll all be here. Here! And then I will rule the world! Hahahahahahahahahaha!  := )
Studies show that 50% of the people do not know they form half of the society.

BlackMan890

i am looking for
Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade
for my dos computer

i have searched with google and all i found was some platform game :P
Jonatan Nilsson
860 Iceland

Please go to www.simnet.is/elinnils52 and download my non ags/adventure game :)

SSH

Quote from: blackman890 on Wed 29/09/2004 16:05:13
i am looking for
Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade
for my dos computer
Try here or here

BlackMan890

Quote from: SSH on Wed 29/09/2004 16:41:22
Try here or here
i can't buy one because i'm 15 but what in the world is the second one?????????
Jonatan Nilsson
860 Iceland

SSH

Quote from: blackman890 on Wed 29/09/2004 17:24:12
Try here or here
Is it illegal for under-16s to buy things in your country? And even if it is, does that mean its then OK to steal instead? When I was your age and I wanted to buy something mail order, I went to the post office and got a postal order for the amount... or asked my parents to get it for me after I gavce them the money.

BlackMan890

Quote from: SSH on Wed 29/09/2004 17:43:03
Quote from: blackman890 on Wed 29/09/2004 17:24:12
Try here or here
Is it illegal for under-16s to buy things in your country? And even if it is, does that mean its then OK to steal instead? When I was your age and I wanted to buy something mail order, I went to the post office and got a postal order for the amount... or asked my parents to get it for me after I gavce them the money.
i didn't know that, thanks ;)
by the way, is it ok to lie about your age in eBay?
Jonatan Nilsson
860 Iceland

TerranRich

No.

But there seriously is an age minimum for buying anything? That's very odd to me, living where I do (U.S.).

LucasFan

I'm looking for the full version of Astranded.Ã,  :-\

BlackMan890

but i am just going to lie to buy things, thats not a crime
I really need do get my pass, i mean it is not a crime, and if it is, since when???
also i think you have to be 18 because when you get this pass, you can sell things, so i think thats why you need to be 18, if it is so, then lying about your age to buy one thing, will not be a crime
Jonatan Nilsson
860 Iceland

SSH

Quote from: blackman890 on Wed 29/09/2004 19:09:06
but i am just going to lie to buy things, thats not a crime
I really need do get my pass, i mean it is not a crime, and if it is, since when???
also i think you have to be 18 because when you get this pass, you can sell things, so i think thats why you need to be 18, if it is so, then lying about your age to buy one thing, will not be a crime
It is a crime, called "fraud". In the UK, under-18s are not extended any kind of credit (and that includes things that might not seem as credit, such as switch cards that give you 3 days of credit, and paying for phone calls AFTER you make them... I know, I tried to get a BT phone line when I was a 17-year-old student) and the reason is that under-18s as minors are not deemed capable to make an informed decision about their ability to pay back a debt and thus any debts against them are NOT ENFORCABLE. So obviouslt, any lender would be nuts trusting to lend to anyone under 18.

Similarly, contracts with under-18s are not enforcable unless they are made with parental consent. ebay is all about making binding contracts  between buyers and sellers, so once again under-18s can effectively withdraw bids with no repercussions and thus screw up the whole auction system.

Why not persuade an over-18 person you know to bid for you and then pay them the money in cash?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk