GAMESEEK - find old/missing adventure games

Started by , Sun 26/09/2004 10:53:13

Previous topic - Next topic

arj0n

Leon

Ultimate Game Solutions - Because there is a solution for everything

abstauber

Crimson Wizard

I am actually not sure if I may ask people about old non-AGS games here; thread title does not mention AGS at all :)

Anyway, I wonder if anyone can give me a clue about what was the game I vaguely remember, its title at least. It is really old one, 80-ies or early 90-ies perhaps. It was a horror adventure. No more than 16 colours. 1st person view (all static pictures ofcourse). There was some mansion to explore; you could move around by clicking on schema beyond the scene view, where available exits were shown as squares.
I remember at least two scenes quite clearly, there was a bedroom with two little girls playing some game, don't know an english word for that, its when children slap their palms in some rythm; if you approach they reveal themselves as vampires (not sure), attack you and kill you with knife or something :=
Another scene is a silent guardian on a cemetry, a dark figure just standing and watching you, if you speak to him three times it rips out your heart.

A funny game indeed ;)

Any thoughts? Nothing rings a bell?

ThreeOhFour

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Sun 06/12/2009 23:16:34
I remember at least two scenes quite clearly, there was a bedroom with two little girls playing some game, don't know an english word for that, its when children slap their palms in some rythm;

Patty cake :D

Can't help with the game though  :=

Saurabh

I have been searching for 'Da New Guys'. Does anyone have it?

Leon

I can't upload at the moment but I know it's on the AGS Archive, because I uploaded it there. If I have acces before Peder's response, I'll report again.

@Peder: Can you move it from the bicycle backup to a reachable location?

Frodo

Quote from: sauyadav on Thu 10/12/2009 05:01:32
I have been searching for 'Da New Guys'. Does anyone have it?

I uploaded it to my site here - http://apennyfortheferryman.viviti.com/files/others/Da-New-Guys.zip
I'll leave it there for a couple of days, for anyone who wants to download it.   :)

Saurabh

@Frodo: Thanks man, downloading it right now. Do you have speech pack too?

Leon

Alright, everything's back up again. You can download the game including speech pack from my site.

[update]
Just found the link to the original site..... You can grab it from there as well...

Saurabh

@Leon: Thanks!!! downloading it again  :P

Stee

Quote from: Leon on Thu 10/12/2009 11:28:04

[update]
Just found the link to the original site..... You can grab it from there as well...

Sweet! I didn't realise he was back in action. I hosted his site for a little while until I moved servers and he took time off to do his 3d (which is pretty stunning btw). Glad to see he is up and running again.

As a self confessed fan of DNG (probably my favourite AGS game) this makes me happy.

Anyways here is my effort to keep on topic. For as long as my host stays up (it sometimes gets suspended cos i forget to pay the bill), you can get Da New Guys from here http://indiegamesource.net/modules.php?name=Downloads&min=50&cid=1

Also whilst the site is pretty much dead whilst I revamp it all with a whole new design, the downloads section does contain some older games, some hard to find. Feel free to whore them out to your hearts content
<Babar> do me, do me, do me! :D
<ProgZMax> I got an idea - I reached in my pocket and pulled out my Galen. <timofonic2> Maybe I'm a bit gay, enough for do multitask and being romantical

roll

Leon

abstauber

Hey,
I'm also looking for a non-AGS game. It has to be from the 80s or early 90s and I'm not sure if it even was an adventure game.
Here's what I remember:
- It had quite neat graphics
- it started with a fortune teller machine (or at least I think so)
- it's possible to travel in time (!)
- you start in the victorian times (or was it a save game that brought me there) at a train station
- i think you could somehow use the train, it brought you to the future and turned into a subway
- In the future it turned into a cheesy, unfair platformer, once you leave the subway station
- it was the game where I first heard of the word "token" :D I think you needed a token for the train and/or for the fortune teller.

Does that ring a bell?
I can't get that game out of my head... even after decades ;)

@Crimson Wizard
I'm pretty sure you're talking about "Last Half of Darkness"
http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/last-half-of-darkness

I liked that one too although I could never finish it.

Crimson Wizard

Yay, abstauber, you really found it! It is the game! Thank you  ;D

Leon

@abstauber:

Zork - Grand Inquisitor?

The fortune telling machine = the Totemizer machine?

Igor Hardy

@abstauber

My only guess is The Labyrinth of Time, but I don't remember there being any platforming sections in it.

abstauber

Hmm...
I think, the game I'm talking(hallucinating?) about was 3rd person. I'm also quite sure that it was disc based... but I'll take a look at it. Thanks!

Just tried the first bits: no, it's not Labyrinth of time..  :'(

psyphiphile

@abstauber

I have been looking for this game for ages, and while googling I came across your post. I finally found it! It is entitled Theme Park Mystery! http://www.mobygames.com/game/theme-park-mystery

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk