GAMESEEK - find old/missing adventure games

Started by , Sun 26/09/2004 10:53:13

Previous topic - Next topic

arj0n

Try this version (I tested it and it does work for me), save to acsetup.cfg in your QfG4.5 folder as mentioned by Leon:

Fullscreen:
Code: AGS
[misc]
screenres=1
windowed=0
refresh=0
[sound]
digiid=-1
midiid=-1
digiindx=0
midiindx=0
digiwinindx=0
digiwin=1096302880
midiwinindx=0
midiwin=-1

Or, if that for some weird reason doesn't work, windowed:
[misc]
screenres=1
windowed=1
refresh=0
[sound]
digiid=-1
midiid=-1
digiindx=0
midiindx=0
digiwinindx=0
digiwin=1096302880
midiwinindx=0
midiwin=-1

Note: make sure the acsetup.cfg you create doesn't contain lines that start with 1 or several empty spaces when you copy the posted info into the file...

The Fool

Nope, still nothing. Later I'll try to sit down and try to figure out what I'm doing wrong.
Thanks for advices, guys!
:)

The Fool

And I'd hate to block Grundi's request, so I'm reposting :)

Quote from: Grundislav on Sat 27/07/2013 03:53:20
I randomly remembered this game today, and I have no idea what it's called.  It's driving me crazy, so I appeal to the knowledge of AGSers!

I remember playing a demo for this game in the mid-90s, possibly 1994/1995.  I distinctly remember running it on a brand new PC with Windows 95 on it, and it was a Windows game.  The music was MIDI and very cheesy and repetitive.  It had very silly voice acting.  The very few details I remember are these:

- In the demo, you played as an anthropomorphic ape who is red and wears a light blue outfit.  He had a headband and shorts and his hair was kind of like a mohawk.  I think there was more than one playable character, but you only controlled him in the demo.
- The graphics were very bright and colorful, and the sprites were hi-res and cartoony.
- One of the puzzles involved rescuing your friend who was a pig from a spit roast.
- Another puzzle involved hitting a gong, where a grouchy old guy would show up and say "Hey! Who disturbs my rest and stuff?" in a lame attempt to be funny.

Any help would be appreciated! 

Leon

@RaGG: What error do you get?

@Grundislav: To narrow the search: was it AGS or commercial?
Ultimate Game Solutions - Because there is a solution for everything

Grundislav

Leon: commercial, from around 1994/1995. I played the demo. It came on The Disc! which was from the magazine CD Rom Today.

Scavenger

Quote from: Grundislav on Thu 15/08/2013 01:25:08
Leon: commercial, from around 1994/1995. I played the demo. It came on The Disc! which was from the magazine CD Rom Today.

Archive.org has a, well, archive of CD ROM Today coverdiscs, starting with Issue 1. If you narrow down your search, you may be able to find that demo!

Mati256

Not an adventure game but when I was a kid I went to this PC course and there was a game where you manned something like an Anti-Air bunker and you had to shoot planes and paratroopers. If a paratrooper managed to land safely, he would run to your bunker and kill you. If you managed to clear a level, a pizza truck would arrive at your bunker. It probably run on DOS or Win 95/98.
This might not be totally accurate but I was a small kid at the time.

Any guess?
My Blog! (En Español)

Leon

@Grundislav: Could it be something from Humongous Entertainment? It's colourful cartoony, has anthropomorphic characters and silly voices. Not sure about midi sound though. Couldn't find any ape in their list either. I do have "The Disk" 1-7 except 4 so 1994 is pretty much covered. Humongous was the only thing commercial I could find on there that resembled your description a bit.

@Mati256: Sounds like a paratrooper game  (roll). But since there are so many clones and makeovers of that game- and type, can you remember more details?

Ultimate Game Solutions - Because there is a solution for everything

The Fool

Leon: I run the game and nothing happens. No error message, no black screen, nothing.

Radiant

That would be fun as an adventure game...

use gun on paratrooper
use gun on paratrooper
use gun on helicopter

:D

Bishy

There's this game that I remember downloading from the AGS website, but I can no longer find it (or, at the least, i'm having trouble finding it).

It was an offensive game about an evil scientist that built some sort of machine that turned every man in the world gay, and it was up to the protagonist (supposedly the only character in the game to not be affected by it) to destroy the machine. The graphics were kinda poor, looking like the whole thing was drawn in MSPaint, and much of the humour in the game was more or less a string of gay stereotypes.

Anyone know which game i'm talking about?

Babar

I believe you might be talking about Femspray, although in that, the scientist is trying to turn all males female, not gay. Also, I'd say the art was good for what was needed, and the animations were hilarious, as was most of the game!
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Adeel

BishyT: There's a game called Femspray which almost matches the description you have given but mainly differs on two points:

1) Scientist creates a chemical.

2) Each man turns into a girl.

I know that this is not, what you're looking for. But in the meantime why not try this game for an exchange?

EDIT: Babar defeated me and got there first :D.

Bishy

No worries, I actually found the game I was talking about. The game was "Salazar's Evil Plan".

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/1204/

As you can see from the reviews, it wasn't exactly well received (and for good reason). :P

CaptainD

I remember an old AGS-made game - it was a one-room game, but whether it was for OROW or not I can't remember - I think you were trapped in a pit / cavern of some kind, you played an archaeologist.  I would like to find it again because it was one of the cleverest uses of the one-room game idea that I've ever played... anyone got an idea what the name is?  Can't remember how old it is, I'm guessing at the very least 6 years old.

CaptainD

Thanks Sunny - I'll have a look, it doesn't look quite right to me though - I seem to remember very small sprites in a room that seemed pretty big as a result (a bit like in The Young Gabriel King Chronicles) - I just can't quite remember.

Crimson Wizard

I am looking for an old version of AGS Editor again. Perhaps someone happen to still have the very early version(s) of AGS 3.0, like 3.0 RC, 3.0.1, 3.0.2?

EDIT: monkey_05_06 provided me with 3.0.0.1000.

Still looking for 3.0.1.1018 and probably 3.0.2 (not sure one exists...). Alternatively, I will be grateful if someone could point me out any game made with 3.0.2 AGS (exactly that version).

donkeymilk

i just saw this thread after posting a topic about this site.
http://bicycle.agsarchives.com/demos%20and%20intros/
http://bicycle.agsarchives.com/
it had an old dave gilbert demo.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk