GAMESEEK - find old/missing adventure games

Started by , Sun 26/09/2004 10:53:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Radiant

Quote from: gaarias on Thu 13/02/2014 22:00:58
But yet, I look for another. This one is based in space. It is in first person view. The player starts in a ship, and has to escape from it. There's noone on board. When the player get out, the ship is landed on a planet (before one can get out, theres a space suit that has to be worn). The player then goes to an alien building (I suspect its a bar). Later, one has to escape from the aliens. One has the abiity to see from top, on a schematichs kinda view; sometimes the aliens catch you and shot you.
That sounds like Space Quest I, really :)

gaarias

It isn't. As I said, First Person View. You never see the character. And it is newer than SQ1.

I am now playing SQ1 EGA :P

I think the game is german.

Problem

Calypso

I'm looking for an AGS game now - Dada: Stagnation in Blue. None of the links in the Completed Games Announcements work and the game isn't present in the game database for some reason. Any help will again be greatly appreciated.
Chaos is just patterns we haven't recognized.

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Calypso Starlight on Fri 21/02/2014 21:31:12
I'm looking for an AGS game now - Dada: Stagnation in Blue. None of the links in the Completed Games Announcements work and the game isn't present in the game database for some reason. Any help will again be greatly appreciated.
There's one on AgsArchives. For some reason it is not in games database, but there's an archive on server:
http://bicycle.agsarchives.com/full/Dada%20-%20Stagnation%20in%20Blue.rar

Calypso

Chaos is just patterns we haven't recognized.

DoorKnobHandle

I'm looking for a non-adventure game (sorry). It was a 2d, DOS game. You were in a stationary bunker or something in WW2 and planes came in (these were probably very simple 3d). You had to shoot them down. It was kinda first person. You could turn the gun 360 degrees I believe. Any ideas any one? I specifically remember the planes made a nice 'pop' effect when you got them, almost like balloons. And they would break into a bunch of little pieces.

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: DoorKnobHandle on Mon 24/02/2014 20:41:56
I'm looking for a non-adventure game (sorry). It was a 2d, DOS game. You were in a stationary bunker or something in WW2 and planes came in (these were probably very simple 3d). You had to shoot them down. It was kinda first person. You could turn the gun 360 degrees I believe. Any ideas any one? I specifically remember the planes made a nice 'pop' effect when you got them, almost like balloons. And they would break into a bunch of little pieces.

Not a DOS game, but that reminds me much of the Operation Blockade.

DoorKnobHandle

Dang that's extremely similar, Crimson, but it's not it. The game I'm thinking of works and feels virtually the same but looks a good 5-10 years older. I'm 99% sure it was the typical DOS era look. The environment looked similar to Red Baron 1.

Crimson Wizard

Found by references: game called "Beach Head". Looks like there were several remakes in different periods (even on C64).

Radiant

Quote from: DoorKnobHandle on Mon 24/02/2014 20:41:56
Paratrooper.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnPUsspS-LM

DoorKnobHandle

@Crimson:

Hm all I can find under Beach Head is either too modern or looks like this:

...which is definitely not it, this is too old. But it's exactly that kind of game.

@Radiant:

Nah it's not paratrooper. It did have more graphics than that, it was definitely a bit newer, and it was from the same perspective as Operation Blockade and Beach Head.

Thanks for the suggestions so far!

Also, in my search I rediscovered Fire Fight which I was also looking for. What a great looking game. So that's something at least! :)

Radiant

I wonder if anyone still has the first build of META? It's dated December 2005, whereas the current one (which I do have) is dated August 2006. Out of academic curiosity I would like to have the first release if possible.

Babar

The one I have has acsetup.cfg and untitled.agr modified on 31/1/2006, but META.exe and winsetup.exe modified on 1/1/2006 (Date created is just now, because I just unzipped it, and date created on the archive is from when I copied over my old files). Do you remember there being any changes to the game between the time you released it and the build you have?
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Radiant

donkeymilk

i'm looking for aan old Dave Gilbert game called A better mouse Trap.
I tried the search here ,but it came up "zero"

donkeymilk

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk