Banana Man - the Video Game

Started by vjamesv, Fri 02/02/2007 03:50:29

Previous topic - Next topic

vjamesv

i have finally finished my very first game.Ã,  I started it WAY back on December 11th, 2006.Ã,  It has been pretty fun learning the software and learning how to ask questions on the message boards.Ã, 

The final version is complete and will be released on March 1st, 2007.Ã,  Here is the address for the page to download the demo:

http://www.deercrack.com/banana/games/

STORY:

You are Andre Andre, a high school nutrition teachers who preaches the importance of potassium while dressed accordingly.Ã, 

Your first mission is to change into Banana Man and get to the gymnasium to give a speech, but you will be interrupted by your nemesis, Gorilla Guy.Ã,  Can you defeat Gorilla Guy and find out who he is?

UPDATE:

I am excited to announce that Mythopoea Games has picked up my game.Ã,  I certainly could not have made this good of a game without the help from everyone on this board.Ã,  Thanks for all the opinions, whether i liked them or not, they have certainly helped.Ã,  The Mythopoea website is:

http://www.mythopoeagames.com/

And the Banana Man Demo is available at:

http://www.phoenix-racing.com/Bana/Banana%20Man%20Demo.zip

Sam.

That man is not banana man, I can tell because his name isnt eric and he doesnt look like this:
Bye bye thankyou I love you.

vjamesv

Dude, not the same Banana Man.Ã,  Mine is two words.Ã,  And not English.Ã,  I have never seen Bananaman, but I hear my puns are almost as bad.

nulluser

-

vjamesv

dudes, different Banana Man!  that Bananaman is one word and does not have his own video game.  but i was not posting about legal issues since i have been publishing my own banana man comic for 7 years now.  i could publish my own Super Man comic or video game too as opposed to Superman.  Actually, technically you can have a character named Superman, it just couldn't be an obvious ripoff.  But please let me know what you think of the game.

ninerfan

Looks good...downloading now!  Thanks for the effort.

vjamesv

Thank you, ninerfan. I hope the effort I put into it shows! Let me know what you think.

Stupot

Yo.Ã,  I'm on 43 points and I'm enjoying the game so far.

Spoiler
I love the bus-jumping game... all the little animations are hilarious.Ã,  And the "you've found a bug" gag was poor in a good way.

I have noticed a real bug though.
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f349/Captain_Stu/banana.gif
It says i need to change into the Banana Man cossie but I already am.
[close]

I'm a bit stuck at the moment, but I'm sure I'll work it out.

vjamesv

Thank you for finding the bug.  I have fixed that now.  you need to use the correct item there, and i now have it saying the correct message when you do not.

i will wait until i get some more responses so i can fix everything before releasing the next version.

Joyce

Can the game still be completed in the version with the bug about changing into the proper costume or do I have to start over?
Not sure if I found another bug
Spoiler
I picked up a football outside on the football field but it doesn't seem to be in my inventory
[close]

vjamesv

Yes, the game can still be completed.  You just need to use the correct item on Gorilla Guy. 

Also, as far as the football, you don't get that in your inventory.  He just kicks it a field goal for three points.

Cinfa

:-\
It's a bit hard to move from a screen to another when you've to go up, as the interface menu always pop up..
There're also some connection missing from a screen to another.. and... I can't finish it  :-[

vjamesv

I thought I made it easy enough to go up even with the menu coming down, but i will make sure i go through to double check each screen where you can exit up.  let me know any other problems you have.

Cinfa

a little typo when looking at the file cabinet, theres a / at the end.
Spoiler

and glasses don't work on gorilla guy
[close]

vjamesv

Fixed the typo.  Thanks.  And the glasses are supposed to work that way.  Maybe his suit is made out of lead? Also, it would give away who he was...

thewalrus

I've started playing the game. It's pretty fun. I have 27 points. I will be writting a list of errors that I see and will report to you with them soon......
Thewalrus

Goo, goo, ga, joob!!!

"Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come!"

Jon

You have left 'Debug mode' on...

Joyce

finished game but didn't get all the points so must not have done everything I was supposed to do. Also
I went behind the bleachers in the football field (from top of screen) and walked down and game froze on me.
Was a fun game to play though :)

vjamesv

I figured i would leave the debug mode while in beta if people wanted to use it to help report bugs.  I will check out the problem with the bleachers on the football field.

Also, two people have let me know they got stuck walking behind the bleachers.  I have not been able to get stuck while walking back there so can you let me know how it is happening?  i will play with the walkable area since nothing of importance happens there anyway.  thanks.

Stupot

Quote from: vjamesv on Sat 03/02/2007 16:53:25
I thought I made it easy enough to go up even with the menu coming down, but i will make sure i go through to double check each screen where you can exit up.Ã,  let me know any other problems you have.

I also found it difficilt to go up in some screens until i realised that you could use the arrow keys to control Banana Man.
Rather than going round changing every screen you should just put a little message at the beginning of the game saying that the Arrow keys can be used to direct the chraracter.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk