AGS mac 2.71 beta 3 binaries available [26th July]

Started by Kweepa, Mon 27/06/2005 05:04:57

Previous topic - Next topic

EvilTypeGuy

Jake

Obi

I just hope this port will work with those Intel-Chip Macs they're bringing out in 2007.

Kweepa

Well, I haven't set up a fat binary yet, but it should work when that happens.

The latest news on the port... I have a version that works with Tiger (tested on a fresh machine). I'll upload it tonight.

Thanks to Jake for his ongoing help.
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

Kweepa

edmundito

Great! I hope it works. Unfortunately, I don't have acess to any compy with 10.4 installed.

However, if you're using Xcode to build it, this might help.

Oh, and I repeat:
QuoteSteve, is one able to also run the game by including the runtime with the ac2game.dat file on a disk image?
The Tween Module now supports AGS 3.6.0!

Kweepa

Quote from: netmonkey on Sat 02/07/2005 05:43:11
However, if you're using Xcode to build it, this might help.
Yeah, I saw that, thanks. I'm more worried about building allegro to be honest. I need to use gcc 3.3 rather than 4.0. It'll probably work out fine, but it's a pain having to switch out frameworks. I fear change. Plus, I don't know anyone with Panther or Jaguar installed to test it on.

QuoteSteve, is one able to also run the game by including the runtime with the ac2game.dat file on a disk image?

Yup, that works, with windows exes renamed as ac2game.dat. I haven't tested pure game files saved from the editor.

edmundito

I might have some access to Panther. My friend has a Mac, and I guess he wouldn't mind me running some tests in it.

Now, as for Jaguar, not sure at all.

DanClarke

gonna download now, been waiting for this for a while as some of you may know ;)

simulacra

This didn't work at all, unfortunately. One tester of mine tried this and first got a blank screen when an MPEG was supposed to be displayed, then another blank screen where a FLC was supposed to show. Then the program quit unexpectedly.

Kweepa

Dang.
Please pass these questions on to the testers:

What sort of mac? What version of Tiger? What screen resolution and colour depth?
What was the error message?
Send me the 'agserror.txt' file in the game directory.
Plus, open
~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/AGSRunTime.crash.log
and send me the contents.

Then PM me with any feedback.
Also, can you provide me with a link to the game and I can test it here? Unless you'd rather not...

Thanks,
Steve

Kweepa

Bump to announce new version - fixes mpg/avi playback.
See first post for details or get it here:
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/mac/AGS271beta2c.dmg
Steve

edmundito

Kweepa

Umm, no. I haven't had a chance to look into it.
I know it would be nice, and I'll be investigating it soon, but I can't promise anything.

Phate

Im on a mac and I'm using Panther, every time I try to change rooms the program quits

Kweepa

I'm surprised it works at all! That's promising.
Any error message? What is the game?

I've just uploaded a new version that fixes a bug during conversations I found in Aazor.
See the first thread or get it here.

I still haven't heard of any success stories using this thing, which disheartening - just simulacra and Phate checking in, with bug reports.

Cheers,
Steve

Phate

The games I tried were The Apprentice and the Valis demo, I didnt get a bug report though when it quit. I'll try the new version now.

Edit: Just tried the new version but it still quits on room change, as far as I can tell though everything else works fine.

PS: Thanks for putting the time and effort into creating a mac version ;)

Kweepa

Quote from: Phate on Sun 10/07/2005 00:14:41
The games I tried were The Apprentice and the Valis demo, I didnt get a bug report though when it quit.
Hmm, I've played Apprentice here and it doesn't quit. Must be Panther, but I'm surprised there's anything specific about room changing.

PS: Thanks for putting the time and effort into creating a mac version ;)
No problem. Sorry it's not much use to you!

There's a new version that plays FLIs - I tested it with Barn Runner. Unfortunately you need to install Barn Runner on a PC and then copy the game executable to a mac (because it's got an installer), so it's not really all that convenient.

Kweepa

Quote from: Phate on Sun 10/07/2005 00:14:41
The games I tried were The Apprentice and the Valis demo, I didnt get a bug report though when it quit. I'll try the new version now.

Hmm, perhaps you were running Apprentice Deluxe?
I updated the engine to allow you to ignore missing plugins. The moment a script needs them the game will quit, but it's useful for games that use the creditz plugin, for example.
Valis appears to work fine on Tiger.
I also fixed a bug when running Da New Guys.

Steve

simulacra

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk