AGS mac 2.71 beta 3 binaries available [26th July]

Started by Kweepa, Mon 27/06/2005 05:04:57

Previous topic - Next topic

JACK

Using 3b on a G4 iBook running 10.3.9 I was able to play nearly all of Apprentice 2.  (It crashed when I gave the silvers to Master to complete the final task.)

Can't wait to see the next version.  I've ben watching the AGS website for years to see if a mac version would ever be created!

Electroshokker

Yes, a mac version!

Thank you! Now I can convince one of my developers to stick around. (he's working on a mac, so)

ehum, for the testing:

a G4 notebook Mac OSX 10.3.9

I ran part of the game I'm producing (RMI project) resolution 640x480, which uses no plugins (so far), but has a fully customized GUI system.

It ran like a charm in fullscreen, with one exception:

- the rawdrawimage command gives me a crappy screen.

No other problems found so far. You're doing a hell of a job!

JohnGreenArt

I just downloaded this and am having a problem with the Deluxe version of Apprentice. It seems to crash just as the dialogue starts. I've skipped the opening cutscenes, and again the game plays fine until someone says something.

I'm running 10.4.3 on a 1.67 GHz PowerPC G4 with 2 gigs ram.

Kweepa

Thanks for the reports! I'll be looking into them soon.
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

JohnGreenArt

Just to add to my note, Jessica Plunkenstein has dialogue and that's not crashing AGS, so I don't know why the dialogue in the Deluxe Apprentice does.

JohnGreenArt

Was there a way to get the King's Quest VGA remake (1 or 2) to work? After the "this game should only run in 320 x 200 resolution" screen it just quits.

Kweepa

Weird. I did a lot of testing with KQIIVGA and it seemed to be working fine.
Did it play any FMV before quitting?

JohnGreenArt

Here's a question: most of the AGS games I've come across are compiled into a single .EXE installer file. Is there any way to open or extract these on a Mac, so I can get to the actual game .EXE file?

Kweepa

No, unfortunately. :=

If they are self-extracting zip files, it might be possible for one of the archiving tools to get to them.
Alternatively VirtualPC! If you have that you have a much more stable AGS engine, although it might be a bit slower.

Bink

Wow a Mac version! WOOHOO!!!  ;D

Can I also create games on a Mac using AGS?
If so: HOW?

Hollister Man

You'd have to use Virtual PC, or possibly GuestPC.  At the moment the compiler and GDE are not set up to run on the Mac (This is one of the few reasons I haven't purchased a Powerbook yet.)

That's like looking through a microscope at a bacterial culture and seeing a THOUSAND DANCING HAMSTERS!

Your whole planet is gonna blow up!  Your whole DAMN planet...

otter

Quote from: JohnGreenArt on Wed 07/12/2005 15:33:41
Here's a question: most of the AGS games I've come across are compiled into a single .EXE installer file. Is there any way to open or extract these on a Mac, so I can get to the actual game .EXE file?

This was also bugging me, and so I did a quick search and found this program, named FileJuicer.  I'm trying it out now.
last upload: E/Y EP

otter

Hey Steve, I was just sitting here idly wondering - would you be interested in trying to port the AGS editing system to OS X if you had some help?  I'm not a coding genius by any stretch of the imagination, but dividing and conquering seems to be a good way to go with bigger projects... hehe.  :)
last upload: E/Y EP

theatrx

You guys are awesome... If you can get this PC MAC thing working... A lot of work has already been done already!  Whoa!  Please continue.  Thank you thank you. The other Steve
Life is a banquet and most poor sonsofbitches are starving to death

iamus

I just wanna say that this is sterling work.

I'd been shopping around for a development engine for a while and had really been wanting to make my game with AGS (I already have a little experience with AGS) but the lack of mac support meant I was having to look elsewhere. When I found that you were doing this it brightened me up no end.

Anyway, probably not, but if you need someone else for testing then I'd be willing. Currently running 10.4.4

Keep going.

Kweepa

Quote from: otter on Wed 21/12/2005 07:50:56
Hey Steve, I was just sitting here idly wondering - would you be interested in trying to port the AGS editing system to OS X if you had some help?
I considered it, but right now I don't have the time to spend on that project.

Quote from: IAMUS on Mon 23/01/2006 19:08:53
Anyway, probably not, but if you need someone else for testing then I'd be willing. Currently running 10.4.4
Thanks for the offer. I'll be in touch when I get 2.72 up and running.

edmundito

I wonder how it's going to be like with the intel macs....
The Tween Module now supports AGS 3.6.0!

theatrx

I'm confused.Ã,  I'm running windows xp pro. My son and brother run mac 10.4.

Can I make a version of my game on my computer that they will be able to play or do I have to include the AGS Mac dmg in the compiled folder and tell them what to do with it in order for them to play the game?
Life is a banquet and most poor sonsofbitches are starving to death

iamus

All they need is the one Mac runtime file, found at the start of this thread.

They drag your normal, PC-compiled AGS game onto that to launch it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk