AGS mac 2.71 beta 3 binaries available [26th July]

Started by Kweepa, Mon 27/06/2005 05:04:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Kweepa

The scripting system stores global variables in a big block of data which is just written out in a chunk into the save game. I can't fix the endianness of this data on save, because the format of the data block is very hard to deduce -- I'd have to parse the scripts. So, to make the save game compatible, I'd have to intercept the script reads and writes to the global data, which would be messy. It's probably easier (and certainly better) to fix the bugs in the port.
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

Sherry Haibara

Hi, I've an Intel Mac and I want to ask you some questions.
First of all: are there any plans to make AGS Mac engine universal binary, so it runs better on Intel Macs?
Second, I have this problem running my game:
"Script link failed: Runtime error: unresolved import 'String::Substring^2'".
What I wrong? However, good job!
Sherry Haibara

P.S.
If it can help you: AGS Editor works well under Darwine on my Intel Mac :)

SSH

From the 2.71 development thread:
Changes from beta 5 to beta 6:
* Added DynamicSprite.Crop, DynamicSprite.CreateFromBackground, Game.GetMODPattern, ListBox.InsertItemAt, String.Truncate, String.Substring script functions.

So that's why the Mac engine for 2.71 beta 3 doesn't support String.Substring...

SonOfALink

Just wondering, isn't 2.72 final out?  When can we expect the 2.72 beta runtime for the Mac?   ;D

SveDec

Hello world :)
First, sorry for my bad english, it's not my native language. I hope you'll understand me :)
I've some questions for you :D
I run on a iMac Intel with 10.4, and downloaded AGSRunTime to play the games my Windows friends made ;)
But, for all the games i tried, it says "AGS error ! Main game file not found. This may be from a different AGS version, or the file may have got corrupted. Etc." ... the answer might have been given here, but the research i made didn't give me answers :(
Is it a problem with my computer, with the games, with AGSRunTime ? ... A way to know would be for me to test a sure game, a game who definitely works, if you know one ... ^^
By the way, what's up with AGSRunTime ? It has been a long time since the last update ;)
Do the project still live ? I'm as curious as SonOfALink ^^
Oh, another thing, in a previous post, Sherry Haibara said AGS Editor works under Darwine, but not on MY iMac (nothing seems to work on my computer xD), but it is an other problem !
I hope this post is not the-36th-you-see-about-AGSRunTime-problems, and i thank you for your answers :)
SveDec, who feels he looked like a fool :s
I have a dream ... AGS on Mac OS X ^^

UnderPlatypus

Hi there,

There doesn't seem to be any working link for the Mac binaries right now... Not here, not anywhere else as far as I can see...

It'd be great if a new valid link were provided.

Thanks.

Floskfinger

Argh... none of the links seem to work. I really want this mac version  :-[
Dancing madly backwards on the sea of air...

Kweepa

Hi all.

I'm not at home right now so unfortunately I can't give you a link to the mac binaries. Hopefully Chris will sort out the bigbluecup link problems soon.

SonOfALink, I'll get to 2.72 soon. I still have some 2.71 bugs to iron out too.

SveDec, there is no universal binary, so it won't run on an Intel mac. Your best bet is boot camp.

Cheers,
Steve

Floskfinger

QuoteSveDec, there is no universal binary, so it won't run on an Intel mac. Your best bet is boot camp.

dubble argh

Kweepa

Quote from: Pumaman
The old server is still available on this URL:
http://adventuregamestudio.co.uk/mac/AGS271beta3b.dmg

which should work :)

Sherry Haibara

QuoteSveDec, there is no universal binary, so it won't run on an Intel mac. Your best bet is boot camp.
You aren't right. Because Intel-based Macs can run PPC binaries trough Rosetta, you can run the PPC engine just like on a PPC machine :)
Anyway, good news Steven! I can't wait for a very good AGS engine for Mac! :)
Sherry Haibara

Floskfinger

Downloaded the dmg file on my girlfriend's ibook. But when I launch the application it gives me the following error message:

Adventure Game Studio for Mac
Main game file not found. This may be from a different AGS version, or the file may have got corrupted.

did I do anything wrong or do I have to download the main game file from elsewhere?
???

Kweepa

The easiest way to run games is to drag AGSRunTime to the dock, then drag any AGS game executable onto the AGSRunTime.
For example:
you want to run Ben Jordan 7:
* drag AGSRunTime.app to the dock
* extract BJ7.exe from BJ7.zip
* drag BJ7.exe onto AGSRuntime (the blue cup icon in the dock)

Floskfinger

Ok thanx.
I thought this was AdventureGameStudio for mac not just a application to let you play games made with AGS ;D
I guess I should have payed more attention. Anyways thanx alot.

Sherry Haibara

Hey guys!
I've got a good news for everyone using an Intel Mac: as a matter of fact, I found an easy workaround to make AGS 2.71 compiled games working well under Mac OS X trough Mac.
First of all, get a copy of Parallels Desktop or Parallels Workstation and install Microsoft Windows XP SP2 inside it. I suggest you to use latest build (3036, now) because it's got some interesting features.
Now, boot into your virtual machine and launch your video-game setup utility. Setup it to work at max resolution, but in windowed mode. Now, launch your game... and here we go!
If you want, latest Parallels build allows you to run your Windows applications without using Windows desktop and interface, but the Mac OS X ones: it's like using Windows applications natively on Mac OS X.
Anyway, I hope that this could help you, gamers, and you, developers, to use your games inside Mac OS X until an AGS 2.71 engine for Mac will be released :)
Sherry Haibara

Floskfinger

f3rdito

I am not able to run KQ2VGA because I can't change the resolution.Ã,  How do I change the resolution to 320x200?

Kweepa

Quote from: f3rdito on Thu 14/12/2006 21:53:57
I am not able to run KQ2VGA because I can't change the resolution.  How do I change the resolution to 320x200?

Just ignore that message. Click on it to continue. There's no way to run native 320x200.

f3rdito

Quote from: SteveMcCrea on Fri 15/12/2006 00:39:32
Quote from: f3rdito on Thu 14/12/2006 21:53:57
I am not able to run KQ2VGA because I can't change the resolution.Ã,  How do I change the resolution to 320x200?

Just ignore that message. Click on it to continue. There's no way to run native 320x200.

Thanks for the quick response.

I ignored the message and that didn't workÃ,  :-[Ã,  It quit 100%

agserror.txt

Adventure Game Studio for Mac
There was a problem initializing graphics mode 102720 x 64200 (32-bit).
(Problem: 'Unsupported color depth')
Try to correct the problem, or seek help from the AGS homepage.

Possible cause: your graphics card drivers do not support this resolution. Run the game setup program and try the other resolution.

vict0r

Hmm... I tried this just yesterday, and when I drag a game into the thingy, it opens and goes fullscreen for maybe 10 seconds until it shuts down. No error messages, nothing :-\

Great initiative anyway! :D Now, go work on the mac version of the editor :=

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk