AGS mac 2.71 beta 3 binaries available [26th July]

Started by Kweepa, Mon 27/06/2005 05:04:57

Previous topic - Next topic

mox

Hi,

I have successfully gotten AGS games working on both Intel/PPC Macs with either Mac OS X Tiger (10.4) or Leopard (10.5). The games I've tested are KQ1VGA and KQ2VGA from http://www.agdinteractive.com/. The most direct way to get things running is to drag the .exe (e.g. kqvga.exe) over the AGSRunTime -icon.

I think one of the most likely reason for the "main game file not found...." error is that either AGSRunTime or the game files are located in a path that has spaces or other non-ascii characters.

You should NOT use SPACES. For example this kind of folder structure does NOT work:
"/Applications/AGS Games/KQVGA/"

Happy gaming!

Quote from: PrinceEdward on Mon 14/01/2008 08:02:10
I keep getting the dreaded error message for the AGS program for mac...

"Main game file not found. This may be from a different AGS version, or the file may have got corrupted."

The mac version was installed as instructed by Steve (add to apps folder and then put the application on the bar). This happens whenever any AGS application is dragged to the app folder on the desktop.  It doesn't turn into the "cup icon" or anything.  It just displays the default icon used by mac (Leopard, in my case).

I have scanned all of the forums on this, and the most I could find is that someone figured it out.. she didn't say how but she said that she did.  Anyway...

I really tried to do everything Steve told me, but I can't even get an application open... let alone crash.
??? ??? ??? ???

Someone please help!!!

Dualnames

Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

bjh2009

The link seems to be dead. Is this anywhere on the Internet still?

ccosmix

The dowload-link still seems to be dead. Could someone please fix it?

hygge

I've been looking now for a couple of days, and it's dead as can be. Does this mean there's a new Mac version on the way, or has it just died a silent and sad death?

Cheers,
Jacob

subspark

I bet the latter. No doubt there.

Sorry to knock your hopes down gentlemen but it looks like Steve is the wrong man for the job. Sadly.

Kweepa

Yeah, it takes a lot of concentrated time to merge the changes and fix the mac specific problems from every revision of the engine, and I'm finding myself with less and less free time and energy. I can only apologise.
As for the download, I think that's just a mistake that the link is dead. I'll PM Chris to see what the sitch is.
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

subspark

Okay no problem. Even if your time is soaked up, we all appreciate the effort you put into the Mac port. Thanks for what you did manage to do mate  ;).

Cheers,
Sparx.

Edit: Is that you in your avatar picture, Steve? I've always wondered. Kinda looks like another friend of mine. :)

Kweepa

Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

subspark

Heheheh. Well we're all friends here so yes it is indeed.  ;)

hygge

It's still down :'( Oh well, it just means I get to spend more time designing backgrounds etc.   ;D

Ta,
Jacob

JayBTV

Can anyone upload the Mac Port to www.sendspace.com or something like that for me?  I just stumbled onto this thread and as mentioned the link to the port is down.

If anyone could put it up somewhere please PM me a link.  I'd really appreciate it.

Hopefully the main link will be fixed soon....

-Jay

deadsuperhero

I really, really can't wait for the link.

Question, though: is the AGS Mac runtime compatible with AGS 3.0 + games?

Seeing as QFG2VGA is coming out tomorrow, it'd be great to be able to play this.

Also, it'd be swell if it could run in a windowed mode.
The fediverse needs great indie game developers! Find me there!

Gilbert

Quote from: Alliance on Sun 24/08/2008 04:41:09
Question, though: is the AGS Mac runtime compatible with AGS 3.0 + games?

Quite possibly not, unless there is an update to the MAC port, as there're changes in the file format in V3+.

Tadanobu

I know this probably does no good, but just to add to the number of people who need it, I'd also really appreciate it if someone could upload and post a link to the Mac version.
So if anyone out there managed to download it before the links died and still has a copy on there computer and can do a quick upload to yousendit, megaupload, or anywhere else, that would be really great, thanks.  :)

Makeout Patrol

Here, I managed to get it before it disappeared. Sadly, it appears that it doesn't work with 3.0+ games.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/neis8o

Tadanobu

Quote from: Makeout Patrol on Fri 29/08/2008 08:16:01
Here, I managed to get it before it disappeared. Sadly, it appears that it doesn't work with 3.0+ games.

Thank you Makeout Patrol! 
It is a bummer that it doesn't work with 3.0+ games, but I'm happy to have it. 

Makeout Patrol

If anyone figures out any tricks to making it work better, post it here. Things like the 'no spaces in file paths' thing managed to allow me to get it working; at first, I thought it didn't work at all with Leopard.

Xingu_Clocktime

I can't get the page to download it int the very first post, It says "Page can't be found" Is there another link?

Tadanobu

Quote from: Xingu_Clocktime on Thu 04/09/2008 22:29:07
I can't get the page to download it int the very first post, It says "Page can't be found" Is there another link?

Makeout Patrol was kind enough to re-upload it here -

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk