Time Kid!

Started by fentongames, Sun 04/02/2007 19:33:38

Previous topic - Next topic

fentongames

Fenton Games Entertainment Presents...

Fourteen year old Jacob Taylor was just your average teenage boy, into rock and pizza and girls...

...but his parents forced him to follow in his families footsteps, and become a historian. The single thing in life he doesn't want to be.

For the next six months, Jacob attended St. Henrys school of History and Fact, where his parents are also history teachers there, and failed all of his exams and tests. And just when he was about to be kicked out of school by his medieval teacher, Mr Henry, his parents found the solution to his success. Time Travel is possible...

But how, and when, and why was it possible? Jacob was thinking the same thing, but he steps into his time machine for the first time and tours the entire universe, from the past...

...to the future...

...and around space...

...and he realises. History isn't only books and reading, it's an adventure!

This game features a point and click interface with a resolution of 320x200. Cartoon style backgrounds and an original soundtrack, composed by Mark "m0ds" Lovegrove. Everything else made by James "fentonfilms" Fenton. Graphics made on Photoshop 9.0 and The Gimp. The game will be in the Short or Medium Length category. And hopefully, this can be the first game I will finish!

PROGRESS REPORT (Last updated 2nd March 2007)
Story - 99%
Graphics - 42%
Animation - 8%
Puzzles - 40%
Programming - 11%
Music - 0%

The game will be finished around April 2007. Visit my site here:
www.fentonfilms.co.uk

...or you can email me at james@fentonfilms.co.uk.

Bye!

UPDATE (2/3/07):
Mark "m0ds" Lovegrove has decided to compose for me, though since I am working on a deadline, he is having to make the music quickly and I've been having to cut down on the tracks that I would like in the game!Ã,  :)
Time Kid, coming this summer.

Steel Drummer

Do you need music? I can compose for you... PM me if interested.
I'm composing the music for this game:

CosmoQueen

This almost sounds like a kid's learning game LOL. But I'd still like to play it.
KPop and AGS....................that is my life.

GreenBoy

Yeah especially that bit about

Quote...and he realises. History isn't only books and reading, it's an adventure!

Cracked me the hell up.

CosmoQueen

KPop and AGS....................that is my life.

ManicMatt

These graphics are a LOT better than the previous game you were working on! (Darren and James?)

m0ds

fentongames

Hello!

A quick update now, I think.

First of all, progress is moving fast. And Mark "m0ds" Lovegrove will be composing the soundtrack for the game. But since I am working on a mid April deadline, I am having to cut down on the amount of tracks that I would like to use in the game. I may make a Deluxe version in a few years time.

Graphics are getting better as the game moves on, though I may need a bit of help with them later on.

It's still aiming for a mid April release, or at least, all of the scripting and graphics, the music MIGHT take a little longer. But I would like to take what I have done by mid april to my Work Experience place, (which is an animation studios) so you will see the game soon. It will be finished. (Unlike some of my other attempts at game making).

And finally, here is a new screenshot of Jacob backstage of a 1600's performance of Shakespeare's Macbeth:

EDIT: Oh, I've also updated my site.
Time Kid, coming this summer.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk