Outbreak Game Released !!

Started by , Thu 22/02/2007 14:18:45

Previous topic - Next topic

dear_abhijit

On December the 24th 2004, the Center for Disease Control and Virological studies, Bolivia was attacked by unknown terrorists, while they were studying the astronomical samples brought by Dr. Roger Quintino.

As Mike Harden wakes up in the aftermath of tha attack, he realizes that all is not what it seems.. An explosive horrific plot is underway, and he is unfortunately a part of it.

Can he solve the mystery, save Dr. Crawford Keen and escape ? Or will he be a sacrifice in this terrible conspiracy ?

Fun to play !Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã, Great Storyline !Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Multiple endings !
[/b][/color][/U]

(Download Size 6.3 MB)
[/font]

thewalrus

Just downloaded. Will give it a shot later on.....
Thewalrus

Goo, goo, ga, joob!!!

"Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come!"

Akatosh

Same here, downloading right now. Sounds interesting, though... also, welcome to the forums.

/EDIT: Ooo-kay. I played quite a bit of it today and... well, didn't you beta-test this game? It has some annoying bugs in it, such as wrong walk-behinds and messages in the first room. Also, the style is somewhat inconsistent. Pixel-men are fine. Stuff from the space package is fine. Roger is fine. Backgrounds from the internet are fine. Self-drawn stuff is fine. Everything together is not fine. And why doesn't the speech have an outline and is non-skippable?

It *was* fun, yes, but I think it could have been way better.

dear_abhijit

Yeah ! I did have a go mixing up various types of graphics.

Will try to stick to one style the next time if other users also think so...

Thanks !

PS:Ã,  Hope you enjoyed the plot and the funny stuff though!
[/size]

;D

Buckethead

I also found that the graphics wher not good in this way. It was all really confusing. I also had trouble finding out where the orgin of the hand was to pick things up.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

QuoteFun to play!

You think so? I was tempted, many times over, to delete the game.

QuoteGreat Storyline!

The concept might be worth a penny, I guess, but structure, execution and overall storytelling... bleh.

QuoteMultiple endings!

What, people still consider a win/lose scenarion "multiple endings"?

I'll try to be constructive now - there are many NO-NOs which you've commited in this game. Some of these may seem trivial, even random, to you, but I assure you that they define quality of gameplay - which in your game was sub-zero.

- Slow walking speed (with no apparent reason)
- No pixel detection AND clickable player character, together with the above, make for some very annoying situations, especially at the mike puzzle
- Getting-the-rope-and-spacesuit... I don't know what you were thinking, but that's not a puzzle, that's suicide for you. Do you honestly expect the player to roam around every single location, with such a walking speed?
- "Magically-appearing items" + slow walking speed.

BTW, items that apear during the game, things that change, and whatnot, have to make sense.

Spoiler
The appearance of a dead Dr. Keen made sense - the appearance of sticks and stone made zero sense).
[close]

- Non-skippable dialog and non-outlined font
- Fake division in parts (Part One - so where's the rest?)

Also, there were waaaaaaaaaaay too many red herrings for the computer puzzle. It wasn't an unfair puzzle, but the sheer amount of red herrings made it ridiculous. Also, Dr. Roger's code SHOULD have an effect, and there SHOULD be a reason why that piece of paper exists, red herring or not.

"Mixing various styles" is one thing, check out Force Majeure for many different styles. Many different COHESE and COHERENT styles. Ripping graphics from everything you could get your hands on is something else entirely.

The funny stuff needs poiting out, as I failed to double over and keel in unstoppable laughter. The plot was not enjoyable, because what little there was of it was obscured by dreadful gameplay issues.

Overall, if this was your first game - there has been worse, but you have some serious gameplay issues to sort out for your next game. I'll give you this, though, you have ambition. But the execution needs polish, polish, polish.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Visitor823

I have visited your site 130-times

Khris

I'm glad I didn't accidentally dig this up.

Sinclair

I'm still a little confused after playing this. The art is a little all over the place but I can see a lot of effort went into the game. Some very small bugs that could have easily been fixed didn't help though. Beta Test...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk