RAT - 2004-2008

Started by , Fri 28/11/2003 16:52:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Evil

Vagina is on that list, along with love and womb. However, I see nothing relating to the male genitalia. Perhaps you have these images already? Or is this game strictly doughnut bumping to save humanity? :)

DGMacphee

No -- I don't have these pictures already.

No -- It's not "doughnut bumping" to save the world.

I have a "story" in my mind and I pulled the key terms from that and posted them here.

I'm not looking for a critical analysis -- provide one when I finish the goddamn game.

If you want to contribute graphics, PM me -- If not, then why are you replying?

P.S. The reason I don't have "male genitalia" listed is because I don't picture anything relating to male genitalis in my story -- If I did, I would have asked for it now, wouldn't I?
ABRACADABRA YOUR SPELLS ARE OKAY

DGMacphee Designs - http://www.sylpher.com/DGMacphee/
AGS Awards - http://www.sylpher.com/AGSAwards/

Instagame - http://www.sylpher.com/ig/
"Ah, look! I've just shat a rainbow." - Yakspit

alamabad!

Quote from: Remco Bogaard on Thu 18/03/2004 19:30:44
could someone give me a link to a good freeware painting program where i can make good backgrounds with?

:-\ well, I dont realy know any freeware, but if you are realy serious about graphics, i suggest you start saving up for photoshop. It costs a bum, but its well worth it. Also Paint Shop Pro is a lot cheaper I think, but not as good from what I hear.

Mari

I am looking for something to do out of bordem.  Anyone need any graphics for their game?  (No I am not offering to do ALL your game graphics, maybe just a background or a character or objects or something.)  

Edit:  I started work on a project.

Candle

I have this program that I can make a sprite out of but it is more for a 640x480 type game and well i will be doing  400 +- x 200  so I need the sprites smaller .
I don't know how to do it with out them looking like crap .
Here is still of walking at the size . i can get it a little smaller if needed .

Can someone help me with this .
PM me or you can email me .
I don't have any money but can give you lots of thanks ..

Candle

Migs

Quote from: Artist4U on Wed 31/03/2004 23:16:32
I am looking for something to do out of bordem.  Anyone need any graphics for their game?  (No I am not offering to do ALL your game graphics, maybe just a background or a character or objects or something.)  Here is a couple things I have done:

Email Me at mon_c@yahoo.com

Those are very beautiful 3d graphics.  The problem is that it often doesn't make sense to a game developer to only have someone do 1 or 2 graphics for a game.  If you have the time, you might want to consider committing to a project that seems promising.
This signature intentionally left blank.

Phemar

Hey all, I just wanted to know if anyone can give me any tips on drawing a street scene to match the style of this background: Here

I have a base already, just need tips on colouring styles, etc.

Ps: DGMacphee, please bring back your old avatar, it was sooo cool.

garretlh

Greetings to all!

I'm looking for some assistance on a newly started project. I've been working for about three months now on the plot/structure/puzzles of a new adventure game centered around a quasi-scifi/religious plot line. As I myself have absolutely no talent whatsoever in the artistic realm, it's an absolute must for me to recruit a talented artist right off the bat, or else the game will be going nowhere fast! To start things off, I'm looking for some pencil sketches of several locales steeped in Russian design. Specifically, two of the first locales are a Russian cathedral and the mayoral palace of a futuristic/yet pseudo-feudal Russian city.

I feel music can be a great visual inspiration, so if you're interested, I've selected some musical pieces I think would help the artist capture the "feel" of the locale I'm looking for. If anyone is interested, please send me an email at garretlh@tamu.edu or, of course, reply to this post....I'll be checking back on a daily basis! I am more than willing to go indepth into the plot line for those who are interested. Thanks for all of your help and hope to hear from someone soon!

Gfunkera

I desperatley need help with my character! Front and back walking animations I did ok its the side view I can't get his head to match the front view correctley, and his arms just plain look shitty.... And I still don't have a normal view.

- EDIT -

Oh and Candle what is the program you used for that sprite? You always seem to surprise me with new innovative software!! lol Hook Me Up...

stuh505

I'm working on an extensive game called "King's of Old."

The plot has been designed entirely.  The characters have all been designed.  The cutscenes have been storyboarded.

Instead of giving away the plot here, I'll read you the short introduction:

Quote“The people of Frealand were as wide and varied as their country was vast.

Between the mountains to the west, and the cold sea cost to the north and east, they lived in relative harmony.

They had gone without the notion of war since the reign of King Caroth nearly 200 years ago.

Frealand was safe.  At least, for most people.

But there was a secret war being waged…

…one that had endured the passage of time.

Most of Frealand lived in the capital city of Aldor, but that is not where our story begins.

No, our story begins far to the east, in a less traveled region.

Here dwelled the small mountain town of Glessing, which was barely large enough to support the small Bedaic church at its center.

From this town, a hero was born.

Wistan was his name.  The poor child was born an orphan, and raised by the piteous acolytes of the church.

But where they achieved in pity, they lacked in tenderness.

As a child Wistan was shown little remorse, and when he grew old enough he was put to work as a scribe for long hours.

But Wistan didn't mind the toilsome work.  In fact, he rather enjoyed the opportunity to read so much.

This is not a game of inventory puzzles or unintuitive machine puzzles.  The puzzles are all logic based.  You will find word puzzles, encryptions, pictograms, etc.  

It is highly plot oriented.  The game is unravelling a mystery that should be some fun to play.  Of course if you work with me on it, you'll get to know all the details.

There are 50-55 rooms in the game (if you count close-ups), all of which must be rendered.

I'm not looking for photorealism here, I just want it to look decent.  About the quality of Myst 1 is good enough.  I am new to max, so I'm a slow worker and I need some help.  Also I cannot do animation at all.

By assisting me, in no way are you obligated to do all of the graphic work, or complete this all the way through...I just am looking for some people to help lessen the load.

Creed Malay

Could anyone give me help with any of the following?

Brass band type music/sounds, for a feel good musical comedy game about a brass band on death row.

Walking animations for teeny tiny lo-res character sprites, for a black comedy set in the North-East of England.

Thanks in advance.

Davy
Mobile Meat Machines - Comics of Animals and Education! - http://meatmachines.livejournal.com/

corporal_punishment

Background artist needed for upcoming horror game! The game has large impressions from the Silent Hill series. If you are interested contact me at corporal_punishment@juno.com . Maps, blueprints, ideas, etc. will be provided on request, and sprites as well (For comparison of sprite to background) . If anybody is interested please tell us. We need a background artist desperately.

Radiant

I believe this might be mentioned here as well, sorry if it's inappropriate.
I've just announced the game King's Quest 2.5 in the announcements forum, but our team could also use some help, so it's an ACR request as well. The announcement thread is

here.

Blackthorne

INFAMOUS ADVENTURES is looking for a sprite artist/animator to help with their Sierra-modeled game, "Quest For Infamy".  Must be able to render sprites for 320x200 res, in classic Sierra Style.

ALSO, we are looking for a background artist who would like to create some new backgrounds for the game.  The Game is based on the Spielburg Valley from QFG I, but there are many new areas including a town.  If you can create Sierra-like backgrounds at 320x200, please check us out.

For more information on the game, please visit the official website at http://www.infamous.iconrate.net

If you are interested in the position, please email alexansg@yahoo.com
Send some samples, please if you have them.

Also, visit our forums to talk with the team directly
http://www.infamous.iconrate.net/forums

Thanks!

Blackthorne
Co-Producer, Quest For Infamy
-----------------------------------
"Enjoy Every Sandwich" - Warren Zevon

http://www.infamous-quests.com

Gfunkera

I'm looking for a project with a good solid story finished that  someone would like me to do the graphics for, if you have a story that is complete and would like to give me a try mail me at my msn address or pm me.

Heres some examples of my work.

http://www.agsforums.com/yabb/index.php?topic=13576.0

And here...

http://www.agsforums.com/yabb/index.php?topic=12666.0

I only work in my own style and I use what c&c I get.

Sam.

Hi there, i am currently working on a game called "the trial" it is about a murder in a courtroom. I was originally going to do the graphics myself but my cartoony style didn't suit the story. So i am looking for a dedicated artist to work on a serious project with me. unfortuneatley they would need t do the whole job or i would need several people. BAckgrounds, characters and animation. I can do all of the scripting and stuff but need a good artist to complete to good standards. however i wouldn't mind using Broken sword type graphics as they suited the plot. If anyone is interested. please pm me soon!
Bye bye thankyou I love you.

Joseph DiPerla

This is for a surprise game in which I have been thinking up for about 1 year and 3 months now. The plot is complete. The story is about %100 complete. And the game puzzles are about %85. This is something in addition to my Simpsons Game.  Although my Simpsons game is on hold, I will still release Templates in my spare time.

I have designed all of the rooms already, and all I have designed all the characters.

This game will be a full fledged Commercial game in which I hope to be able to offer to large audience in different languages and possibly as many different OS's as AGS is supported in.

I will not reveal the game Title Or plot to anyone but my team. It will be revealed before release, but not anytime soon.

Please read what I need carefully.

Well I am in need of some help. First off, this is what I need:

Background Artist/Background Animator:   First off, the style I need here is Cartoonish. Very Detailed Cartoonish. I need something in the humourous way that Day of the Tentacle was made, but I want the graphics to look good as the graphics in CMI, or even Runaway.

Character Artist/animator: Same as above. I need it to blend in well.

Inventory Item/ GUI Artist: This can very.

You will all be paid for your work.  Payment is as follows:

$1.50 for each background
$0.50 for each object in the room
$0.25 for each inventory Item
$5.00 for the entire GUI
$0.15 for each frame of a character (This adds up. Think about it, if you make one character and he has 250 frames worth of animation, you would get paid the following: $37.50 per character! Yikes this would kill me)

Now after that, I am gonna need the following:

Voice Actors-----   For now this is gonna be in English. But I would like to have Voice acting in the following Languages: Italian, German, French, Spanish, Possiblu Japanese and Chinese if possible.

Language Translations-------  I am gonna need the game text translated in the following languages: Italian(Most likely I will be doing that, Spanish, German, French, Portuguese(I hope I spelled that right), and some other languages.

Voice actors will be paid the following: $3.00 for every 100 lines done correctly.
Translators: Will be paid $10.00 for the whole thing.

Musician for soundtrack and background music: In all this person will probably get paid $10 for helping. Must contribute in about 5 tracks atleast before being paid.

Programmer: To port AGS to MAC and Amiga. I really wish my game can be played on those systems. PLease dont comment. I know of all the already released threads about this. If anyone does it with CJ's permission, then I will (With CJ's Permission) pay that person $50.00. I still own an Amiga and would love to play the games on those systems. And the reason why I want a MAC version available is becouse I want to market this game to more than just Linux, Windows and Dos users.

And lastly, I am gonna need some Beta Testers to test the game. I will need 1 or 2 testers for each language and OS that the game will be ported to. For this, I will not be paying anyone. You would be getting a to play the game, therefore I feel that it would it only be appropriate that you pay me for this. The advantage of this is that you would be only paying a small percentage of the price. The price will be $15.00. Its good becouse I plan to sell the game at a price of $45.00.

Now the only problem for those who will help and get paid, you will have to pay a base price for the game, which I think will be $10 or something. I would not be able to afford the game for free for you at that point.

If you would prefer to help for free in all these things, you will get a free copy of the game. But keep in mind, I still need you to follow deadlines. If you were to take a free copy of the game, rather than me paying you, hehe, that would be cheaper for me.

If you will be payed, you will only be payed in PAYPAL.

Some features of the package:

*Nice CD and Manual and Cover
*Commentary as an option from me
*Different Translations
*Hopefully different OS's
*Interviews
*Sketches
*Making of the game
*And more

Also if anyone knows of good publishing companies, please let me know.

Please dont respond in this thread. If you do, I will not respond back. Not becouse I want to be rude, but becouse I want to talk privately. So please PM me, dont E-mail me yet. Just PM ME. Dont e-mail me becouse I dont know what is SPAM or NOT, so I could accidentaly delete your email.

Oh and CJ, you will get major Credit in the game and will also get a free copy of the game and a free t-Shirt that states the game was created with AGS.

I will reveal this about the game:

I am a big Zak McKracken fan. This game will be in its spirit. It will include many concepts from the this game and many other of my favorite and humourous games. Of course there will also be a whole load of Originality, and an interface and other interacting game features that some of you may have not seen before, I hope.

So please let me know. But if anyone wants to do this for free, it would be a big big big help on me financially. Also if you do work for free, not only do you get a free copy, but a percentage of each game sold. EG, if a game sells, you might get somewhere between $0.50 to $1.00 per copy sold.

Also CJ, I would like you to automatically gain $5.00 for each copy sold, just becouse I want to show appreciatiion for this Great engine.

So please let me know if your interested.

Also, I would like to include Cameo appearances of people in this community. Not all would make it, but if you want to, you can ask me, and if the artist must get paid, I must unfortunatly charge you what he is getting paid. But be assured that your character might not need that many frames :)

JD
Joseph DiPerla--- http://www.adventurestockpile.com
Play my Star Wars MMORPG: http://sw-bfs.com
See my Fiverr page for translation and other services: https://www.fiverr.com/josephdiperla
Google Plus Adventure Community: https://plus.google.com/communities/116504865864458899575

jam4nr

Hi! i'm new around here... and I pretty much want to make a game of my own... but right now i have no idea how to use ags... so the best way i could think of learning the program was to make a remake... the problem is i can't rip the animation off this game properly...

Scooby Doo Mystery for the Sega Genesis
was a point and click adventure! i don't know if you've ever heard of this... but here's a screenshot:

it was very DOTT-like... now what i need you're help for is ripping all, if not most, of the animations of this game... it's available on most rom and emulator sites just google it... hehe... (i know it's illegal but who plays the sega genesis nowadays?)
Pls! i really need your help on this one... all i need is the character sprite sheets and that's it...
By the way, there are 2 adventure games on this one... so i was thinking of making both separately...
PM me of your interested...
thanks!

-JaM

P.S.
I would suggest that you download the emulator DGen v1.21... there is an option there where you can take out layers (like the backgroud or sprite) don't worry about the backgrouds... i have that covered... all i need are the sprite animations of the characters involved... and maybe even the font!:D
Good morning starshine, the earth says hello! :D

FruitTree

I very much need talented (aren't we all?) scripters for HORRORSHOW
the game will involve the "regular" adventure game feats: solve puzzles, talk to people.
aswell as some action based parts: evade/destroy zombies.

for storyline and some screenshots check the games in production page or email me at:
fruittree86@hotmail.com

sorry I can't give a lot of info here, but I'm sure that if you like the screens you'll like working on the game with the rest of us :)

also,
if you're still dooubting and need more info or you got any other questions regarding the game just email me, and I'll email you  ;D

Redwall

I'm looking for a concept artist for a serious science-fiction/cyberpunk project currently in the pre-production phase. Specifically, I'm looking for someone who'd like to draw up some concepts of locations, ships, machinery, logos, etc. While the story is mostly set in concrete, much of the design is still up in the air. Though I'm looking for nothing too "cartoony" or unrealistic, you would have a lot of freedom in how you created your work and also a lot of input in the game. Or something like that. Whatever. I'm looking for a concept artist.

If you're interested, PM me or send me an e-mail at jsredwall[at]hotmail.com.
aka Nur-ab-sal

"Fixed is not unbroken."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk