RAT - 2004-2008

Started by , Fri 28/11/2003 16:52:22

Previous topic - Next topic

stuh505

I'm looking for someone with a cool narrator voice to read my introduction sequence for a cutscene :)

I would like an old-man voice...so if you're an old man that would be great...

hmm...

i don't think there are very many old men who frequent this forum...

anyway, maybe someone has a grandfather or is comfortable asking their parents to help them out with stuff like that....

Baz

I need someone to do backrounds for my game, because i must be the worst person at art in the world :D. if you are interested send us an e-mail or post back :D or if you want info on my game just e-mail more or post back.

Remember God once said never kick a stray dog...............bite it instead!

Legge

i need help with characters and animations(walking)
He is fast

He is strong

But really, He is my dog

im a website hoster, i host websites(But not that much mb webspace)

ravenfusion

I need help with my project, it is a Metal Gear Solid fan game that is planned to have some of the features from other metal gear solid games, probably a mix of MG (Metal Gear) and MGS (Metal Gear Solid).

Project Name: Metal Gear Zero (Place holder name until a final name is chosen)

Graphics
The sprites I am using have a very unique style. They aren't tiny like the original Metal Gear games so alot of detail can be captured in them. The backgrounds are of equal quality and are fit to a simple perspective. I am trying to make everything relatively simple so it is easier to work with.

Gameplay Ideas
The gameplay will use the techniques from the original Metal Gear games, along with features from the next generation Metal Gear Solid games. Ideas are sleeping, crawling, distracting, etc...

I want guns to the in the game, but nothing too complicated since animating is hard work. so, most likely there would only be the basic weapons aswell as some weapons to distract the enemy.

Storyline
Storyline is yet to beÃ,  decided, but that is why I need a story writer. However, the game is set to start just after MGS1.

Screenshots and Concepts

Early concepts of some of the in-game characters or practice sprites.

A background to test for style and give an idea of how the game will look. However, thisÃ,  does not include GUIs.

I am looking for:
Story Writer: Preferably someone who has spare time and has experienced the Metal Gear Solid game plots.

Character designer: Someone who can design well thought out characters with a good description of their appearance, strengths and weaknesses, as well as their background.

Animator: Possibly someone to help me animate the characters and scenery for better cutscenes and gameplay.

Midi Composer: Someone who can make MIDIs for different situations: Happy, Emotional, Creepy, Quiet, Evil, etc...

Scripter: Not sure, but if I can't script it right, I may need assistance.

Contact me
To contact me, you can either:
PM me (Ravenfusion)
or
Email me at: Ravenfusion@hotmail.com

Thank you for your time. :)

Czar

yeah people, once again, put just a little more info about your desires.

and Rad, what about this:

http://www.hardwoodartisans.com/hodesks_5.html
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
are belong to you

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

It pains me a LOT to say that Michael Bechard, who has been working with me on Anchorhead, has quit for personal reasons. He was the artist and animator - or at least that was the idea. What actually got done was precious little, although very good.

Didn't I say he was good?

But I need someone else now. Please, don't ignore this second appeal of mine. It's not about just doing a game, it's about doing it right, and about doing a good horror game, of which there are hardly any out there.

PS - I'd need someone to draw backgrounds, characters, assorted sprites, and/or animations. These can be one person, or as much as five. I don't really care.

PPS - The game, as you see, is Anchorhead - a freeware Inform game by Michael Gentry. He's given me permission to port it to the world of graphical adventures.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

SSH

I am looking for help on my Awakening of the Sphinx game. For the demo, look in the thread linked in the banner in my sig. Here's what I need:

As is everyone else, I'm looking for help with background and character art. I'd also like to hear from anyone that can do a short video cutscene in 3d or in 2d. If you'd like more info on the game before deciding, or just want to volunteer, check out the game thread, but also feel free to PM me.

Toefur

Once again we have somebody looking for a background artist...

That's right. I need somebody to draw pictures for me. I hear the groans, and the rolling of eyes, and you ask yourselves, "Why the hell should I want to work on this guys game?"

And I'll tell you why... because I'll pay you too. (This may or may not be related to appropriate items that can be tax deductable, but nevermind that).

That's right. And in case you didn't notice... I'll make it stand out.

I'll pay you to do backgrounds.[/size]

"How much?" I hear you ask. Well, that depends on how good you are.

Somewhere between $5 and $13 per background. $5 if you're good, $8 if you're impressive, $13 if you make me wet my pants. [Basically what I'm saying is that it's negotiable around these ranges].

The game has been written, and boy am I a genius... it's a masterpeice.

It's sort of a fantasy thing... well, when I say fantasy... it's kind of, well... yeah. [Not the sort of fantasy that's got wizards and people with swords and stuff]. but oh well.

If you are genuinely interested and want more details... drop me a PM, or shoot off an email to chris@toefur.com. Then we can chat, barter, sort things out, make love, and that will be that.

Please note that this is a serious offer. If you like drawing, and want a bit of extra pocket money for doing something you enjoy... why's not to say no.

monkey0506

Well, unlike toefuzz, I cannot pay anyone for their services. However, I do have a similar dilema. I am not an artist, and I need backgrounds. Instagame is nice, but the space pack isn't helping me much. I'm doing a Monkey Island fangame, which in case you don't know has a setting in the caribbean. Any help would be greatly appreciated, any artists whose work is used in the final version of the game will be acknowledged in the credits, and well, that's about all I can do. I know that counting on others isn't the best way to get things done, but I will be in your debt for years to come. monkey_05_06@hotmail.com

Estaog

I searched the net and couldnt find any animations of LeChuck. Basically all i need is the sideways animation. It will be used in my game in progress Quest for Cinema in a cutscene. Your name will be mantioned in the credits. Any one interested?
Think about the kittens man!

http://members.aol.com/johnk0/godkills.jpg

Chronos

Hi all,

I'm new to ags and would like to thank you all for the great games you make with ags,reminds me the good old games i used to play,very funny and creative
I'm currently working on my first game, i already have the plot, a custom gui and about 60% of the scripting part, i really like ags scripting and i feel at ease in that domain but i suck when it comes to making charsets and backgrounds so if there is someone here that has some free time and the will to help pm me please!
I would need 3 charsets: 4 poses, 3 pics per pose, low res like "5 days a stranger".
And something like 8 small backgrounds like the ones in the mansion in 5 days(again
I can help with anything related to coding in exchange =)

Laters

Pet Terry

So you think you can do backgrounds? You think you can do them well? Well, here might be something for you! Because...

I'm looking for a background artist for Goldlagoon! So far I've been doing all the backgrounds by myself and I now realised that the game won't be released in a looooooooooooong while if I don't ask for help. So, if you think you can make good-looking low-res backgrounds in the style seen in this thread

( http://www.agsforums.com/yabb/index.php?topic=3146.0 )

PM me.

Basically, you should avoid using outlines and use bright colours. Notice, that you don't need to do all the backgrounds, I'd still make about half of them. I'd also make a sketch for you and you should be able to make a background out of that sketch. So, if you think you're the right person for the job, PM me!
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

punkrebel

So, anyone can make for me a some sort of prehistoric gui in MI style? I need also some explain to how I can program my AG whit it ( the script that let all GUI button works).

The GUI need to be 320 x 40.

TNX very much..

Estaog

Hi all. Im making a game Stuck in a Flat (working title) and im stuck in animating the character. I never was good at animating. Here is the character:

x2

If there is anyone out there that can help me, please animate his walking views. You will be given full credit.

Thanks
Think about the kittens man!

http://members.aol.com/johnk0/godkills.jpg

Secret Fawful

need someone to do animated cutscenes , for my game the treasure thieves 
also need voice actors
pm me if you want the job ;D

Pie-rat

i wasn't accually sure where to post this at first but anyway......

i tryin to make a game mainly about magic related stuff and i can't really draw for crap.
the backgrounds are a lot easier than the characters tho, anyway what i need is a main character (like in a cloak or something cool with a staff/magic related) and maybe even a few other characters. i would also like some cool animations (step by step) of maybe like a character catching on fire or being blown up by magical forces. it will mainly be a game for me but if i ever posted it tho you would definetly be credited. and if you wan't you can make you a character (npc) with your animation and i WILL find a spot for him/her. maybe like your a shop owner burning cats or whatever. but if you can help email me at sad6996@yahoo.com with maybe a sample or so. thanx a bunch
:@)

Loki_Turak

Ok people making a quest for glory/Kings Quest/ Leisure suite larry game, how you ask me? well lately sierras computer crashed, and all the games got mixed together and our hero from quest for glory is lost in the colamity, he needs to get back to his own game and find out whos responsible for this mess, and fix it.

Heres what i need

A .cha file for the main character from quest for glory. If you could email me it if you got it that would be appreciated muchly my email is Loki_Turak@hotmail.com

Radiant

King's Quest III enhanced could use the help of a number of testers and/or proofreaders.
It has an enhanced plot and a mouse interface; the graphics are from the AGI version.

For details, please see this thread.

rtf

The Story

OK,  something hit me last night.  It was the best idea for a game in a while (maybe not the best, but it was pretty good).  Anyway, I think about the plot and locations and I thought up some good puzzles.  I was very motivated.
  But I forgot that I had to do the most tedious part of all-  the walkcyles.

The request

I'm looking for someone to do my walkcyles.  Before you go "Rtf is a idiot if he thinks I can do all his character art", think again.  I'll be doing all the art and animation, except for the walkcyles.

The Specs

All I'm asking for is a black-outlined, north, south, and east walk animation.  I don't want any charcter art, just the outline.  A template.
My game is:

-Lo Res.
-Hi-Color.
-320 x 200
- 16 bit.

And I want the outlines to be done on a canvas size of 40 x 88, give or take a couple pixels based on the needs of the animation.

The Benefits Package

-Name in the credits
-Recognition.
-A very happy releasethefrogs
-Automatic Beta Testing slot (unless you don't want to)

The Contact Info

You can PM me, or email me at guitardude10293@cox.net

The Conclusion

Remember-  I am all motivated to start the game.  The only thing in my way is the tedium that is walkcyles.  If no one helps me out here, my busy self will be forced to do them, possible ruining an otherwise good game.

Thanks in advance :)
I fail at art.

deadsuperhero

Hey, I need someone who can draw Sierra Style backgrounds, do voice acting, and also knows how to make a game with advanced script that I never got a hang of (for instance: sleeping, day/night cycle, fighting enemies, etc.) If you want to help me, read on.
I'm working on Quest for Change: So you want to be a Bum?
If you're interested, email your work to me at webspider202@hotmail.com
If it's good enough, you're on the team!
The fediverse needs great indie game developers! Find me there!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk