RAT - 2004-2008

Started by , Fri 28/11/2003 16:52:22

Previous topic - Next topic

jannar85

Hey, after trying out ACR - with no luck, I hope there will be someone who reads this post.

Some of you might have heard about or remember the name Roger Foodbelly (you can check out the blog http://rogerfoodbelly.blogspot.com/ for more info). Tomorrow we're starting the full game development, but our programmer went missing. And we need one, badly, for the game to see the light.

The story is completed, and most of the designs are done. So right now it's full speed ahead.

Uh, well. Is there any questions you might have.. Don't pm me - send me an e-mail instead at jannar85 @ gmail.com

I hope we will fill this position very quickly. And the programmer must be talented. It's an important factor.

- jannar
Veteran, writer... with loads of unreleased games. Work in progress.

Recluse

I am currently looking for a talented Artist who would enjoy working on The Mars Initiative. I AM looking for someone with experience, though their style doesn't necessarily have to be complex or realistic. I am looking to keep the graphics for this game relatively simple and "old" looking. We are searching for an artist who will be willing to take this project all the way through to completion, and enjoy doing it.

You may apply by PMing me via these forums.

Please do not apply without sending me a link to what you've done, or mentioning the AGS games you have worked on.
All your verbcoin are belong to us.

The Hero

I post here again to find a time for a company called "Orient Media Studios" We are developing games in the adventure genre with a point and click interface. The games will contain interesting and intriguing stories set in the wondrous lands of Asia.
Our current project is called “Dead-End Tokyo.” Has been called " interesting and intriguing" by  Christopher T. Warren   Chairman & President of " HIMALAYA STUDIOS"  Our volunteer group, Orient Media Studios, wants fans to enjoy our games for free. At the same time we want to provide a quality product that teaches about the culture and ways of life in Asia.
We want the story to be both thrilling as well as culturally accurate the game is to focus more on a husband and father's struggle to save his loved ones; rather then in face action.
This game is also meant to touch people's hearts as well.
We would greatly appreciate your assistance with this project.
Here is the basic plot to draw from

The main character is a young police detective with the Tokyo police. One day he is told to investigate a drug related murder, but upon doing so he uncovers information that leads him to believe that the police department, and perhaps the government itself, is involved in a huge drug ring all throughout Asia. As he gets closer to the truth however, he comes home one evening to find his house in ruins and his family missing. A note is left that says: "If you ever want to see your family again, stop your investigation or you will never see your family again. Their blood will be on your hands. They will die a slow painful death. You have 36 hours!"
Thanks again if you are interested please contact me:
I looking forward to your response I am including the story design document
http://www.gigasize.com/get.php/3195528092/DET.DesignDoc.PLT1.doc
As well as a driving engine originally coded by my form programing using the Police Quest 3 driving system
I give him credit  where ever he may be
http://www.gigasize.com/get.php/3195528156/ATT00004.txt
Please email me if interested at bandentobin@shaw.ca
We need : programmers
Musicians\composers
Story Designers to expand on existing design and plot
and  Sprite and background artists
Concept Artists are welcome as well
Sincerely Branden Tobin
President Of Orient  Media Studios
Personal Messages accepted

I will wait for you in heaven

Neutrino-pop

Hi. I am looking for someone with experience in working and scripting in AGS. Idealy what I want is someone with experience and easy to work with. I am shooting to make an epic, higher than ever quality adventure stlye game on a professional level but as a hobby and a nostalgic tribute to the great classics like Maniac Mansion, The Dig, Kings Quest, Space Quest, Loom, and Monkey Island . So far I have a rough summary written of the game. A little bit of dialouge and progression planned for the intro. A mock-up title screen, and some generic buttons. Theres a lot in my mind of where I want this thing to go. I forsee production spanning over the course of a year or so (not sure how fast this kind of work will move or if I will get anyone to join the efforts). I have experience in leading a team on successful video game projects before and I know what I'm doing as far as design and art.  But AGS is new to me. Although this style of game is not something I've developed before I am well aware of adventure games and have played many. If interested in more details feel free to ping me and I'll spill it all. I know I havent "proven" my credability on this forum yet but I aim to. I am dedicated and serious about how I spend my time and this is something I am going to do. If you want to be a part of it, then we could have a lot of fun and make a game that kills all other adventure games:)

Heres a mock-up for the title...

Neutrino-pop

Heres a little more info to help sway your interest or not.

This is a sample from the story board I have started for the Intro/first chapter.

The story basically puts the player in the shoes of being "god".  Your name is Macro, and you talk to yourself too much. The story starts just before "god" gains awareness. The first few puzzles are just teachinig the player the controls and options as they unknowngly create time, gravity, and light. Shortly after, the FSM has manifested as a reaction from your creations. The FSM in this story is a stupid and evil creature with "god-like" powers of creation and control. It zaps you of your throne (so to speak) and strips you of your powers. After draining you, it leaves you in the form of a cloudy dust floating in the cosmos for eternity. The floating dust is hydrogen and this is where the journey begins. You must reclaim what you created in the reality of our universe. The adventure spans over billions of years as you evolve and change forms in search for a means to face the FSM.

Terrorcell

=========
Randothraw
=========

The human race is dying off and there is no way to stop it. A race called the Maruk have declared war on all humans and will not stop fighting until all humans are finished.
But one hope yet remains for all humans, but there is a mystery that has to be unraveled  before mankind can finally have peace.

Help needed!I need a team that is willing to continue on this game until it is completed.
I need:
*A background artist
*Script writer
*Story writer
*An animations artist
*A play tester
*Music Artist

Your response will be greatly appreaciated.
Mail me at finalalert@hotmail.com OR just PM (personal message) me.

The current story will be released to anyone that agrees to join the team.

mouthuvmine

Some may remember (but I doubt it) a few months back, I spoke of compiling an AGS mailer CD. Well, I've got the okay on most of the games, and now I've finally got the time.

What I'm looking for is someone interested in helping with design of the CD itself. I've made an autoplay menu, and crafted installers, but my autoplay menu is rather boring and unimaginative. I'm looking for someone with an eye for these sort of things, and at least a little experience. Nothing special, just better than what I've got (which is pretty ugly right now.) Won't be a paid position, as I'm not charging for postage or anything on the cds, but that could change in future projects. Any responses welcome! Thanks!

Eric

Blaze_Mcleary

Yargh! I've looked into the tutorial (after much time actually trying to find the thing) and it's helped very little - Could some one please guide me in the use of the editor for my game, Life With Death?  A stupid request, probably, but I'm not even sure what some of these terms are, and thats just the beginning.  PM, MSN or email or w/e preffed.
"No puzzle or its solution is new - It is only one from the past, represented in a new way."  -  Blaze McLeary, 2005

Big Nerd

Hy. I'm developing a game based in MIAMI VICE show. I've wrote a small story but I'm looking for someone to expand it and really make it an interesting story. I am also looking for a background artist. I also need an experient animator to provide walkcycles and other animations needed.
Please help me!

NOTE:
         - BACKGROUNG ARTIST
         - STORY WRITER
         - ANIMATOR
If you are interested please PM me.

Thanks

Diogo

Play_Pretend

UPDATE, 09/21/07:  Found my artist, and holy carp has he got skills!  Thanks to everyone that offered, you would not believe how exactly this guy nailed what my imagination should have looked like! :)

Jon

=========
Randothraw
=========

The human race is dying off and there is no way to stop it. A race called the Maruk have declared war on all humans and will not stop fighting until all humans are finished.
But one hope yet remains for all humans, but there is a mystery that has to be unraveled  before mankind can finally have peace.

Help needed!I and Terrorcell (Team leader) need a team that is willing to continue on this game until it is completed.
We need:
*An background artist
*Music Artist

Your response will be greatly appreciated.
Mail Terrorcell at finalalert@hotmail.com OR just PM (personal message) myself or Terrorcell.

The current story will be released to anyone that agrees to join the team.

The Suitor

I dont need help anymore, Thank you.

MRollins

Hello, I am looking for an artist to create all of the art for a new project I am working on.

It is called "Jimmy the Misguided Space Man II". It's part 2 in a series (although part 1 hasn't been created yet) that focuses on Jimmy's return to his home planet (after escaping Earth in the Part 1). As our hero is entering the atmosphere he encounters some strange interference that causes his ship to crash in an unfamiliar part of his home world, Tardash. Thus, the adventure begins. Jimmy starts out simply trying to figure out a way to get home but soon he begins to uncover a sinister plot to control all of the citizens of Tardash and drain the planet of it's resources.

Jimmy is not your typical hero. He's in it for himself. He's a smart ass. He does what he needs to do to get by- sort of like a Gabriel Knight-type of character.

The scope of the game so far is pretty ambititous. It is planned to be about the size of Quest for Glory 1. There will be ~60 backgrounds and around 15 characters. Also,  as this is a foreign world there will be ample opportunity for creativity. I have certain ideas for things and I have the land pretty mapped out but nothing is really concrete. The artist will have carte blanche to create the art based on the story and our ideas.

If you are interested please email me at mattrollins@hotmail.com. I have some backgrounds and a few characters already drawn. You can use these or create new sprites based on this art. I also short demo available also.

********I willing be willing to pay the right artist to take on this project. My budget isn't huge but there could be some money for some high quality work. I would love for an artist to join up that would like to do it for fun but I have seen some backgrounds on this forum that are well worth paying for.*************

Thanks,

Matt

Cluey

Well, I've been A.W.O.L from these forums for some time, only just returning to put up some new backgrounds I'd made and toy with the idea of reviving an old project.

The project was one I was working on back in 2004, safe to say I was much more ignorant back then of how much planning needed to go into an AGS game, thinking I'd pick it up as I went along. Suffice to say, like many projects, it never got off the ground past a few odd looking backgrounds and some badly made characters. The crux of the matter was skill. I didn't have the technical know-how to make the project how I wanted. I was using the default GUI, simple puzzles and pretty much no dialogue as I was put off by even a bit of scripting (now I've actually looked again the dialogue editor is laughably simple).

Here's the thing, I really want to start my project again, I'm a fairly good artist but when it comes to scripting I get confused and end up making a hash of things. I have aesthetic skill, but no head for syntax or numbers.

TL;DR version: I want to start an old project again, but now that I'm older I realise I've no chance of doing it alone.

"This shambling mass of neurosis and iffy skill wants to make an adventure game?" I hear you saying! That would indeed be the case. To achieve my goal I'd want to build a team.

So anyway, the game I'm planning is an episodic black comedy set during World War 2, the 1970's and the 1850's respective of the 3 episodes I've planned out for it.

The Darksiders (A play on words of The Outsiders, sorta like one of those awesome 1940's detective noir films, but also could be a 1960's B-Movie title or a victorian horror novella.)

Right now I'll focus on part 1, as I'm still working out the details for the others.

Part one sees the players assume the role of Mark Idalo, D.I in a run down London Police Station. He's on the case of some thugs running expensive antiques through the Black Market, curiously they don't have any purpose or value on a market where watermelon is worth more that Wedgewood but certain eccentrics show a great interest. The only problem with the goods is the thugs killed several members of a wealthy aristocratic family to obtain them, and the only remaining relative, a mysterious old woman wants them found and her trinkets returned.

Basically I'll be straight. I need someone who knows the AGS Scripting system, a musician, and an additional artist to help me out. I'd be writing and designing as well as doing most of the graphics for it.

To show I'm not one of those "maek my game 4 me plox" people, here's some screens and arty things (I posted most of these in the critics lounge, but I post them here for simplicity):

Here's some other arty things I do (to prove that I'm at least commited you can check my
ongoing webcomic
in my signature)

Most of these were done a while ago, sort of in a transitional phase:

Another short game I made which I never released, but was lost in the midst of time (and my HDD crashing) made in RPG Maker XP (the program ALL the cool kids use)

TL;DR (again
I want some people to join me in my legion of darkne- adventure game venture.

I need:

- A code monkey (RickJ and Ashen have expressed interest)
- A Musician
- An additional artist for light work like items and such, maybe the odd static character with little more than a talk cycle

If you want your name in the credits after a well written foray through particulary pretty backgrounds and odd British humour PM me.
Aramore
My webcomic.

m0ds

Indiana Jones unt de Fountain of Youth require a part-time programmer to help us create several translated versions of the demo.

This will require importing the translated strings into the demo game & making sure it all works correctly, and where graphics need to be changed or modified, that they are. Our programmer has gotten too busy to do the translations & we need him focussing on the full game now anyway. There are still several languages which we have the translations for, including German, Finnish, French & more - they just need to be implemented using AGS!

You should have good AGS programming skills and MUST understand how translation implementation works, and the special care that it can need to work effectively on screen. You will also need spare time from now until Christmas.

Think you got what it takes?

email me (see profile) or PM me!

Please note, this is a temporary position. You will be credited on the website and in any new versions of the demo created from this point. You will not, however, be programming the full-game.

Trisk

I'm in need of processing help for the animation in Prodigal 2. To this end, you will need a basic working knowledge of Photoshop. MUST BE PHOTOSHOP! I don't have time to try and figure out how to do my process in any other programs. You'll need to know how to:

-Run actions
-Do simple line tracing/reinforcement with a mouse/tablet
-Have a basic knowledge of working with layers/alpha channels
-Follow directions

You will be taking frames of video of actors shot in front of a green screen and converting it into cartoons. There is no upper limit to how much you can help. You'll get your name in the credits if you do 10 frames or 100.

If you are interested, email me at real_trisk(at)yahoo(dot)com

The Hero

synopsis : eace, prosperity, protection. That was all I wanted for the people of my kingdom. Alas all we found was war.

The enemy, my closest friend and ally and the former guardian of my daughter Akemi, Sen. He separated with a large group of his followers to the northern part of the country .The once proud country of Mikomi was split in two. Soon after Sen’s separation a war broke out in an attempt to conquer each other. This war lasted for three long bloody years before a ceasefire was called, both armies returned to there territory and  kept to themselves for the next 6 months.

As of late however a mysterious force has been pushing its way across my lands and slaughtering and pillaging as they go. I lead my grand army in several attempts to defend against this enemy all of them failing. Realizing that I could not effectively defend my kingdom because of the overwhelming odds against me I decided….that maybe *shivers* I should ask Sen for help. The thought made my spine curl but it was my only option to ensure my peoples continued survival. Not deciding to go myself I sent a mystic impersonation orb to do the job.

Upon the orbs arrival at Sen’s walls I finally got a good long look at how Sen’s people had held up after the war. The walls stood strong, almost as if there had never been a battle fought upon them. His people, going about there daily lives, as if a war had never been fought, and Sen, sitting on his golden throne, surrounded by his harem. Sen had been the more glamorous king, unlike me. Gold armor, pretty girls, a big army, a unbeatable fortress was all he cared about. Now tapping into the orbs power I spawned my image in front of him.

“Well, well, well…. What do I owe to this pleaser?” Lord Sen smirked.

“Your sarcasm is in the least bit funny” I responded almost instantly after Sen finished talking.

“Then what is it you want then?” a serious look crosses Sen’s face.

“I have come to formally request your aid” Sen’s face twists in confusion as I said this.

“What? My aid? And why does the “almighty southern empire” need my aid for?” snaps lord Sen with a childish look.

“You won’t be so childish when this force comes beating down your door, Sen” I snapped back. Sen’s face became angered once again.

“Guards get him!!!” Sen’s guards descended on me with swords and spears, all I could do was crack a smile as my image disappears and my mind returns back to my body and castle.

Characters(main)~ King Jun

Name-Jun

Age-20

Sex-Male

Race-Celestral\Human

Name-Princess Akemi

Age-10

Sex-Female

Race-Celestral\Human

Queen Amaterasu

Name-Queen Amaterasu

Age-20

Sex-Female

Race-Celestral
Lord Sen

Name-Sen

Age-23

Sex-Male

Race-Human
Character: images
http://www.freewebs.com/realmsofmikomi/charimages.htm
NOTE: IMAGES ARE PHOTOS AND PRE-EXISTING ART TO SHOW WHAT THE CHARECTERS looks like

Please Visit the company page at www.moonbeamgames.com to learn more
thank you very much

I will wait for you in heaven

joelphilippage

I need a beta tester for a short Reality-on-The-Norm game I made for Halloween called "Witch!".
If you would like to help, email me at joelphilippage@gmail.com. It will need to be finished before Halloween.

Terrorcell

Hi,

Im creating a real-time strategy game and in dire need of a helpful scripter and story writer.
The name and the story will be decided apon by the members of the group.
If you are interested in this project then either PM me or mail me at finalalert@hotmail.com.

Thank you.

woodz

Wanted background artist and character artist for a remake of an AGS game

I don't want to name the game as yet publicity, but i do have the original authors consent
The main focus right now is a 3 room demo, with two characters, revamped graphics in the style of CMI or just a general clean up for a larger screen res and to lose the Lucas arts style GUI black space

if you interested drop me a pm and I'll give more details

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk