RAT - 2004-2008

Started by , Fri 28/11/2003 16:52:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Schnuffel

My game Dirty Split is just about finished and 100% playable. Only sounds and cutscenes are missing now.
I need some playtesters and especially proofreaders for the English version.

You can find more information about the game here: http://www.dreamagination.org/
Please drop me a PM if you're interested.  :)

kajlin

Hello everybody!  :)

As the topic says, I've been looking for some proof-readers (English or American nation speakers). Why? I've been translating Czech fan game pages about GTA game into English. It is quite a big project. And because we aren't English nation speakers, there are some mistakes in our translations. Therefore we need somebody willing to help us to check our texts and join our 3 member's proof-reading team (all of them are members of AGS forum :-) ). I can't promise you any money (we do this web in your free time) but I think it can be good experience for everybody.

If you want to see the orginal Czech pages look here http://www.gta.cz , and if you want to see our English project (with new design), look here http://caryk.jepice.cz/gta_eng.jpg

Please, let me know to my e-mail czech.gta@gmail.com, if you are interested in helping us! Looking forward to your e-mails.

Dualnames

Hello there.
Zaphod Beeblebrox and me are searching for someone to do the music on our game. Yes , the Hitchhiker's Guide to The Galaxy(there's a thread in the in production part of this forum). Zaphod is busy doing the rest(he only has three arms) so we would appreciate any help. Your chance to be part of history is now..(actually no that's not true but I just wanted to emphasize).
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Joseph DiPerla

I am looking for a team who is willing to make a remake of Zak McKracken with me. The update to the game would include updated graphics, AGS game engine, actual Dialogue, small extra features and additions to the story line while still keeping true to the original game. The game will also feature Language translations, and a full talkie.

The main thing about this game and all its graphics is that it will all be open source and widely available for everyone to edit, make their own version or create a sequel with the graphics.

If anyone is interested, please sign up at my Zak site located within my transformers site: zakmckracken.org, eventually, when I have a team, I will update the site a little better.

What I am looking for is for any background and character artists and animators willing to make graphics as a cross between Day of the Tentacle and Curse of Monkey Island.

I am also looking for anyone interested in making a GUI and inventory items. Help with editing the game plot and story are also accepted as team members.

Musicians are also needed at this team. No voice acting accepted as of right now and no translators as of right now either.

If your interested, post here in the sign up thread:

http://www.zakmckracken.org

Thanks!

EDIT: This is what I put in the forum for signing up:
Hello and welcome to the unofficial Zak McKracken Remake Project. We are anxious to get this project underway. But we are looking for some to join our team. This is what we have currently:

*Programmer
*Writer for story and Dialog
*Minor Voice Role- Actor
*Webhost
*Italian Translator

What we need more immediatly:
*Assistant Story and Dialog writer (Looking for Max two more People)
*Background Graphics Artist, Colorer, touchups or all in one. (What I am looking for is a cross between "Day of the Tentacle" and "Curse of Monkey Island". I want the crisp clear graphics of CMI, but the goofy look of DOTT). An example of this can be found here: http://energon-plant.com/zakmckracken.org/zak2room.jpg

As far as background artists go, I can use as many as possible. There will be a process for this. We sketch the background based on what we need. We then See how we can improve it.Then trace it onto a digital image basically. Touch it up. Color it. Add shading and other needed essentials. Then we touch it up for one more final time.

After the main background is done, we do the same for objects in the room, like a bed or a desk, etc.. These will then be placed as objects in the room in the game engine.

*We are looking for Character artists.
*We are looking for animators for helping with both the background/character/gui/inventory animations as well as with animators for cutscenes.
*We are looking for musicians. We basically want to modify the original music content, but to sound more modern and with a mix between and alternative and hard rock sound.
*Anyone looking to help with designing a GUI and inventory items.

Needed, but not as badly:
*Translators for:  German, Spanish, French and several other languages.
*Voice Actors. Just remember some of these characters in the game: Zak, Annie, Leslie, Melissa, Caponians and Caponian king... There are several other characters, but these are the main ones.

In order to join, here are the steps:
1) Find the right thread for the job your looking for.
2) Sign up and post what role you want to have in that department.
3) Provide on the forum, a link to some samples and try to wow me. In other words, make it the best you and show it to me. Just because your work may be incredible does not mean that you will automatically be accepted to the team. We are looking for a unique style for music, acting and art. Please provide more than one or two samples of your work. We want to see that you can be consistent in your work. So, if your applying for backgrounds, draw two or three of the typical work you can do. Same with Voice Acting and music.
4) Wait for me to get back to you.

What are the requirements to join the team:

1) Noone will get paid. If someone offers a donation to you, thats fine. But dont tell me about and dont sell any work related to the project.
2) Since noone is getting paid, I do not require constant work from you guys. I would like a status on what you did during the week every week, not to pressure you, but just to know that your still interested in the project. We understand that life comes at you fast and you have family, religion, school and many many other things. So I wont be upset if work doesn't progress as quickly. I am full aware that this project may take years to complete. So there is not pressure.
3) You must be a team player. Even though we have programmers and writers, it doesn't mean that you cant voice your opinion about features or about story lines etc... We all need to get a long and be able to communicate well. Everyone is important on the team.

Tips on rapid progression of the project:
*Set aside time in your schedule. Take 5, 10, 15, 20, 30 minutes a day to think about what you want to do and how to do it. Then once a week or two weeks, take an hour or two and work on the task.
*Communicate with team members
*Accept criticism.
*Try to find a way to keep yourself motivated for the project. Possibly play the original game over and over. Look at fan projects, fan stories, fan art. Think of the outcome once the project is over. It could be something to add to your resume. It could be a reason for you to be famous in the end. Perhaps if this goes well, we can create a commercial game together. Find ways to motivate yourself continuosly.
*Improve on your skill with PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE!

Benefits of joining the team:
*Your remaking the greatest game of all time.
*Your gaining experience and adding something to your resume.
*Your improving on your skill.
*You will get your very own @zakmckracken.org email address
*You will be mentioned in the credits
*And surely there will be much much more.

So, if your interested in joining, please sign up in the forum. Thanks for your hard work. Any private questions, please email me at joey@zakmckracken.org

-Joey DiPerla
Team Leader
Joseph DiPerla--- http://www.adventurestockpile.com
Play my Star Wars MMORPG: http://sw-bfs.com
See my Fiverr page for translation and other services: https://www.fiverr.com/josephdiperla
Google Plus Adventure Community: https://plus.google.com/communities/116504865864458899575

skerrigan

You can learn more about my game here, but I -really- could do with a background artist on the Eighth Doctor adventures. I don't really need a lot of backgrounds for the first adventure, but if anyone fancies a stab at any of the following could they PM me:-

- view of city
- hotel exterior, interior and rear of
- generic corridors
- command room

Otherwise I fear the later stages of the game will look like this:-

woodz

We're looking for a 3D modeler for a Myst style adventure game
Its mainly architectural, building and interiors

The game is panoramic and high res so a reasonable quality is called for

There's actually two games a mystery and horror

Drop me a PM if interested ;)

rock_chick

Update
Okay what I'm looking for is an additional part time designer.
Also I need voice actors, a male and a female. The male would take on 2 roles as would the women, meaning each voice actor needs to ability to realistically alter their voice for the second role.

The game is called "Paper Memories" and the plot is a guy who wakes up one day and finds he has no memory of who is or anything about himself, anything further would be a spoiler and I haven't worked out the entire storyline yet.
Until now I have been using almost entirely free(not illegal) sprites for the game but I feel it's time to create a team and then get a name for that team. A partnership or collaboration that means it's no longer my game but the team's game.

For information on my game as well as screenshots please visit my
blog

If you are interested please let me know via
PM

Emerald

Quote from: rock_chick on Sun 02/03/2008 14:51:34
The game is called "Paper Memories" and the plot is a guy who wakes up one day and finds he has no memory of who is or anything about himself, anything further would be a spoiler and I haven't worked out the entire storyline yet.

I have to say, that's the most cliched story concept of all...

rock_chick

Quote from: Emerald on Sat 08/03/2008 23:16:55
I have to say, that's the most cliched story concept of all...
Well my blog pretty much explains without giving too much away that it's not as clichéd as you may think. Of course the basic beginning concept has been used many times, I'm not claiming it isn't, it's how a storyline progresses beyond that beginning and ends up that shows whether it's just a copycat act or has original ideas.

Peder 🚀

Sons of Gaia is looking for someone to make talking animations for 2 images:

Needed very urgent!
Since the forum is gonna be down for maintence if you read this before it happens you can contact us on MSN or over email:

cupgage[at]hotmail.com

Thanks,
Peder Johnsen
Project Leader,
Sons of Gaia,
www.sonsofgaia.net

Sorted!

Mazoliin

Plumberboy - The Platform Game

I'm looking for an musician to this game.
If you can make NES style music it would be great, otherwise midi will do fine too.
It's a minimum of three songs, so it isn't a big job. The only thing important is that they should be able to loop smoothly. What style of music is up to you, but it sould fit the game, sewer, plumming, big underground, you get the point.
If you want to you are welcome to try to do sound effects.

I'm still looking for some experienced beta testers, PM me.

Björn "Mazoliin"

Mercutick

Hi,

I have little more than an idea for a game, and i'm not looking to be too ambitious with it, so anyone who's moderate to good at using AGS will be able to create it i'm sure. I hope i don't come across as lazy, but i've tried creating it myself and didn't get very far at all. If anyone is good at designing but has difficulty writing or coming up with good ideas, let me know by PM if you are interested. I will let you take most of the credit, but i'd like to have a lot of input into the story and a mention in the credits for written by...
Thanks,

Mercutick

Peder 🚀

Please delete this post.

Vai777

Hello,

I working really slowly on two games : one will be a long "near future" type of game and the other one will be a short horror adventure.

I would like to have someone who can pixel over/color my drawings so that I can concentrating on raw drawing. Here are some typical rough sketches that you could have to pixel and color.

I work slowly. I'm a bit demanding on the quality, but I understand that you will work for free. I'm also open to your critics on my drawings.

Thanks to all!

riseryn

Hi
I'm looking for someone able to translate my game text French-> English properly.
I can do the same thing in exchange   English -> French.

if interested pm me

thanks

Nagania

hey everybody,

i am looking for any musicians who are willing to with me to create the music for my game.

the game is going to be a medievil type game, so if thats your style of music, PM me!!!

pm me for more information!
also, if you want to give me a sample of your work, that would be great!

cheers,
nagania 
Nagania Games - Work on my first ever game, Sketch, has begun!  Check out my website, www.freewebs.com/nagania

TheStockzieh

Hi there,

I'm a musician and looking for projects to work on. I can adapt to most styles even if my preferences lie on sympho or rock/metal stuff. If you're interested PM or mail me (TheStock05@hotmail.com), I can send you examples of my work.

Best regards,
TheStockzieh

Stupot

I'm looking for a 'Background Artist' for Bastard!.
So if you're not too busy and are in need of a project please read on...

I'm too useless and slow at backgrounds, and I do want the finished product to be pretty.

The game is a new adventure based on 'How to be a Complete Bastard'.

For more information about the project, please visit The Official Bastard! game page.

The game will be 320x200 and I am hoping for a more pixelated style.
We would be looking to end up with approx. 10-12 backgrounds, each representing the rooms in a house and gardens.

Once I have finalized the puzzles I will provide guidelines and general details of what each room needs to include, but I won't stifle your creativity too much.  This will be as much your game as it will mine.

In the meantime, if you are interested, please drop me a PM, preferably with some examples of your work so that I can choose a style that I think will work for Bastard!

Thanks
-Stu

G

Hi there. I'm G and I'm looking for help with my current project

The Vendetta Project is the public name of my game in an early stage of development. It is gangster-themed game, but with a very naive and romantic conception of the theme, and of course, a nice dose of comedy as in games like Monkey Island or Space Quest.

Screens

The fact is that I'm looking for someone with great skills for midi music since I was denied the skills for that. I promise this game has a lot of music genres so making music will not be boring at all.

As you see, the game is in pure Spanish. I'm looking for someone who can translate it to english, since I've finshed the first act and I'm developing the second. In a future, when game gets completed and the English translation done, I'll ask for more people who can translate the game to more languages (Italian, French, Russian, Portuguese...)

Anyone interested in providing help, please sen me a PM and I'll answer you with more information about the project. Of course, your names or nicks (whatever you want) will be present in the credits.

Hope to get help.

Cheers!

The Suitor

I'm looking for a couple of people to help along the process of this game.

I need...

1. A programmer
2. A musician
3. Someone good at puzzle making and story details.
4. A sprite and/or background artist that can emulate the same style I have laid out already (which shouldn't be hard)

I'd like to see this game be decent and most of all finished. PM me if you're interested!

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=33994.0 is the production thread for more info.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk