RAT - 2004-2008

Started by , Fri 28/11/2003 16:52:22

Previous topic - Next topic

EdLoen

I'm looking for a moderately decent coder to help me with the final few things for my initial game.

I've had this project sitting around since 2005 and i think it's finally time to stop not working on it and getting it out.

But there's two main things that I'm having problems with and would like a tester/consultant to work with me.

Mainly getting a puzzle's variables sorted out, and help with creating a side-gag that I had planned (though honestly could be either scrapped or held-off on).

If you're a forum regular and have proven in the past to be trustworthy enough (like anyone would wanna steal my crappy little thing anyway)  I may even send your way a copy the actual game folder to look at scripts and stuff hands on versus just a compiled of what's there so far.

If you have a few moments of time that you want to use helping out a code-inept person complete his first project, drop me a PM on here.

Dualnames

Well, I usually.. never ask for help.. but well. Ok, I'm planning on working on a game called Bookish Hunt Down event. I've written the whole story. The story is based on this small part i posted at the writing competition. If anyone is interested or wants to find out more I could send him the whole book I've written or the story of the game. (In doc format via e-mail)

The entry at the comp is here:
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=34633.0

The game is an adventure. I'm looking for a retroscopic style(like another world).
The game will be a science fiction comedy, well, ok, i'll tell sth about the story. After the destruction of all books, knowledge is being altered or lost. The leader of the main sub-city is searching for heroes. The player is currently number 42 on the list, but as the game progresses you will accidentally cause the death of 41 people. One by one.

So if you want to draw a couple of backgrounds for me.,. it would be wooting awesome.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

MRollins

Hello all,

I need a BG artist for a game I am working on. I have a great sprite artist but BG's are becoming a bit of a problem. There are 40 BG's in all with about half of them being simple jungle scenes with a path (think QG1 forest scenes).

The game is a inspired by Quest for Glory but has a sci-fi/space touch to it. It is called Jimmy: The Misguided Spaceman and focuses on a wisecracking spaceman's journey home after crash landing on his home planet.

I would be willing to pay $15 per BG so the total project would net the BG artist $600 PLUS you would have the honor of working on a COMPLETED game downloaded the world over by millions of people! I plan to release this game for free so I am not looking to make a profit- only to complete and release a game.

I have a fully detailed design document and a demo I can send to anyone who is interested. I'm 100% dediated to this project and it will be completed. Contact me at mattrollins@hotmail.com

TheJBurger

I am in need of a musician for my next (freeware) project. It will be approximately 70-80 rooms long, but only consisting of two distinct locations. These locations are inspired by the video game Portal and the anime Cowboy Bebop.

The story is heavily film-noir and science-fiction based, so expect the music to revolve around that.
If you're wondering about the quality of my work, you can play my previously released games, La Croix Pan or Chatroom.

The game is nearing completion, so I will need a musician soon. If you think you are interested, want more details, or have any questions, please PM me and I will be happy to answer. If you could also provide a sample of your work, that would be great.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

-TheJBurger

EDIT: I have a musician.

masteryoda555

Hi all,

I'm currently working starting work on a game and i'm in need of a background and/or a sprite artist. The game is inspired by the Quest for Glory series, but it is a original story written by me. It will be a rather large game with anywhere from 50+ backgrounds needed. The game is going to be a dark fantasy much like QFG4. If anyone is interested you can contact me at nlogan555@hotmail.com . I plan to have a demo with some hand drawn (uncolored) backgrounds released soon to show off some of the story and new features I'm implementing into the game. PM me if your interested or if you just want more information about the game/story.

Monk

Music Writers & Voice Actors (M/F) needed

Im working on a small project,hopefully will be a saga/series later if theres a lot of people enjoys and demanding it..

The project called [greenback]©

Im looking forward to work together with  musicians and voice actors to be part of the team,
or just freelancing for this one intro project.

this project will be the beginning/promotional purpose for the next main games, this project will be a freeware so i cant give you nothing yet, but of course your names in the credits or the main titles will be my top priority!

if you would like to help me, which im very appreciate it, please send me a PM and let me know.

Thanks in advance,

Marta

Marta

Marta

If someone can help me, my e-mail is Thank you.

Play_Pretend

Hey all!  Anybody remember Quest to End All Quests? 
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=34040.0

We put it on halfway-production while we were finishing Damsel, and now we're back into the full swing on it.  And we're realizing that we may have bitten off a bit more than we can chew animation-wise. :)

We're looking for an experienced (or inexperienced but talented) animator to handle the main bulk of our character animations, working from the character designs created by Pijin, the lead artist.  The sprites are very detailed and pixellated, which is why I myself can't help much with animations, not being so good at the art skills. :)  We can get it done eventually on our own, but it would seriously cut our production time in half to have help.

Most of the animation involved won't be complicated, most characters stand still and don't even need walkcycles (though a few do).  But they all need Sierra-style portrait talkcycles, idle and blink cycles, and most of them will also need some character-specific one-time animation (jumping into the air, spreading wings and flying, diving into the sea, for example).

The heaviest part will be animating the main character, who needs the full compliment of unusual animations involved in any adventure plot I've written. :)  We need someone who I can tell, "Make Balder shave that monkey!" and lo, that monkey will be shaved.  (Not an actual game puzzle. :) )  Most of his 50-60+ animation views will need only maybe from 4 to 10 frames of animation, and we'll work with you every step of the way to make sure you have everything you need.

Most importantly, we need someone who will stick to their commitment and see this through...we don't have a definite deadline, but final release within the next 6 months is a good estimate, with extra time available if we're just holding for the sake of quality.  Please don't offer to help unless you're really willing to work like crazy for half a year or so, just like we're doing.  It's an excellent project, and for your sacrifice you shall earn fame everlasting. :)

So please check out the In Production link at the top if you're interested, and examine the artwork.  Pijin will design the characters, and you'll bring 'em to life.  Please have examples of your previous animation work to show us if you write, a link or downloadable file or something.  Thanks for taking the time to read this, hope to hear from you!  Cheers!

------

BETA-TESTERS

I need beta-testers for my game "Mente Vacía - Destino en Blanco". The BETA version is only in Spanish so you must to understand Spanish language.

If you want to help me with the test of the game, please write me to this e-mail:

akkadestudios@gmail.com

Thanks!

federexwow69

:) oookk I'm a bit lost here. I'm kinda newbie in scripting... and I want to make a Yu-Gi-Oh! like game. I've been looking in the forums and there's no thread that can help me. So, I beg that somebody could help me making this game. If anyone wants to make this game with me, add me bocasentimiento_05@hotmail.com, or please give me some scripts... THANKS A LOT!! (By the way, I speak spanish, so excuse me if there's anything wrong with my English ;D)

PS: Don't worry, I will do ALL the art in the game and the rules are already set!! (Made by me of course  :=)
The gamer doesn't die - he respawns!

Layabout

Hi, I'm Layabout. I am making a game and require a coder, as I have a complete inability to get to grips with AGS Scripting.

Backgrounds are about 20% done. Most are thumbnailed though, so are usuable as placeholder backgrounds.

Story is about 50% complete. I really only need to write witty hilarious dialog. The plot itself is complete.

Character art is really the only area that needs priority attention. I have a few done, but I really need to knuckle down on my pixelling. Once again, placeholder sprites can be used.

I will be looking for a musician, but I have a few contacts I'll probably be calling on anyway. If you feel you can produce a jazzy/french title track, please don't hesitate to PM me and give me a sample of your work.

Please only serious applicants required for the coder position. PM me if you think you are up for the job. In return, I'll send you the plot outline and some of the sample art.

Grundislav, don't apply, you have to make BJ8.

If anyone out there thinks they can do a good French accent, please send me a sample, there are a few characters I still need to cast.
I am Jean-Pierre.

------

TRANSLATOR

I need people to translate my Spanish game to English. The game is fully completed but it's near to finish the beta-tester period. So, if you want to help me with the translation, write me to this mail:

akkadestudios@gmail.com

Or tell me with a PM.

Thanks

Moresco

Hey everyone, as you may know, I'm remaking Police Quest 2.  Right now, I could use some help with a few specific things.  Of course I'd love to put together a team of people to finish this game and work on the Police Quest inspired games to come, but that's totally optional really.

Background help:
I'm doing ok, but I think I need a little help with natural environments and maybe someone who just has a better eye than I do.  A second opinion is always nice to have nearby.
Here's a few examples of the current background work:

Lytton PD

Cotton Cove

Snuggler's Inn - Room 108

Old Warehouse District

That really should give you a very good idea of what things currently look like.  Since I started this back in February of this year, I find myself going back over these and improving them time and again.  In some areas I think they're still lacking something, but I really need to work on bringing the other backgrounds to a state similar to these and so I'd like someone more skilled than I, to go over the existing backgrounds and make improvements or possibly corrections without drastically altering them.

------------------------

Sprite help / Animation
The next thing I need help with, is for someone who is able to draw things like vehicles, characters, in perspective to match each background, draw them in perspective being animated, moving in perspective, etc and then be able to detail them to where they look semi-photographic to match the backgrounds and match the model of car or whatever it is that needs to be drawn.  I can draw some of them, but I really don't have the patience to draw all of these things with a mouse.  A friend has volunteered the use of his tablet, but he can't seem to locate the thing.  So any help with animation, drawing sprites, would be very appreciated and welcomed.

That's about all I do need help with right now.  If you like hard work and are looking for a team to join that will be working on many projects having to do with police work, please contact me. 

There's more here on the AGS Games in Production thread:
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=33685.0

Or more here on the official project page:
http://www.novellice.com/theRedPress/?page_id=67

Thanks!
-Brent
::: Mastodon :::

JuggernautGames

Yes, that's right. We're actually considering making a sequel to "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade." Of course, two people can't do this on their own, so we're asking you, our fellow Indy fans for help. Without any further ado, here's what we're asking.

We are two amateur programmers looking for two artists to help design sprites, backgrounds, and all other artistic, game related images. Images must be of the same format as the original "last Crusade." If you would like to apply, please submit an image that you've created of an office or classroom of Barnet College (where Indy teaches) to JuggernautGames@gmail.com. Also, please note that you must sign all rights to Juggernaut Games, Co. ,which is the "company" you will be working for.

We're also looking for some people to help us write the storyline. If you're interested in doing that, you can also send an email, and we'll make sure to contact you.

Please note that while we are currently only looking for two artists and a storyline writer at the moment, we may (and most likely) be asking for new recruits later on. We may need more programmers, artists, translators, etc. We'll keep you posted.

Before I forget to mention it, here's our website Juggernaut.Stolovitz.com. See you there!

tombom62

I need some people to be graphic designers for my kq8 remake.  I need people to make KQ1-3 VGA style graphics, and 3d characters/walk cycles.
kq8 project site:
http://kq8project.9f.com

Forum:
http://kq8project.19.forumer.com
PM and join the forum if you want to help out.

p.s.  I know it is not far in development, that's why I need a team, (for this project only) even if it's not a permanent A-TEC Games team. (A-TEC Games doesn't really exist... yet)
TRIUMPH AND TSL 4 EVER!

Dualnames

I'm gonna need 2 voice-actors for voice acting in Starship Poseidon, one is female, two are male, the roles are quite small, and no special skills are required.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Trent R

I am currently working on a tech demo of my game, and I need artist(s) that can create Backgrounds and Characters based on my descriptions. These can be on the most simple MS Paint level just as long as Characters can fit in them and have correct perspective.

If you wish to work more permanently, I'm looking for Sierra VGA style art.

Please PM me if you are interested.
~Trent

[Edit1]:After realising how bare this post truly is.

My game is titled Hero of the Rune and is a Adventure/RPG hybrid much the same as Quest For Glory is. I'm aiming for at least the length of QFG1, but I'm a horrible judge at how long it is/will be/ and so forth (I'll leave that to the testers to decide). However, the game and plot are designed specifically to allow the game to break into and be released in two parts (hopefully 1/3 and 2/3 for each).

I'm making it at 640x400 right now, and hope to achieve the quality found in Sierra's VGA games (QFG1, 3-4, SQ4, KQ6, etc). For an AGS example, think ATOTK.

What I need right now though, can be MS Paint linework that shows basic walls, perspective, and objects. Same with character sprites, and portraits (portraits can be 1 frame for now). Once I find a permanent artist (if that's you, all the better!) then I'd like the quality mentioned above. I just basically want something I can put in the engine to start working with.

[Edit2]: The first third has 11 (maybe 12) rooms, 6 unique characters, and 6 characters that look the same but with different portraits.

~Trent

[Edit3]: I should be fine now.

~Trent
To give back to the AGS community, I can get you free, full versions of commercial software. Recently, Paint Shop Pro X, and eXPert PDF Pro 6. Please PM me for details.

Current Project: The Wanderer
On Hold: Hero of the Rune

Dualnames

Also, if anyone really cares a beta tester or more of them for Starship Poseidon would be really cool.

Leon

Quote from: Dualnames on Tue 04/11/2008 23:37:52
Also, if anyone really cares a beta tester or more of them for Starship Poseidon would be really cool.

Just let me know when... ;-)
Ultimate Game Solutions - Because there is a solution for everything

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk