RAT - 2004-2008

Started by , Fri 28/11/2003 16:52:22

Previous topic - Next topic

m0ds

This thread is out of date now :(

For 2009 through 2011 recruitment calls, see: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=36479.0

TerranRich

I am so unoriginal at these things that it scares me. Anything I make resembles the LCARS interface from Star Trek. If you don't know what that looks like, go here: www.ccdump.org

What I need is someone to design a futuristic computer graphical user interface, DIFFERENT than Star Trek's LCARS interface. Something original, something groovy. Not only will you get full credit in my game (By the Sword), you will also have your name mentioned somehow in the game, like a little easter egg or something. I will do this for you, if I like what I see.

Damn I wish I could make my own thread to recruit someone. I would get more attention that way. :P

Just PM me your work and I'll pick the best one to be part of...."the team".

EDIT

Carp! I complete forgot what the test submission should look like! Um, make a computer interface that will control the hangar bay; i.e., it must have functions to activate the atmospheric forcefield, open the doors, unlock the shuttlepod, etc., whatever else you think might be useful on such an interface. You can take creative license and add in seemingly useless buttons and displays and features and whatnot. Maybe even some kind of small display that says "Currently logged in: so and so". Things like that.

Oh, and since BTS is going to be in 640x400 res, make it 620x380 or something (10 pixels each edge) so it is not its own room, but merely an AGS GUI above the room.

Thanks!

SSH

I want to have this kick-buttock cutscene in Awakening of the Sphinx, where (watch out spoilers, so don't read it if you're not going to help!)

Spoiler

The Sphinx wakes up, stands up and starts to stomp on people who are running away in terror
[close]

The easiest way to do this is probably with a 3d render. I have found a Poser Sphinx model to get things started. However, I have no 3d experience whatsoever and the only 3d tools I have are the ones you can get legally for free (ie Maya PLE & Alice). So, if someone wants to help produce the best cutscene ever then great! If someone can do the animation without 3d then even better! If we can do some cool Matrix-like camera rotations too then so much the better.

Credit wil be given of course, and we can see if you want to put some kind of Easter Egg in the game somewhere: your name in heiroglyphics perhaps, or a statue of you somewhere in a temple?

Please PM me!

big brother

I'm looking for a voice actor for some lines in the talkie version of Apprentice 1.

The role is the highwaywoman, and for those of you that haven't played the game, she's a gruff, mean personality (like a bridge troll).

I would like to find a MALE voice actor for her part, because I'm having trouble finding a female with a gruff voice. So if you're a guy with a deep voice and have access to a microphone, please record the following line and send it as an attachment (mp3 or wav, please) to ifs104@psu.edu.

HIGHWAYWOMAN: I'm a businesswoman. I collect revenue from pedestrians, who pay me not to get angry.

For more info on the game, please visit http://herculeaneffort.adventuredevelopers.com/app1.html

Thanks, guys!
Mom's Robot Oil. Made with 10% more love than the next leading brand.
("Mom" and "love" are registered trademarks of Mom-Corp.)

santiago

Quote from: big brother on Fri 12/12/2003 20:14:43
So if you're a guy with a deep voice and have access to a microphone, please record the following line and send it as an attachment (mp3 or wav, please) to ifs104@psu.edu.

I am a male and with a deep voice owning a microphone. I'm terrible at voice acting though. At least I think I am.   ;)

Just downloaded your Apprentice 1. Am going to take a peak at it now.

Cheers!
"With a loaded gun, and sweet dreams of you."

Penguinx

I am a pretty competent 2D artist looking to partner with a capable programmer in a hobby-game-studio situation. I have limited programming experience, myself, and am only looking for someone who is capable of programming 2D games (as that is my forte in art, as well). Will purchase any necessary software/engines to do so.

Just send an email to ray@penguinx.org or PM me here at the forum if you are at all interested!

DarkRiver Design

I need help ripping some Sierra characters from old games (nothing predating King's Quest 5). I would like to be able to extract characters from King's Quest 5 and 6 in particular. Anyone who knows how to do this, please PM me. I would be indebted to you.

Thanks.

Harvester

I have started to work on ISN 2. Like in part one, I'll first release the introduction as a small non-playable demo.
What I need is someone to compose a short (around two minutes or something) music theme for the title screen. The titles will roll over a picture of a refrigerator, mainly because the game's full title is ISN 2: Curse Of The Refrigerator In The Apartment Of Terror. Not surprisingly, the game will follow Swedegard Norwayson as he tries to solve the case of a haunted refrigerator. I don't have any special requests for the theme, but it is recommended that there is something "mysterious" to it (you know, like The X-Files theme or something). Also, if there are any more sequels, this theme will be used in them as the official ISN franchise theme, so anyone who does the job will provide great fame, fortune & glory for him/herself.
If you want to help, send me a private message with your e-mail address, so that I can send you a link with the portion of the intro I made so far (it's a very early and unpolished version, but it will help you to get into the game's atmosphere and stuff).
None shall pass!

Paranoid Factor

ScottDoom

I no longer need help...

BerserkerTails

The Quest for Infamy team is looking for a background artist/dialog picture artist, with talent creating Sierra style backgrounds. Much work on this game has already been done, and the team (Especially me, who has spent many, MANY hours working on sprites) assure that the game is serious and will be completed.

If interested, email me at btails*NOSPAM*@shaw.ca (remove *NOSPAM*) to gain access to the ezBoard the team uses to communicate. Here you can peruse the info, including sprites, story outlines, and even a tech demo. Then you can make your decision whether or not to join the team.

<Hopes this works>
I make music.

Pet Terry

Hmph, I have only two voice actors for Goldlagoon and I need more! I contacted some but only one of them answered. So here goes...

I know there's many good voice actors here on the forums. So my game Goldlagoon ( http://www.agsforums.com/yabb/index.php?board=8;action=display;threadid=3146 ) needs you! It will take a while until the game is finished, but I want to get voice actors early so that they can start recording when ever I need some lines.

At the moment I may have an actor for main character, but it's not sure yet. At the moment I would need:
- Old man (about 60 years old, pretty deep voice, not really big part)
- Another old man (about 60 years old too, not so deep voice, his part is pretty big)
- Augustus Goldhandle (check Goldlagoon-topic, about 40 years old, not very big part in game)
- Man on the ship (pretty usual voice for about 20-30 years old man, but this part needs shouting :P (I actually contacted m0ds about this one but he never answered), not a big part in game)

At the moment I would need those. They shouldn't be cartoony, I want them to be as realistic as possible. If you're interested, PM and I will give some lines and more information about character. PM is probably better than email, because my email has been acting weird lately...

<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

Babar

I need someone to create a logo for me. It would be at the beginning of the games I am making. I would give you credits in all the games I make, and I would be sure to pay you if um....I ever made money from the game ;)
Anyway, the logo I need is of an stylized Ox. I have searched the net, and found that an ox is just like any other bovine creatures. It is male, so I want horns, and a ring in the nose if pssoble. I would like it from the shoulders up. Think of the logo of chicago bulls, but with the ox looking kooky instead of angry. Also it should be in only 2 or 3 colours. Ok, no after all my "shoulds" and "musts", I say, PLEEAAAASE HELP.
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Hobbes

I already posted this request before in my own game thread, but I'll ask here again. :) It's for Buccaneer 2. More info on the game can be found here: http://www.unosar.com/buc2/

I'm looking for:

Someone who is willing to make several (approx. 8) full-sized 320x200 screens. They are to tell a dream sequence with which the game begins (something like Gabriel Knight 1). During the game, this dream will deepen and the full horror of Richard's past will then be brought to life. So it will be cutscene material.

If you have further questions or wish to offer your services (showing a sample of what you have done in the past helps), please pm me.

Thanks!

Raggit

I am in need of a REALLY talented character animator to draw the main character of my game.  I'm not going to reveal much here, but if you're interested in the job, just send me a private message.

I'll fill you in from there and provide the character's description and my e-mail.

Here is some basic info:

The animation will need to be very smooth and realistic.  The character should be about 30 pixels wide and 88 pixels tall.  Whoever I hire will have his/her name in the game's credits of course.
--- BARACK OBAMA '08 ---
www.barackobama.com

workontotheknight

I need an artist for my program.  :( I can't draw and nobody will draw for me. Do you know anybody I could get to do it online?

Nine Toes

Watch, I just killed this topic...

CoffeeBob

This is what I need for my game, Magican - A wizards taleâ,,¢:
 *Voice actors (especially for the main character).
 *Spriter who can make cel-shade style sprites and flash-cutscene maker.
 *Synth-music composer that can compose rox0rs music. (if I don't find any composer, I'll have to go with the MI2-MP3 music from ScummBar.com...)

That's all I need for now.

ElaineMc

EDIT: Got the needed volunteers-- thanks!
1. Never make unnecessary noise.
2. Never use unnecessary light.
3. Never expect a rescue.
Outrider - Zombies exist. Deal with them.

m0ds

Elaine, what help are you looking for for your game?

And if anyone has filled positions, please can you edit your thread with "filled" or something? That way I can prune the thread.

:)

DGMacphee

Hi all,

I'm doing another Dada game.

I'm going to utilise some of the suggestions made by other users to make the game a little more "different" than standard adventures.

However, for this game, I need a favour.

I'm terrible with graphics and I would like as many people as possible to submit artwork to me.

I'm looking for stuff that looks painted (no toony designs please), but I'll be composing scenes out of the images people supply -- I think this aids in avoiding copyright problems with google's image search.

All you need to do to help is PM me a picture that relates to one of the following words:

* Heaven
* Angel
* God
* Sex
* Humanity
* Apocalypse
* Wasteland
* Earth
* Soul
* Sanity
* Love
* Vagina
* Womb

Please send me via PM your best artwork based on one of these words.

Thank you.

Please note: I'm not looking for actual pictures of these things (not looking for pictures of God or vaginas), but rather just artwork of something inspired by one of these words.
ABRACADABRA YOUR SPELLS ARE OKAY

DGMacphee Designs - http://www.sylpher.com/DGMacphee/
AGS Awards - http://www.sylpher.com/AGSAwards/

Instagame - http://www.sylpher.com/ig/
"Ah, look! I've just shat a rainbow." - Yakspit

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk