RAT - 2004-2008

Started by , Fri 28/11/2003 16:52:22

Previous topic - Next topic

LordBlazeMcLeary

... Team Recrution!  Horror-ish games, multiple projects so I'm looking for perm help.

I have a writer and a technical guy, I need some one on graphics and sound.  The way my tech is going, I'll need some one to aid/replace him soon, I think..

Here's the spin on those since it's a bad idea to say what I need and run.

Graphics - Must be able to make semi-realistic characters (not TOO cartoony), animate backgrounds and be proficient with effects and gore since we do primarily horror games, and I have 2 horror style plots for 2 projects in mind.

Sound - Must have access to sound editing software and know where to find sound effects (or make them :0).  We'll also need music, so they should be able to compose midi files or some manner of effective music.  This person will need to be introduced to voice actors, to make a work system with them - ALL of my games, due to personal standards, will be fully voice acted.  I will find the voice actors myself.

Tech - While we'll likely be using the AGS engine, some one with programming knowledge or something to that area will be extremely useful.  Plus, I'll need some one to share the compilation work with.

Gord10

As you may have known, I released the deluxe version of Lost in the Nightmare: 'Save Our Souls'  a short time ago.

I had used ripped musics from Silent Hill, Resident Evil soundtracks and some cropped tracks by Rammstein, Tiamat, Moonspell and Radiohead. Now it seems like I should change the musics of my game with some original tracks; as I am afraid of the fact that the game's fame may grow as large as to be 'cared' by the music companies who may dislike my work now ^^; And also I don't want to act so lamely anymore to rip off musics.  (but I think at least it was a good reference of me to be able to finish such a large game).

So I need composers who can create tracks of some certain themes. I can send them the tracks of the original game's music files if they need.

It is also okay for me to use old but free tracks of you or someone else's with their permissions.

Thanks in advance!
Games are art!
My horror game, Self

vertigoaddict

Looking for animators for a short game. The more the merrier so I'd practically accept anyone who jumps on the boat.

More info on the game, PM me please.

ales11

HI, i m from argentina, and not speak english well.... jeje, sorry.
This is my mail: lp_ale99@hotmail.com. I wants speak whit people that uses ags. If they speak spanish betterr. i decided make a AG, and have problems whit the art. Thanks. Bye

Tequila144

rocket

I am gonna start a remake of all of the first 4 Police Quest games and I need an artist to help me come up with backgrounds and 3d models. Preferrably going to make this easily compatible with Vista so newbies can play. I also think I might expand the original story a bit to provide a little more in depth police work. Possibly starting Sonny as a new recruit. but It all depends on how much the artist is willing to contribute.

Dualnames

Ok. At this point for LC3: Showdown
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=32302.0
We need:
Voice Acting:
a)Someone to do Manny Calavera(Grim Fandango), someone with Spanish accent will do.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grim_Fandango
Proofread:
The game is in english they're must be some errors for you to find.
Translators:
Whatever language you can do doesn't matters.

CONTACTING US:
PM Dualnames
e-mail here: JustLedZep@mail.gr
or here:ledzepforever@gmail.com
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

yukonhorror

I have contacted two others about this, but I either get snubbed or ignored.  So now I am opening an invitation to all in the community. 

I have wrote down the entire script of the original script only Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy (HHGG).  I.e. the response to every possible action I could think of.  I also have a lot of notes concerning logistics of how the game could work in a point-and-click environment. 

I spent a lot of time working on this, and I would love to see it turn into a game similar to the remade king quest games or A tale of two kingdoms.  The problem is I stink at graphics, sound, and general programming.  I know AGS is designed to not need programming skills, but I think it might help.  Point is, I don't feel I have the time or the ability to make the game it should be.  Those game making teams interested please reply to this forum. 

Those who think HHGG can't be translated to a point-and-click can smell my bum.  However, those who have a little faith and vision, let's make this game great. 

bartillier

We need a good 2d artist who would do his stuff in 320x200 resolution, we also have a charcater guy and an animator, so the 2d artist's job would be just the backgrounds.

if anyone is interested, send me an email to saso.tms[at]gmail.com and we can talk more

have fun

yukonhorror

Quote from: yukonhorror on Wed 23/01/2008 00:36:17
I have contacted two others about this, but I either get snubbed or ignored.  So now I am opening an invitation to all in the community. 

I have wrote down the entire script of the original script only Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy (HHGG).  I.e. the response to every possible action I could think of.  I also have a lot of notes concerning logistics of how the game could work in a point-and-click environment. 

I spent a lot of time working on this, and I would love to see it turn into a game similar to the remade king quest games or A tale of two kingdoms.  The problem is I stink at graphics, sound, and general programming.  I know AGS is designed to not need programming skills, but I think it might help.  Point is, I don't feel I have the time or the ability to make the game it should be.  Those game making teams interested please reply to this forum. 

Those who think HHGG can't be translated to a point-and-click can smell my bum.  However, those who have a little faith and vision, let's make this game great. 

I want to add to this.  I have the scripting.  Notes, specific results of what happens when you interact (mouse click) with an object or person in a room.  It is VERY thorough. 

What I want is someone to take it over.  Take my notes, recruit a team, and make a great game.  The notes are very easy to follow, and the logistics of every puzzle are explicitly laid out.  Even alternative routes are laid out.  I.e. if you don't feed the dog the sandwich, what happens.  All that needs to be done is the legwork. 

Hope everybody understands what I need.  Thanks for your time.

Cinfa

HI all. I'm recompiling my Roccio 's Quest with the new AGS version.
After a night fighting with script (dialogs aren't blocking anymore... ARRRGH) it should be fixed now.

I tried the game on my XP, and install/uninstall cycle works fine.

I need someone with Vista to test the installer: it should register/unregister the game, delete saved games AND screenshots when uninstalling. Please check if the big icon works (it's ugly, but it's just a placeholder).
A test with a 98 should be useful as well.

PM me and I'll give you the link where to download it.
Thanks a lot guys!

------

I need help to translate my game "Quiero Morir" from Spanish to English. I started to translate the game but I'm not happy with my translation. If you want to help me, please, send me a private message.

Thanks!

Emily_Konichi

Ok, so, I have been thinking about a possible remake to Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders, which is an old game made for the Commodore64 and the IBM. I know that there is the "Zak McKracken FM Towns" game out there, which is a 256 color remake. I honestly don't truly know if I can make the game better in any way or not, but I figured "Why not? It would be fun." I do know that the remake will have a different interface, but other then that, I'm not 100% sure of what changes will be made, but be sure that I will try to find some kind of changes I can make to extend the game, enhance puzzles, and so forth.

Summary

Zak McKracken was a normal hack writer working at the National Inquisitor, when he had a strange dream one night. He struggled at its meaning, wondering what a blue alien, an odd device with three crystals, and the most beautiful woman he had ever seen all had in common. His boss had just sent him to Seattle to check on a two-headed squirrel that had been attacking campers there. Little did he know, he would begin an adventure to fight the Caponians and stop them and their Mindbender from taking over the world.

Characters

Zak McKracken - A two-bit tabloid reporter, lonely and generally
miserable.  He aspires to write wonderful works of literature and win a
Pulitzer and find a lovely lady to share his life with.  A strange
dream suddenly turns his life around.

Annie Larris - A great historian, but a little on the snooty side.  She
is searching for artifacts she also had a dream about.

Melissa China (green space suit, black hair) - One of the coeds in
space.  She and Leslie were given dreams that told them how to convert
their van into a space shuttle and to blast off to Mars and wait for
instructions.  So they went and now they're waiting. 

Leslie Bennett (pink space suit, blond hair) - The more adventurous of
the two coeds.  She also received a strange dream but she is a little
disappointed by Mars at first.

So...what I am mostly looking for is artists right now...if anyone can do sprites that would be great...I have tried ripping them myself, but it didn't work...plus, I'm trying to remake the game, so it would only make sense to use new images, right? Anyway, that's the basic plan...I need people who can draw the characters, items, and so forth...I hope to get this game off the ground, mainly since I haven't been able to get any other game off the ground due to lack of graphics. So, the question now becomes: Anyone willing to help?

DazJ

SERIOUS ARTISTS & VOICE ACTORS REQUIRED FOR SERIOUS GAME PROJECT

"FALLEN LEGEND"

Synopsis:
After the death of his wife, Gary Hollows takes a vacation to Greece to escape the pain and loss. He chooses Kam Island in Greece - a small, quiet island not over-populated by tourists but deep in Greek mythology.

Gary befriends a local girl, Steph Golding, on the minute Greek island. On the first night of the holiday, Gary and Steph are thrown into a mystery of epic proportions when a local girl disappears whilst swimming off the coast.

Legend has it that an island two miles away holds many dark secrets. What's even more interesting is that this island isn't on any map.

Details:
- Thriller/Horror/Adventure/Mystery
- Gary is British
- This 'other' island is to basically be a main character in the game and should be visible in most background art on Kam Island
- Steph, although a local girl, is infact from America
- The mysterious island is called 'Thanatos', meaning 'DEATH' in Greek

Jobs On Offer/Requirements:
- I need background artists who can either create realistic looking, moody backgrounds in either ink, pixels or 3D. Broken Sword-style artwork is fine.
- I need someone who can create character sprites/animation in either ink, pixels or 3D. Again, Broken Sword-style is fine.
- Both Backgrounds and characters MUST be the same medium (either 3D, pixels or ink).
- I need professional-looking backgrounds and characters.
- 640x400 Resolution (or 800x600 if you prefer this)

- I'll also need voice actors for:
  - Gary Hollows (around 35 years old, British, English)
  - Steph Golding (around 25 years old, American)

Remember, this is a serious project so only contact me if you're serious and commited to seeing this project through.

I have a demo of a totally different game here: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?action=detail&id=989

PLEASE PM ME IF YOU'RE INTERESTED.

vertigoaddict

Done, I'm okay.

Cinfa

Quote from: vertigoaddict on Sun 10/02/2008 00:34:53
I DO NOT want to hear that wind or 'Pfft' sound when you speak. Practice makes almost perfect (as no one can be perfect).
Here you can find instructions about making a mic filter, it works pretty well.

m0ds

I'm looking for someone who can create 3D objects & characters and export them into .3DS format (preferably, or DXF or OBJ if that isnt possible) for a first person freeware JP adventure game. I've already got a lot of the objects and stuff but there are a few things still to cover, including; Poser characters, that look like people from the films. 3D buildings from the film, vehicles from the film and dinosaurs. Animation is not entirely necessary but anyone that can animate their objects is a big bonus. If you're interested PM me or email me mark at screen7 dot co dot uk for more details :)

Mari

Ok so I want to make something so people can have customizable backgrounds.. I need advise from programmers.. I know a little bit of programming.. I need some help, I have a few ideas and I want to figure out which would be the most efficient.  Here are some examples of what the backgrounds would look like:

nuksies

I'm making an Indiana Jones game and would like some help making the character sprites (including walk cycle).
If anyone wants to help make the game, could you leave an image of a sprite of Indiana Jones through a PM (personal message).
Thanks  8)

MRollins

Okay, let's try this one more time...

I am looking for a background artist for my game "Jimmy the Misguided Spaceman". This game is sort of a mix between Space Quest and Quest for Glory and will be  done in the Sierra style with a resolution of 640x400. I already have a great sprite artist ("mouthuvmine" here on the forums) and I can send a short little demo of what we have so far with placeholder BG's. I also have a completed game design document.

A little about the game...

We start with Jimmy flying home in his spaceship. As our hero is entering the atmosphere he encounters some strange interference that causes his ship to crash in an unfamiliar part of his home world, Tardash. Thus, the adventure begins. Jimmy starts out simply trying to figure out a way to get home but soon he begins to uncover a sinister plot to control all of the citizens of Tardash.

Jimmy is not your typical hero. He's in it for himself. He's a smart ass. He does what he needs to do to get by.

I have plans for 42 bg's with about half of those being simple forest scenes. Also,  as this is a foreign world there will be ample opportunity for creativity. I have certain ideas for things and I have the land pretty mapped out but nothing is really concrete. The artist will have carte blanche to create the art based on the story and our ideas.

If you are interested please email me at mattrollins@hotmail.com.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk