RAT - 2004-2008

Started by , Fri 28/11/2003 16:52:22

Previous topic - Next topic

dunnoson

I need a background artist for my new game:  CSI:  The Newbie Factor

please send me a pm with examples of your artwork.
currently working on:

I am in the Brainstorming stage.  Also am trying to gather a team.
I am committing to this game.

Thinking about creating another game, NCIS themed.

Dualnames

We need a programmer for the Hitchhiker's Guide of the Galaxy.
Part of the script is finished and the GUI are all implemented.

Pm me or e-mail me here:
justledzep@mail.gr
ledzepforever@gmail.com
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Mosa

Hi guys,
we are fans who want to create a sequel of Day of the tenacle 2.
We work many of years. But we need some drawer!!!
We are german guys.  Here is the HP of our project. www.dott2.org
May you can give us a critic or something like that!

mosa

lacosaweb

We're searching a 2D graphic/painter artist for an humour game called James Peris.

Please, contact me at lacosaweb@gmail.com

There are some screenshots:

Dualnames

Ok we need a musician for Lone Case 3:Showdown. speech is about to be ready and we need someone to work on the music..
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

skuttleman

Quote from: Dualnames on Fri 09/05/2008 09:50:44
Ok we need a musician for Lone Case 3:Showdown. speech is about to be ready and we need someone to work on the music..

What kind of music did you have in mind? I might be able to help. Could you send me a demo of the game so I can get a feel for it?

PokeyFlame

I'm looking to start a team - I've made two games and have a good understanding of scripting.
My first game is pretty basic and my second is not complete but takes about 20 - 30 minutes to complete. The second game has downloaded maps and characters.

I need an artist/s (2d) and if anyone would like to help with music I would be grateful. Background artist, cartoonish or preferably a broken sword style.
Sprite artist, lure of the temptress (basically a Revolution) style

I have a game in plan. Everything has been listed (inventory items, rooms, characters etc.). If anyone wants more details on it or wants to help make it then either send me a PM or an email.
Thanks.
Email: cadburyminieggs@hotmail.com
If anyone can do character art and animations and is looking to get their name in a medium sized game then just ask me. Please contact by email address as I rarely check this account.

fluxmaster

I'm looking for one or more background/sprite artists to work on the graphics for my game Flux World.  My website is http://www.replinemeadowsoftware.com/fluxworld.  If I can get one or more background/sprite artists to work on the game, I will offer the game for sale and split the proceeds with my artists.  If not, I plan to offer the game as shareware with my original graphics.  If you are interested, please send an e-mail to fluxmaster@replinemeadowsoftware.com.

There is a thread in the AGS Games in Production forum with more information about this game.  Someone there suggested that I also post here; I hope that it is okay to do so.
The Fluxmaster

ElTipejoLoco

I probably need tutoring, more than anything, but I would appreciate help as well.

So here we go, my two ideas- one of which is probably more likely to be shot down than the other. I need help with both, in the fields of programming and sprite design. Not so much with story and such, though I would like it if I could think up better titles for these games. Oh well.

CRISS-CROSS
The AGS Crossover Venture

I'd say this one is pretty self explanatory. I've been playing a lot of AGS games, lately, and the stories are swimming around inside my head. Additionally, I'm a big fan of games and animé that involve combining stories together in a logical (or at least entertaining) way. The idea behind this game would be to tie up loose ends that nobody really cares about, all-the-while while something genuinely sinister stirrs behind the light-hearted accomplishments of our hero- some dumb kid who defies the laws of conventional humanity by managing to pull the .exe file of Criss-Cross outside of his computer, and managing to double click on it (despite the fact that he doesn't use a mouse or a cursor to do so).

Story-wise, this is set- the problem, however, is that as a crossover game, I wouldn't feel content if I did it without the game makers' permissions. And that's just a lot of trouble that might not be worth it.

But just for the heck of it, here are some ideas in the shape of title screens:

NOT TO BE
Through the Thoughts of Another

Okay... I'm not happy with the title at all, but I'm even LESS content with some other titles I came up with during brain storming. Anyway. The story behind this game is the journey through the thoughts of a guy who keeps shifting in and out of reality as he starts fighting to maintain his sense of self, all the while coming to the realization that years of holing up his emotions has left him on an apparent one-way trip to alienating himself from absolutely everyone he knows. But is it all really a dream?

I originally intended (and partially, still do) to make this a flash game, mimicking a DS screen, with all interaction located on the bottom screen in the form of buttons, and movement controlled simply by the arrow keys. But, again, I end up unhappy with my art and my action script. So I figure 'well, the same story can easily be told in an adventure game format' (and then I run into an entirely different kind of script issue)... Anyhow.

Here's a mock-up of a screen shot. Since the game is mostly based around dreams and nightmares, many of the puzzles may not initially make sense, and the game may be graphically confusing at times- and since I'm an avid gamer, the requisite "world turns 8-bit" section may be required at one point. What I'm trying to say is that the spites will probably be incredibly varied.

So in the end, the kind of people I'm looking for:

• Tutors I would be very happy to learn how to do things on my own, even if it might become timestaking on my end.
  • Playtesters Not yet, obviously, but in the end, yes, I'll need testers. Though post-release feedback might be just as good.
  • Musicians I don't particularly need musicians- I believe it might be possible to create an entertaining game without a soundtrack... but I wouldn't mind.
  • Background Artists I'm not very confident in my own.
  • Spriters/Sprite Animators Sure, I can work Photoshop and Flash easily. But once it comes down to make pixels do the same things that I can get something drawn in a tablet to do, it sort of turns into an entirely different story.
  • Coders "Help, I installed a module and now my games are looking for files EVERYWHERE and won't run arrrgh," you get the drill. I'm a threat to myself.
  • Titlers This is kind of a joke. But seriously, I don't like my title ideas.

I'll edit this later, because I ended up making it far too long. Guh. Anyway. Contact me at ElTipejoLoco@gmail.com. It guarantees I'll take notice.

If you are Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw or Alasdair "Ali" Beckett and you want me to take down the title image ideas, please tell me post-haste, and they'll be gone before you know it. Credit for your characters would be accounted for if your consent is given on the project. This only applies to Criss-Cross. Thank you for your time.

Gold Dragon

A Boy....

A Legend...

An ancient prophecy...

A small hope...

to over come grave danger....

A boy with a mysterious past is foretold to be the one to reunite Dragon and Man.... the fist one to be born in over 10,000 years..... and.....The last..... 

The Dragon Knight.

He will over come great obstacles and challenge his wits and courage against many dangers and mysteries. He must save a lost gold dragon fledgling from an evil wizard. Hell bent on destroying all dragons. can this one boy do it? By saving this baby dragon can he rejoin the ties of Dragon and Man... and learn what Fate and Destiny has for them. Only Time and you will know.

Come join us on an epic journey of adventure, mystery, friendship, and Love.

Do you have what it takes to be the last Dragon Knight? Come join us.....

Do I have your attention? Good  ;D  I have a grand Idea for a game. Will it actually get that big? I dunno but I"m am definitely hell bent on trying. With me trying to Write the story... program...Game Design.. Drawing backgrounds, and Drawing characters. I am pulled in every direction at once And with me having 'ADD' to boot. It makes it really difficult to put in the quality time I want into the game with so many different things to work on.

I have a passion for Game Design, Programing and Stories so in those I can do fine in.

What I need is this....

Background artists

Beast and character Concept Art/Artists. (If you can draw Anime style characters, GREAT!! But not required.)

Character Portrait Artists

Animators

An AGS Tutor... (I took C++ basic concepts and object oriented programing in college but that was over 5 years ago and I need brush ups on more effiencent ways of doing things or just how to implement the ideas I have in my head. I"m also unfamiliar as of yet of what AGS can do. But I am quickly Learning)

and eventually a Musician. If your interested GREAT!!  But, I don't have much at this point in time to give you to give you inspiration into and for the game.

************** Game Info  ********************
The game is Drawn in 800/600 Screen Resolution

32 bit True-color

Will feature Sierra With Background type dialogs

Voice Acting(This is WAY WAY in the future But will eventually be needed)

Due Date: ??? there is none.. We get done when we get done. With Real life as a first priority (as always should be) Things get put off or delayed and being a MMOG gamer I understand this. Like all good things in life. 'Anything worth having is worth working for' and 'its also the Journey that is important... not just the Goal.'

This is a fantasy adventure game. So That is my focus. I'm drawing inspiration on this game from Things like... DragonHeart... Eragon...Lord of the Rings... D&D....Legend of Zelda....Final Fantasy....Secret of Mana... Sword of Truth Book Series by Terry Goodkind.....King's Quest Series by Sierra On-Line........

If your a Fan of any of these things or just a lover of Fantasy. Then I want you on my team! I can set up our own forums for us to communicate in. I have MSN... YAHOO.... AIM  instant messengers to communicate with, and I might even be able to get my hands on a TeamSpeak Server for live voice chat for discussions on the game.

If your interested or want to know more information. Send me a Personal Message here or Email me at blueeyes_offire@hotmail.com
Want to see how I am doing and how far I've gotten in my game? Visit my forum  http://www.freepowerboards.com/DragonKnight

space boy

MUSICIAN WANTED
I'm looking for someone to compose a couple of dark ambient drone tracks(7 tracks, about 2 minutes each) for my game PROJECT COOK. If you're interested PM for details and include a sample of your work.

Mosa

Quote from: Mosa on Sun 20/04/2008 02:23:08
Hi guys,
we are fans who want to create a sequel of Day of the tenacle 2.
We work many of years. But we need some drawer!!!
We are german guys.  Here is the HP of our project. www.dott2.org
May you can give us a critic or something like that!

mosa
No interest?

Ovi

I have just downloaded the AGS program and would like to make a fan game set in the LOST (tv show) universe.  It would feature characters, plots and even some dialogue from the series, but would probably star an original character who is also another passenger of Flight 815.  Due to the mysterious nature of the television show the game would not deal with any touchy subjects from the series such as the unanswered questions, theories or unconfirmed details, but would instead focus on the hero's struggles with the 'Others', the content of the DHARMA Hatches, the freighter crew and the smoke monster.

Any other LOST fans and/or individuals who can help me work on a game of this calibur, drop me a PM and we can try to work on something in our free time.

Nikolas

Hello all!

First time posting here.

I would like a bit of help, which should only take a few minutes for anyone to do.

I need various small sfx. Anyone with a microphone can do these.

Imagine you are in a concert hall (classical music, where everything is quiet usually :P). Apart from the music you also get various random sounds here and there. I'm looking for such sounds. A coughing, a snese, some dragging of the feet, a chair squeeking, etc... I hope you know what I mean.

********** Instructions ***********

* You don't need to do any editing. Just make sure the volume is not distorted (too loud, so it "reaches red").

* If you want just click on record and try coughing a few times away from the microphone, closer to the microphone, with a tissue in front of your mouth, with your hand in front, etc.
Sneezing might actually be difficult now that I think about it, unless you can force yourself to sneeze... which I'm not sure is possible.

*No need for stoping and restarting etc. Just make a big nice file and send it over. I mean it shouldn't be more than 1 minute or something, but whatever you want.

* Of course I would prefer a "clean" sound, but I don't think it's really up to you, so don't bother. I can clean it up afterwards. As long as it doesn't distort.

* I would prefer formats of WAV or AIF, but since they are large (1 minute = 10 MB) either compress them in a zip/rar folder, or make them into ogg or mp3 but high quality please. Remember any distortion, either from the gain (too loud sound), or from lousy compression will render the sound almost unusable... hissing is curable, distortion, not.

Sounds to try:
i. coughing
ii. sneezing
iii. low wisper
iv. dragging of feet
v. dragging of chair
vi. if you have any door that squeeks and you can record it, by all means.
vii. anything else that comes in mind. Even random sounds (by accident), might come in handy

I really don't want anyone bothering more than a few minutes. It's not anything important individually, but all together could make a big help for me (and possibly others). After I'm done with editing, cleaning, etc, I'll post the results in a nice RAR folder for anyone to use. This is, at this time for my PhD, so no money involved, but of course I (and everyone else in the community) will be able to use them whenever they want really...

You can PM me to send me the files, or e-mail me at nikolasideris@yahoo.gr, or nikolasideris@hotmail.com .

If you need to upload a larger file somewhere you can use yousendit.com or rapidshare.com... and send me the link.

Thank you,

Nikolas

Gepard

Hi there. Im currently working on an adventure game called Evil Pact and I need some pictures (+-5) to be done for the intro. The game main character is a bit similar to the Thief (eidos game). If you are interested, please let me know at: lantis@centrum.cz

I will send you a demo if you want and a description of the images I need.

Thank you very much :f)

PS: Your name will of course appear in the game credits :f )
Drink up me 'arties! Yo ho!

radiowaves

Help with programming needed!

I have several projects on hand, but you would need to help me out with only one of them. I will provide all the graphics and need an experienced AGS programmer so I could concentrate on graphics. My portfolio is: http://www.clicksandbleeps.com/pixels.html

The programmer must be familiar with the AGS programming environment, while most of the stuff would just be marking hotspots etc, there are quite some non standard things to make. I let you choose which project you like the most, currently I have two, which some of the graphics have already been provided by me, and one in starting position. I'd just like to finish one of them and I find the best way to do it is to have some help with the programming so I can be sure that my stuff gets implemented into a game and can work full time on it.

You won't be required to work full time since obviously I can't pay you. But you have to have enough time to put some effort into the project. Hopefully we can make a good team, work together on puzzles and storylines and finish the stuff when needed.

If you are interested, drop me a PM or e-mail taavi.viikman@gmail.com
I am just a shallow stereotype, so you should take into consideration that my opinion has no great value to you.

Tracks

loontje

For my game I'm looking for the following people:

- a pixel artist to help me with backgrounds and animations

- a co-writer/proofreader

- a musician

If you're interrested please PM me or send me an e-mail at ilonapeters83@hotmail.com

skuttleman

I can't draw. Don't believe me? Here's proof:

exhibit A and exhibit B
(These took me several days each for the backgrounds, and the characters went through about a dozen or so revisions to make them look that good... I'm not exaggerating)

Are the graphics passable? Probably, but I don't want to make a passable game, I want to make a GREAT game (I'll settle for really, really good). This means I'm going to need one or more artists (for background art, character art, inventory, objects, the works). I'm really hoping to find artist(s) that want to bring a personality and style to the game.

Here's the production thread, for details on the story: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=34338.0

If you're serious about being involved in making a game that you can be proud of, please PM me.

DazJ

SERIOUS ARTISTS & VOICE ACTORS REQUIRED FOR SERIOUS GAME PROJECT

"FALLEN LEGEND"

Synopsis:

After the death of his wife, Gary Hollows takes a vacation to Greece to escape the pain and loss. He chooses Kam Island in Greece - a small, quiet island not over-populated by tourists but deep in Greek mythology.

Gary befriends a local girl, Steph Golding, on the minute Greek island. On the first night of the holiday, Gary and Steph are thrown into a mystery of epic proportions when a local girl disappears whilst swimming off the coast.

Legend has it that an island two miles away holds many dark secrets. What's even more interesting is that this island isn't on any map.

Details:

- Thriller/Horror/Adventure/Mystery
- Gary is British
- This 'other' island is to basically be a main character in the game and should be visible in most background art on Kam Island
- Steph, although a local girl, is infact from America
- The mysterious island is called 'Thanatos', meaning 'DEATH' in Greek

Jobs On Offer/Requirements:

- I need background artists who can either create realistic looking, moody backgrounds in either ink, pixels or 3D. Broken Sword-style artwork is fine.
- I need someone who can create character sprites/animation in either ink, pixels or 3D. Again, Broken Sword-style is fine.
- Both Backgrounds and characters MUST be the same medium (either 3D, pixels or ink).
- I need professional-looking backgrounds and characters.
- 640x400 Resolution (or 800x600 if you prefer this)

- I'll also need voice actors for:

- Gary Hollows (around 35 years old, British, English)
  - Steph Golding (around 25 years old, American)

Remember, this is a serious project so only contact me if you're serious and commited to seeing this project through.

We have a playable demo here: http://www.gamejelly.net/FL_Demo_v1.zip

PLEASE PM ME IF YOU'RE INTERESTED.

Visit the official Gamejelly website - www.gamejelly.net

Buckethead

I'm looking for a few (1 or 2... maybe 3) BETA testers for my game

Craft Of Evil

You can find more info about the game in this thread:
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=34076.msg443670#msg443670

The game is relatively short so won't absorb too much of your time.

here's a screenshot to get you interested  ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk