RAT - 2004-2008

Started by , Fri 28/11/2003 16:52:22

Previous topic - Next topic

darkcodemonkey

***NOTE: Spoiler below, so unless you are truly serious in wanting to help, shield your eyes and scroll past it.

I need
Background Designer(s)
Character Designer(s)
**3D Animator(s): for video sequences
Composer(s)
Programmer(s): for the AGS script language
Writers
SFX Person
and eventually voice actors to play the parts

**I would like a separate 3D animator for the logo animation that will be used for this and the rest of our games.
Note that this is going to be a point and click adventure game that will be done in AGS. If anyone can think of more things that I need to add to this list (and I know I need more) then post it at the forums under Help Needed. If we could, I would like to have this graphically look like MI3. Thanks

What I have of the script is @
***SPOILER
http://www.freewebs.com/solarsoft/The%20Curse%20of%20Crossbone%20Island.txt

Quick Synopsis:

Skully (the main character, who is an old washed up pirate) ends up getting trapped on Crossbone Island after Commander Johnston (at first friend and soon villain) fools Skully and pulls a gun on him. When the Commander leaves the ship, it crashes into the rocks on the shore. Skully then has to travel the Island in search of the lost treasure of Black Beard. Eventually, the two are standing on a cliff, the Commander swearing that he has found the treasure. The Commander eventually falls off the cliff and dies. Skully ends up finding the lost treasure and escaping from the island, game over.

That was the quickest way I could summarize without getting into super detail, so yes it might be bad, but it is short sweet and to the point.
***END SPOILER

For anyone who wishes to help, I thank you for your efforts.
Note that the script is only a working progress to give people an idea as to how it will begin.

Ryan Timothy B

I'm in desperate need of someone to compose some music for my MAGS game.
Since this months theme for MAGS is 'Evil', I'm hoping for a couple looping midi tracks with a low, dark catchy beat.
If you're interested, give me a shout via PM.  I'll show you the current backgrounds, tell you what's going on in the game, and then you can figure out if this is the job for you. (I don't want to spoil the game too much by showing the backgrounds in here, since there will only be 5 backgrounds)

The competition ends on June 25, so I'm hoping to find someone before then.

Competition is now over.  Also Thanks to Domithan for creating some music for me.

PokeyFlame

I've started work on a game called:
Murder in the Manor.

Story:
A guest to Lord Farrow's party arrives late to find police cars parked outside. When he enters he discovers that Lord Farrow has been murdered and the murderer is still there because nobody has left since the discovery. The guest, Leigh Hawk, is determined to find out who killed his best friend.

I can do the background art (below) but if someone is interested and feels that they can beat my backgrounds then please tell me.

Really, if you're interested in this game and can do (or either):-
- Create characters and animations (There is a fight scene in the game btw)
- Better backgrounds than the ones below
- Any other type of art although I'm pretty OK on my own

The Ground Floor Hallway:-

The Dining Room:-

Also:

I am planning a much larger and global game called Hotel Dementia which is about a treasure hunter, Jake Hull, who wants to reach the last treasure of King Tutankhamun before his rival does.

If you want more information on either of these games then please PM me or email me at cadburyminieggs@hotmail.com. I also have MSN so feel free to add me.
If anyone can do character art and animations and is looking to get their name in a medium sized game then just ask me. Please contact by email address as I rarely check this account.

Dualnames

I need some playtesters(you just play the game not test it), for the Hitchhiker's Guide to The Galaxy.

If anyone's interested please do pm me or email me here:justledzep@mail.gr
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

m0ds

I'm looking for a couple of beta-testers to play my game Crystal Cursor & give me feedback on any major errors experienced when playing. Main tasks are simply to check the following character sections are working, and that there are no errors returning to previous locations etc. I will need you to make sure the simple puzzles are all working correctly too. You will not be asked to comment on writing/spelling.

If you're interested please PM me, and I will send the game as soon as it's nearly complete. The game itself is about 70% fully complete & spans 35 rooms. I have 5 or so rooms left to finish including a couple of major puzzles, and then it's simply a matter of filling out the rest of the game. So I'd be ready to send it when its about 90% done. Let me know :)

hralman

Hi there,

Although I've been a long-time fan of classic adventure games and I've made a few tries to create something of my own now and then, I never actually finished a project either because of lack of time or because I was never much of an artist to create my own backgrounds, characters, etc. But since I've always been the creative type of guy that always wants to devote his time to creating stuff, like games, I searched the internet and fell on Adventure Game Studio. I downloaded and messed with it a little, and it looks like the perfect tool for what I always had in mind. Although it's a little early to post here looking for crew, all I wanted was some suggestions from anyone interested.

From the next season on (meaning after September 2008), I am willing to find some time to devote on making my own game. Hence, I will be looking for people to work with. Anything from programmers, sound designers, people with good ideas for a story, and especially an artist since I'm no good in drawing. I guess my place in the project would be programming through the AGS, but I'm also letting you know that I don't know scripting. Furthermore, since my time is always a bit stressed because of working and many activities, you should also consider that what I have in mind is not a time-pressing project that "must be released by next month". I'm looking for nice and creative people to make a project with just for the sake of it, while enjoying the process as much as possible.

I'm open to any suggestions. Thanks in advance for your time!
You can contact me at swat4toc@yahoo.gr

pablomiguel

I'm new to AGS and the forums, so I hope this is the right place for this. I discovered AGS recently, and would like to try converting a 'play-by-email' game I'm hosting into an AGS game. The basic plot is obviously already done, but I'd need help with:

AGS in general (tutoring/guidance)
Character/background graphics and animation
Music and sound
Titles/Cutscenes
Plot/gameplay input would be appreciated.

Basically everything. But this will be my first game, so I'll be learning along the way. Story will be scifi, like Space Quest but perhaps a touch more serious, and maybe a little shorter. The name of the game will probably be Ebon Night.

Please contact me via PM. Or you can find me on MSN (porliheddAThotmailDOTcom).

Makeout Patrol

I'm looking for beta testers for a game called "The Vacuum," which will be coming out shortly; it's already been pretty thoroughly tested, but I want some other people to comb through it and find what I may have missed. The game has a thread here, so take a peek and please PM me if you're interested.

yarooze

I'm looking for voice actors for my game "Necroquest"

If you want to try, please:

1. Play the game
2. choose the character you want to play.
3. make a sample audio file to show me how do you want to speak for this character (something from the game)
4. send (PM) it to me...  ;)

here is the game:
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=35070.msg459142#msg459142

My Blog

Play_Pretend

EDIT 08/03/08: We found our guy, thanks to everybody who offered! :)

Akatosh

Hi people. I still need some beta and balance testers for my MAGS entry, and, um, urgently. If you're willing to try a small non-pretentious (but hopefully funny) platformer, just drop me a PM. Thank you for your attention.

------

-

WHAM

Looking for 2-5 Voice actors

Male only (sorry girls), english speaking people(can have accent, jus as long as you speak medium-good  or better english). If you have a funny voice, it doesn't matter. I want the voices of real people, not machines!

Description: Need 5-25 lines per person, mostly military-ish radio chatter in the line of "Tango-four, this is Foxtrot Six-eight, do you copy, over?" This will be used as a part of an audio trailer for my next game, the Infection - Ep II - The station. If you are interested, a part here may mean a part in the final game, where you may have a lot more lines if you are interested.

PM me for more information.

All places filled for now. Thanks!
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Akatosh

Hello again. As you may or may not know, there's a competition running over at TIGSource right now with the theme of "bootleg demakes". A forum user by the name of BaronCid and I am working on something right now: a 2D-version of Mirror's Edge.

(mockup)

Together, we've got nearly everything covered - game design, writing, scripting, music etc. There's only one thing we lack: a lo-res pixel artist. So far, BaronCid has done all the graphics and the results are not even bad for somebody who hasn't really done that before... but it takes him an unhealthy amount of time and motivation. So we're looking for:

► either a talented pixel artist who would be willing to do the job all by themselves (fat chance  :P)

or

an experienced "backup artist" who'll collaborate with BaronCid and help him by reducing the amount of work to an acceptable size.

That's it. Thank you for your attention. If there's anything else you'd like to know, just PM me and I'll rip your head off be happy to answer your questions. :)

Looking forward to hear from you,
~ Akatosh

WHAM

Looking for assistance

I'm looking for a person who has some experience with AGS and GUI's. I'm hoping to create/learn to create my own GUI, but have run out of skills. Therefore I need someone willing to help with creating a GUI, by answering silly questions and giving new ideas on how to accomplish my goals or create a working base for the GUI (with comments to help me understand its function) to expand on.

It's nothing too flashy or complicated (I hope), I just dont want to be starting a new thread in the Beginners technical questions area...

PM me if you're the least bit interested.
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

ElaineMc

Modern setting, alternate universe, roughly 10 years post-zombie-apocalypse; game is first person (in this section).

Hoping for commentary on:

- General playability. Are hotspots easy to spot, are the fonts readable, are there unexpected slowdowns, etc?
- Internal consistency. Do events seem to follow a reasonably logical pattern?
- Bugs. My code seems to be working well. This makes me suspicious. There are three "mid-game" endings available. Did they all fire? Are GUIs appearing where they shouldn't, or failing to appear when they're needed?
- Overall tone and feel. Is the writing too heavy-handed, or too vague? Is the exposition handed out too heavily?

Thanks for reading!
1. Never make unnecessary noise.
2. Never use unnecessary light.
3. Never expect a rescue.
Outrider - Zombies exist. Deal with them.

AntmanJB

Hi all, I need someone to script some minigames for me.
Here is the first (it's the only one I've got yet):

What I want to do is not actually run a separate mini-game, but simply have a room with objects and stuff which will be the game.

To be precise, it's going to be part of some mysterious machinery and so you'll need to solve the puzzles to start up the machine's actions. What I want to do is this:
- Have a grid around 7x7, where the whole picture has to be lots of lines connected through a central power tile. All you do is rotate the tiles until the ends match.
- When a tile is connected to the power supply, I want them to light up, whether it's the correct extension or not.

I realise this sounds very confusing, but for a 100% perfect illustration play this game:
http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/puzzles/netgame.exe

So basically I want to do exactly what that game does.

I now work full time ( :() so I don't have much time to work on my wonderful game.

I was wondering if there's anyone who would be willing to script the whole minigame for me? I will definitely give a credit in the game, and if there's anything else you want I'll see what I can do (no money I'm afraid!). There will be a couple more minigames after this one.
Anyone who wants the challenge, go right ahead!

As for my game story, you are an explorer and you crash land your plane on a mysterious island and have to discover the secrets. I don't want to give anything away but think of games like Montezuma's Return, Entombed and Myst.

I'd post a screenshot but don't know how to link to an image on my computer.

AntmanJB

Edit: OlafMoriarty has said he'd help me. If anything changes I'll update this.
"Marge, it takes two to lie. One to lie, and one to listen."

Play_Pretend

Hey all!  Our production of Damsel has gone so swimmingly, we've decided to do a voice cast for it, too.  All the spoken lines have been written and finalized, so while we finish up the rest of the animations we'd like to cast voice actors to start work immediately.  It's a short game, so we're hoping to have it all recorded within a couple weeks, but we can wait for quality's sake. :)  To see the details of parts available, please visit our thread at:

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=35338.msg463753#msg463753

Hope to hear from you, thanks!

FinalSin

Hello, everyone.

Artist Required

The Blue Casket team is coming to the end of their first game, a small, high-concept comedy game that we're confident is going to entertain and enthral. We're going for a graphics-minimal approach, because none of us are established artists, but we do need some visual content, and... this is where you come in? Quite possibly!

We will be needing approximately thirty drawn scenes, all in the same setting (a background with two static characters) but with the character's poses and expressions slightly changed. The resolution is 640x480, and we'd ideally love to see some previous work of yours.

We're very excited about this project, and there are more to follow it. There aren't any screenshots to show, because it's all alpha material visually simply because we have no artists, but get in touch with us if you're interested and we'd be happy to let you know a little more about our project.

Many thanks! Contact me at finalsin7 AT gmail DOT THE COM.
The Blue Casket

vertigoaddict

I require an animator who's reasonably quick to help me complete the rest of the animations for project hecka.

E-mail me at:

yaoifreak@hotmail.com

the game is in 320x200, so sprites are reasonably small.

thank you

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk