Leisure Suit Larry 1 versions

Started by arj0n, Fri 10/08/2012 09:34:51

Previous topic - Next topic

arj0n

Sierra On-Line Inc. did often release more then one edition of their classic adventure games like KQ and LSL.

I own two editions of King's Quest 1, 2 and 3: SRL-109 (1st edition) and SRL-117 (2nd edition).
Don't know if KQ4 and up does have more then 1 edition.

Now I noticed that they seem to have released more then 1 edition of Leisure Suit Larry 1 (in the Land of the Lounge Lizards, the original not the remake).

The version I own has "SRL-117" on the info sticker. But there seems to be another one around with the number "LSS-101".

Now, there must be other retro games collectors around here, so I'd like to ask you:
* Can you please check your boxed original LSL1 versions and tell me what number is printed on the info sticker at the front of the box?
* and, are there also more then 1 edition of LSL 2, 3 and 5 and King's Quest 4 and 5?

Thanx!

AGA

While I have originals of many Sierra games, I don't have access to them currently to check.  However, perhaps the country the edition was published in affects the numbering?

Gilbert

agentbauer

There are 2 Editions of KQ 4, one in AGI, looks like KQ 1-3 and one in SCI 0, looks like PQ 2 and SQ 3.
Roger Wilco Rules
NEW HOMEPAGE: http://spacequestiv5.pytalhost.at
Space Quest IV.5 Version 3.00 is finally done, check it out:
http://www.bigbluecup.com/yabb/index.php?topic=40735.msg538357;boardseen#new

Gilbert

Quote from: agentbauer on Fri 10/08/2012 15:31:59
There are 2 Editions of KQ 4, one in AGI.

Not only that, if you clicked my link above you'll see that were in fact two SCI versions of this game, with visible difference.

I think versions using different engines and platforms shouldn't count, as there will be too many.
(For example, there're actually many versions of the original KQ1 for the PC (i.e. not the SCI or the AGS remakes), like booter version and real AGI version, etc. Also, many later games came in CD and Disk versions, and for KQ5, there was a disk version for VGA, a disk version for EGA and a CD version).

AGA

I get the impression that by "editions" he actually means more like publication runs of a novel, rather than 'AGI version', 'SCI1 version' and so on.

Radiant

Ah, but do you own the boot-from-floppy version of KQ1 (and KQ2), the one that visibly draws each screen when you enter, and that has ambient sound effects?

Aside from that, for several AGI Sierra games I know of versions with more or with less debug options, and with or without the pulldown menus.

arj0n

Quote from: AGA on Fri 10/08/2012 15:54:53
I get the impression that by "editions" he actually means more like publication runs of a novel, rather than 'AGI version', 'SCI1 version' and so on.
I try to see what versions/editions are released because I can't find a source on the web for this info.

Quote from: Radiant on Sat 11/08/2012 10:11:24
Ah, but do you own the boot-from-floppy version of KQ1 (and KQ2), the one that visibly draws each screen when you enter, and that has ambient sound effects?
Is that a PC-Booter version?

Aside from that, for several AGI Sierra games I know of versions with more or with less debug options, and with or without the pulldown menus.
True, so there must be quite some editions/versions released for the PC.

Radiant

Quote from: Arj0n on Sat 11/08/2012 13:06:47
Is that a PC-Booter version?
Yes. One of the first adventure games I've played.

Most Sierra games respond to a "version" command, or control-V, or a menu option somewhere. I'm sure there's minor differences between them.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk