Offer Your Services - 2004 to 2011

Started by , Wed 21/04/2004 00:05:24

Previous topic - Next topic

m0ds

Please use this thread to offer your services, whether they are free or commercial - to other users. Please, only services relating to the development of AGS games are welcome.

For example:

Tutoring
If you are happy to help other people with learning AGS, scripting or even perhaps just game design related issues.

Playtesting
If you are happy to help beta-test or do any other form of testing for someone's project.

Speech/Talkie Recording
If you are willing to create speech files or do voice acting for a talkie game.

Music
If you are happy to make music for other peoples projects.

Background Art
If you are a background artist who is willing to help with or create backgrounds for projects.

Character Art
If you are happy to make character art, (not including animation).

Animation / Character Animation
If you are happy to make character animation or general animations.

Proof Reading
If you are happy to proof read someone's script, dialogues etc.

Coding / Scripting
If you are happy to help with scripting/coding.

Story Design
If you are happy to help with story and/or general design of the game.

Web Design
If you are happy to help design or create web-sites.

PLEASE include in your posts (within this thread) a direct link to your PM or your email address, or another valid form of contact to you. Please do not ask for people to reply within this thread to your offers.

Good luck!

:)
m0ds

m0ds

You are welcome to get in touch with me about music. Previous titles include Trilby's Notes, Nelly Cootalot, Danny Dread Is On Call and The Adventures of Fatman.

I can be contacted via PM or email at; mark at screen7.co.uk

:)

Candle

Willing to  Beta test  games .  
My system is a celeron 900 with 512 of ram  NVdia video card  with 128 megs of ram .
Can PM me for email address or link to game to test for you .

LordHart

Playtesting - I am willing to Playtest, and have a few different machines to do it with, including a P1-100, P2-350, and then some P3's and P4's.

Background Artist - I've done a few backgrounds for a few things, and I am willing to do work on any projects. I prefer more cartoonish style's than realistic though.

Proofreading - I aers teh geratest spaller evar! ;D

Scripting / Coding - Although I am not the greatest scripter in the world, I am learning quite fast and things are becoming easier for me as the days past. I am available for scripting anytime.

Game Design / Writer - I have a very active imagination, and can come up with very interesting ideas, especially for comedies and for very dark stories.

Web Design - For the last few years, I had taught myself HTML and use of programs from Dreamweaver, Arachnophilia, HTML-Kit, and Notepad. I am currently studying in a Cert 4 Web Design course at a NSW TAFE in Australia.

lordhart@tdrdesign.net | Website

modgeulator

Music
Looking to do some music for games. Composed music for Razors In The Night, currently writing music for Shadowplay. I'm also studying a diploma in music (technical production) at the moment.
I've recently written a plugin for AGS that allows me to create interactive soundtracks, similar to what you would hear in the classic LucasArts games with their iMUSE system.

mintman

Well, I'm pretty new here, but I can probably still help out a bit here.

- Scripting - I've been writing code in several languages, from C to ASM. Although my knowledge of AGS scripting isn't infinite, through my knowledge of the syntax of other languages, I can improvise.
- Proofreading - English is definitely one of my fortés. I have an easy job finding mistakes with grammar, spelling, and everything in between... even though there isn't much there. (Also, I think I understand French well enough to work out a translation for a game if one is needed.)
- Website Design - I understand HTML pretty well, along with PHP and MySQL for more advanced sites.
- Voice Acting - Although I've never actually voiced for a game, I'd be more than willing to try.
- Game Testing - Yup... 1.4 GHz machine with a Radeon 8500 to test AGS games

rtf

I have a very sexy voice   8) Hahaha.  Seriously, if your game has a 13-16 year old in it, PM me. (Yeah yeah, I can get my voice pretty low  ;) )

Not to tootle meh own horn, but I am pretty good learner and teacher.  If you need some help starting AGS, PM me, or give me your AIM, or whatever.

I know games, I know AGS, and I know what I like, but most importantly, I know what the general public wants.  I can help you out.

I am the worst animator on the planet, but I can do some funny character art.  If you want to have a serious or scare game, though, keep looking.  I specialize in two things:

-Big Eyes
     -Big Noses

For an example of my work, look at my avatar!  Yay!

guitardude10293@cox.net
I fail at art.

Gravity

Message deleted.

Radiant

Coding / Scripting
At the risk of sounding like a braggart, I'm a skilled programmer in C++, AGS and a bunch of other languages and have created and finished three full-length games in the past (none of them are adventures, though; see the webpage in my sig if you're curious).
Anyway if you need a programmer for your project please drop me a line.

Story and Puzzle Design
I love this part (then again, don't most people?). I've been running roleplaying games as master/storyteller for eleven years (D&D, Whitewolf, Amber Diceless and a homebrew system) and have extensive knowledge of mythology and fantasy literature. My main interest lies in fantasy worlds, from high fantasy to dark, or modern world with a magical or horror twist to it (i.e. world of darkness).

Playtesting
People who've read the AGS beta thread may have noticed my tendency to find obscure bugs :) if you have an interesting beta I'd be happy to give it a try. Again my main interest is in fantasy games; if you have a scifi or cop game I'd prefer you asked someone else.

Maybe there should be one more icon in this thread, for translating.
I could do a Dutch translation (that's my native language, after all) but that really depends on how large the game is and how much time I have.

And for certain fourteen-year-old newbies, maybe we could add an icon for pretending to be everybody's boss and taking the credit? :P

To send me a private message, click here!

DragonRose

Yes, these are all in my signature, but I can elaborate here.
- Believe it or not, I LOVE proof reading.  My mom is a professional writer, and I've been proofreading and editing her work for the past three years.  I'm also an English major with a shelf-load of style manuals- if I don't know how something should be written, I can always look it up.

- I don't have much experience with playtesting (read: none) but I think it would be something I'd be good at. That and I'd have an excuse to play more games.

-I'm a bit more picky about story design than I am about the other two.  I'm not going to help you write your game, I've got my own writing projects.  I will, however, help with plot problems and I'll look over game design documents for plot holes.  I'm annoyingly good at finding those.

I can be contacted either by PM or e-mail at dragonrose_1 at yahoo dot com. Take that, spam bots!
Sssshhhh!!! No sex please, we're British!!- Pumaman

Farsight

Playtesting: I have a P2 Laptop and have tested a few AGS games.
Proof Reading: I have a understanding in Proof Reading and have pointed out and helped other AGS users with spelling.
Scripting/Coding:[/color] I have a good understanding of AGS scripting language and have used it alot to create good games.
Story Design:[/color] I have a wild imagination and can think up some really great plots.

PM me or email me at hoshmush@hotmail.com
Guess who's back??

Karimi

Playtesting
I've got a Pentium 4 3.06 GHz, 1 GB Ram , and a 256 MB Geforce Fx. I believe im qualified for play testing.

Character Art
I like making character art and bringing creatures to life , my style is pretty much a sort of cell-shaded sort of approach.

Proof Reading
I have a pretty good grasp of the English language and i read a good number of books every once in a while , i don't mind proof reading scripts.

Story Design
I think im a very creative person , i haven't really made games with my scripts . For now its mostly reviewing the stories written , making suggestions and pointing out the errors.

Pm me or send me an email at a_karimi@hotmail.com

Migs

Web Design: I'm at least a half-decent web designer. Unfortunately, I may not have the time to make an entire web site for you (depends on what you want to do), but I can always give you some useful pointers on your HTML skills, or tell you how to implement PHP or MySQL in your site.
Proof Reading: I'm a professional technical writer, and can help you proofread your game. My Englisch skils are exmplaree and I spell reel goud.!!!!!
This signature intentionally left blank.

Ginny

Tutoring
I am happy to help people with AGS and scritping problems, aswell as game design sometimes.
If there is something that isn't clear to you, hopefully I can explain it, and if you need to fix a bug in a script, I can sometimes help (no garauntees though). As long as you speak english (or hebrew ;)) and have at least a basic understanding of computers, I'd be glad to tutor :).

Coding / Scripting
I sometimes feel like I spend so much time trying to finish at least my main character artwork first, that I begin to miss scripting. I find inventive scripting enjoyable, and if I am to be scripting your game, expect suggestions on how to improve puzzles and stuff ;). Of course if you don't agree with my suggestions that's fine by me.
I am willing to help with small scripting issues and short games mostly all the time, but if it's a large project I want to be sure it'll be finished (artwork etc I mean ;)) and wether or not the idea appeals to me (most ideas do :)).

Story Design
I am currently helping someone with puzzle design and general plot discussion. I really like talking to people about their game, and discussing ideas. I bring sometimes complicated ideas, but can simplify things. I believe I think inventively and have original ideas and ways of implementing features that players will enjoy.

If you are looking for a story from scratch, I don't always get ideas (especcially good ones), but I can try. I enjoy the whole proccess very much. Except for making up names. I suck at names. :P

You can contact me via PM, email ( natalye @ netvision.co.il ), Icq (102269515), MSN messanger (same as my e-mail), or Yahoo messanger (perhaps tell me in pm first so that I actually remember to log onto it - ginny30303 @ yahoo.com). :)
Try Not to Breathe - coming sooner or later!

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later, we push up flowers. - Membrillo, Grim Fandango coroner

Lazy Z

Playtesting:
I've an AMD Athlon XP 1700 with 256MB of RAM, and a lot of free time!

Proof Reading:
I like proof reading, believe it or not. And I'd like to think that my grasp of the English language is quite decent.

Story Design:
I'm a fairly creative person, with a lot of ideas, especially with stories that deal with the supernatural. I'm also quite good with dialogs.  

My email is angelusgr (at) wildmail (dot) com
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves did gyre and gimble in the wabe. All mimsy were the borogroves and the mome raths outgrabe.'

Top-5 Games

PeaceMan

Playtesting
AMD Athlon 2400XP, 1024MB RAM, 256MB, ATi Radeon 9700, gaming rig built by yours truly. :)

Although I can only test anything under 10mb, cause I'm on dial up. (If your game is large try to use WinACE to compress it. You get a much smaller archive size. :))

Proof Reading
Can correct nearly all spelling mistakes and a few grammatical.

Send me a PM if you want help with either.

Darth Mandarb

Tutoring
I am willing to help out in anyway needed, time permitting.  I don't want to do everything for you, but steer you towards understanding so you can do it for yourself.  Which should be the point

Playtesting
I love testing games!  I'm not the best Adventure Game player, but I'm great at finding things that don't work well!  (I have a P4 2.8 ghz with 512 mb RAM w/ an NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4200 with 128 mb VRAM)

Background Art
I don't want to make all your backgrounds for you, but I'm more than willing to help out with them.  Give pointers,suggestions, critisism, etc.

Character Art
Same as above, I don't want to make your characters for you, just help out with them after you've made an effort!

Character Animation
I like making animations.  I am willing to help out fully in this department.  However, I'm usually pretty busy and this is a time consuming task!  So I'll only take it on if I have enough time to dedicate.  That seems fair

Proof Reading
My mother is an English teacher and I grew up constantly getting my speech corrected (as well as things I had written.)  So I'm a decent proof-reader.  Also, if English isn't your primary language I can help make it 'flow' better.

Coding/Scripting
This is my weakest point in AGS, but I'm getting better and better as time goes on.  I have a fairly decent grasp of the scripting language in AGS, but I also know my limitations.  But feel free to ask!

Story Design
I love (LOVE) writing stories.  I've always got 10 ideas floating in my head for a story, screenplay, game, plot, etc.  You get the point.  I am pretty good at picking a story apart and finding plot-holes, errors, gaps, etc. (if there are any!)

Website Design
Ahh ... my true passion!  I own my own web design company and this is what I do for a career (now at least).  I have done sites for a few AGSers and love helping out when/if I can.  This falls under the 'If I have enough time' clause as with animation.  It can be a lengthy process!

Contact Information:
E-Mail :
PM: Send Darth Mandarb a PM

[color=000055]NOTE: the e-mail address above is an image.  This avoids spam bots snagging my e-mail address, sorry for the inconvience of having to type it yourself![/color]

Duzz

Tutoring
I'd be happy to get a little mentor-mentee relationship going.  I have a good knowledge of AGS and game development type issues.

Playtesting
I've read (as every beta tester should do ;) ) the beta testing article at A and I'll test your game, and tell you everything that's wrong with it.  I'll take a producers role if you'd like, or just look for bugs.  What ever you want.

Character Art
I can pull off a pretty good character, and I'll help you out with character art if ya want. I'm always experimenting with style, so whatever style you want, i'll give it a go.   I'll help you improve your sprites as well, with shading and crit and whatnot.

Animation / Character Animation
As long as it's not HUGE amounts of animation, I can help you out with this too

Coding / Scripting
I really enjoy scripting challenges, and pushing the boundarys of AGS, but I'll help you out with easy stuff as well.

email/msn: duzzondrums@hotmail.com
or PM me.

No time, no time! :)
Powerhoof - My new indie games company! | Wintermute Studios - My older AGS games: The Historical League of Bouncy Boxing, Grr! Bearly Sane,  Duzz Quest...

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Tutoring
It's true that I AM relatively new to AGS, but I've got one secret weapon - the ability to think logically. I've managed to put together a point and click remake of Larry 2, and am even now fiddling with AGS as much as I can, trying to get the most of it. I'd be glad to help anyone in need, especially because that'd be another way to learn AGS - trying to solve other people's problems. A word of warning, though - I tend to do things the hard way. But they work, and they're bug-proof most of the times (who can really say that anything's always bug-proof? ;D )

Scripting
Ah, how I LOVE to script! Yes I do! It's sometimes easy, sometimes frustrating, always rewarding. If you need any help from this department, who do you call? Not Ghostbusters, for sure!

Game design
Some people say I'm a good writer. I've got my own thoughts about that, but I DO love to write. My "field of expertise" are dialogues. I'm not very good at working on the story itself, never have been never will be, but if I KNOW that story I can cook up some dialogues.

My priority will ALWAYS be my own game. However, anyone who wants my help will ALWAYS be just below it, and I'll help him/her/them as soon as I can.

PM me, or e-mail me at catsfan915@hotmail.com. This is also my MSN adress. Please do NOT add me to your contact list before e-mailing me first, I don't like it. Ã, :P

Most or all of the above is still true, but at the moment I'm after peace and quiet. In my book, that equals SCRIPTING (strange but true). If you want me to program your game, fine with me, though that's all I'll do (maybe throw in a couple of dialogs if you like). My programming experience is not as vast as some of the scripting wizes around here, but I can comfortably say I'm an above average scripter, verging the "quite good" though not quite there yet.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

rorschach

Character Art
I can do pretty much any style to a certain extend, some styles better than others. I can also polish characters if needed.

Animation
I can help with walk, talk and other in-game animations.

Note: I work best with low-res sprites. I can do animation/characters pretty fast in low-res with no hazzle.

PM me if you need help.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk