A Window Cleaner's Apprentice

Started by Stupot, Thu 01/03/2007 22:03:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Stupot

www.ToxicSock.co.uk presents...
A Window Cleaner's Apprentice

Summary:
Today's Friday, and Tom wakes up to the day with the kind of enthusiasm reserved only for Payday. He finds he has two messages from his master on his answerphone. It seems Dick has got lost on his way home from the pub, despite living only two doors away from it.
Tom thinks his master may be in danger, and vows to save him. It is going to be a long and perilous quest, but Tom will get his wages... err... I mean save his master.

Expect: A flirty older woman, two dirty old men playing cards, a drunkard with his pants down, a bucket, a sponge and a squeegy.

Progress
Puzzles 90%
Story 90%
Scripting 2%
Graphics 15%
Sound 10%

*The Puzzles and Storyline are all pretty much sorted out in my head and on paper.Ã,  I've put them at 90% because I'm sure I will be forced to change some of these during the scripting process becasue I'm likely to encounter problems here.
*This is only a small game with about 15 usable items and 10 NPC's.
*The game is semi-linear in that some of the puzzles can be completed in any order but some cannot be completed until others are out of the way.
*I've setup a general basis for the scripting, but I won't start on it until I have all the backgrounds, sprites and objects made.

Graphics
I have all the rooms sketched in a book and some basic frames on the computer but only two finished backgrounds as yet.

Characters
Tom is a Window Cleaner's Apprentice, He's in his early 20s and is a laid back kinda guy, but when he thinks his boss is in danger the first thing he thinks about is his wage packet.

This isn't a sprite, just a general idea of what he will look like.Ã,  I might call upon a hand in creating a walkcycle becasue I'm a useless animator, but I'll cross that bridge when I've got a decent starter sprite and I'll post it in the relevent forum.

Check back for updates.

-Stu

Rd27

I like the graphics in this one and the game itself sounds to be nice too :).

Good luck!

Jon

I like the storyline so far, good luck with your new game!

Buckethead

Quote from: Stupot on Thu 01/03/2007 22:03:51
two dirty old men playing cards, a drunkard with his pants down

That sounds sexy! This game looks some what interesting! keep it up and good luck!!  :)

CosmoQueen

I really like the graphics, very unique. Though I'm not too sure about the main character LOL.

Look like it'll be fun though. Get it done soon ok ;)
KPop and AGS....................that is my life.

Stupot

To anyone who might be interested, I haven't given up on this project.  I've been in Tokyo and I shall be here for probably another 2-3 months, but as soon as I get home I'll be back on the case.

Reading it back after a few months I've realised the storyline is a bit crap, so I might come back to it with a new story, but the backgrounds will stay.

Darth Mandarb

Let me know when you're back on the case!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk