Started by Pumaman, Sat 03/12/2005 13:29:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Phemar

Hmmm, Bequeathers of Eternity? ;)

Pet Terry

Quote from: Worm III on Sat 28/01/2006 05:34:38
And there was this thread I posted about AGS

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=21639.0

That seems to be the same book I posted about some time ago in this thread. The Finnish translation has a different cover, though.
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

rodekill

Well, that's pretty cool, even though they spelled my name wrong.
Guess I should finish starting Earwig 2.
:=

edit: Damn, it's not in the North American version, which I expected, but am sad about anyways.
SHAWNO NEWS FLASH: Rodekill.com, not updated because I suck at animation. Long story.
peepee

LimpingFish

Weird how the put them under "Shareware" tho.  :-\
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

edmundito

Quote from: rodekill on Sat 28/01/2006 15:52:27
Well, that's pretty cool, even though they spelled my name wrong.
Guess I should finish starting Earwig 2.
:=

edit: Damn, it's not in the North American version, which I expected, but am sad about anyways.

You can buy the imported UK version ;)
The Tween Module now supports AGS 3.6.0!

Layabout

Interesting to see how much mention the community does get. It's good publicity, but it does bring in some random people.
I am Jean-Pierre.

BOYD1981

Quote from: LimpingFish on Sun 29/01/2006 21:21:24
Weird how the put them under "Shareware" tho.Ã,  :-\

they seem to put everything under shareware. guess they can't be bothered to add a freeware section to the coverdisc menu...

also, Rode, it would be awesome if you made Earwig 2 :D

Limey Lizard, Waste Wizard!
01101101011000010110010001100101001000000111100101101111011101010010000001101100011011110110111101101011

m0ds

Saw Shawnos piece in PC Gamer today! I was just flicking through and found it which was a nice surprise. And they quoted you tooo, Rodey! Excellent :D

Why the hell they call it Bequeathers though?

What is it with rubbish annotation of things I presume are discussed over email? You wouldn't see them call Halo Holo or Tomb Raider Womb Raider.... I just thought bequeathers was another word for bestowers, or the publisher/writer was a bit dumb.

Anarcho

Can you post the artile mods?  I guess that would be the UK PC Gamer?

m0ds

Anarcho - I'm talking about the same article as on page one of this thread :)

http://www.americangirlscouts.org/agsuploads/files/PCGamerAGS.jpg

Haddas

http://www.mbnet.fi/jutut/paivanpeli/?from=etusivu

Game of the day on MBnet. They make the magazine Mikrobitti.

MrColossal

"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

Vince Twelve

This may not be significant enough to mention, but I was reading the IGN review of Scratches when I saw this:

"Closing Comments

Mediocrity is hard to choke down, especially in the gaming industry. All told, Scratches is a good game for what it is, but let?s not kid ourselves here: it still suffers from the limitations of the strict point and click adventure genre. At best, it?s an above-average interactive book though in the grand scheme of gaming, it is fairly average next to games such as Grand Theft Auto, Half-Life 2, God of War, et al.

This is not an easy game. Even with hints enabled, first-time adventure gamers won?t know what they?re doing and will quickly become frustrated. If you?ve never looked at adventure games before and can stomach 1987-caliber graphics, head to Google and find the Rob Blanc or Larry Vales series. They?re free, and a heck of a lot easier to deal with than this one. If you don?t like adventure games at all, don?t even bother.

However, if you?re an adventure gaming veteran, especially if you like the horror / creepy / gothic-type atmosphere, then Scratches is for you. It's a solid game although a bit on the short side as you may be able to get through it in less than a day. At the end, there are certainly a lot worse ways to spend the standard bargain price of $20. This is a pretty decent-good entry in the adventure genre thanks to some good presentation and interesting puzzles."

I don't know why either of those two would be a decent substitute for the first-person gothic horror of Scratches, but I guess to most people, an adventure is an adventure.

edmundito

Yes, rob blanc and larry vales were made in 1987. This is actually the 8th generation of AGSers. Some time travel is involved.

Helm

1987-caliber, edmundo. he's saying they LOOK like games from 1987. And he's mostly right.
WINTERKILL

edmundito

D'oh!

He could have been more clear, I guess. ¬¬

Ionias

Quote from: Helm on Tue 07/03/2006 06:57:42
1987-caliber, edmundo. he's saying they LOOK like games from 1987. And he's mostly right.

I remember when I first played Rob Blanc, and I thought to myself ... Wow, I dunno if I could ever draw that good but I'll try. Bit off subject I suppose. I couldn't help but share one of my first AGS memories.

Akatosh

Congratulations to the authors of Duty and Beyond and Spooks! Your games appear on the DVD XL of March's 'GameStar' issue, a - quite decent and professional, IMHO - german games-related magazine.

Screenies

MrColossal

I also see Darkside Adventure in the list, made by Bernie though not an AGS games and Force Majeure, is that part one of Force Majeure 2: The Zone?

Hooray for everyone!
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

Akatosh

Nope, Force Majeure is some kind of side-scroller.

Also, in an interesting but probably unrelated fact, the magazine kept mentioning this website. You'll probably want to go there, you'll be positively surprised by the Navigation Bar at the top of the page...

/EDIT: Oh, and I think you're meaning a different game, not "A Game with A Kitty 2: Darkside Adventures", are you?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk