Tune Contest 5th - 15th March - Riot! (we have a winner)

Started by He-Man, Tue 06/03/2007 09:24:32

Previous topic - Next topic

He-Man

Hello there
In Denmark where I live it has been an actionpacked weekend. Some parts of Copenhagen was almost turned into a warzone because of demonstrations and riots after the police emptied a youth house.
Because of this the controvesial topic of this tune contest will be:
RIOT MUSIC!
You decide if you want make a riot-anthem or tribute to the police or whatever as long as the tune fits the theme...
Good luck and I'll see you at the barricades!

Hammerite

i used to be indeceisive but now im not so sure!

bartillier

what's a youth house? was anyone hurt? i know i could have just looked it up, but i'd rather hear it from someone who was there?

i'll get started on my song tommorow :)

He-Man

So far 750 people are arrested and 197 in jail. Denmark is a small country and this is one of the biggest police actions ever in the country.
The reason for the riots and protests is that about 20 years ago Copenhagen gave a house to squatters to use for their koncerts and activities. A couple of years ago the house was sold to a Christian organisation. This resulted in years of strugling with the Dainish justice system because the squatters felt had the right to the building since they were given the key to the building as a present from Copenhagen. The court decided that the Christian organisation had the right to the building and Thursday the police emptied the house. The mayor of Copenhagen and her fellow politicians have not done anything to find a solution to the problem and now the squatters and punks are "houseless" and angry!

BTW it was nice to hear your entry Hammerite. I hope more will follow soon...

He-Man

Wow, Oz. That was an amazing track...
Anyone else want to join in?

bartillier

i'll post soon, although i think the previous entry will be the winner  := :'(

Hammerite

i used to be indeceisive but now im not so sure!

bartillier

descriptive link

my entry, kinda short and unfinished, i started od in a couple of hours ago, hope you like it

bye

He-Man

Yo yo.
The final moment has come and it's time to pick a winner.
Thanks to the three of you for entering. All three entries were good and also very different.

Hammerite - Very noisy. I have listed a bit to noise music (mostly because some of my friends are into the scene) but I find it pretty hard to understand. But you track still manage to capture to chaotic feeling of a riot.

Oz - Really cool track. The sirens and the police radio thing really go well together with the music.

Bartillier - Also a very nice track. But like you mentioned your self it seems a little unfinished especially the drums. Work a little on it and you have a good soundtrack for a riot.

And the winner is:
Bartiller!
The other tunes were good but yours was superb in my opinion. You really managed to capture the feeling of a riot. Very well done...

You start the next contest...

bartillier

wow! didn't expect to win := anyway I'll start the new contest, and I hope you don't win he-man :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk