Nelly Cootalot: Spoonbeaks Ahoy! HD - Launches 23rd May

Started by Ali, Tue 06/03/2007 16:44:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Babar

What are you talking about?!!1!

He's praising Nelly Cootalot, and explaining the effect it had on him/her and the internet world in general, and even goes to the extent of subtely offering sexual favours as thanks.
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

I like that last part. Damn, I really should make a game.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

vertigoaddict

Quote from: DDT-RUS-4 on Sun 04/11/2007 12:28:14
I'm pretty sure you know very well that the www is the greatest technological creation in modern history. Although I suppose somebody else would have invented it earlier or later if you hadn't, I just wanted to say thank you for having done such incredible pioneer work on a sector that has changed the lives of us all.

Translation? Summary?:

The 'world wide web' (www/ internet available to the public)  is the greatest creation in modern history.

Someone else could have made it, if you (creator) hadn't.

I just want to say thank you for having done such pioneer (first ever to do) work on something that would change our lives forever.

Quote from: DDT-RUS-4 on Sun 04/11/2007 12:28:23
Because of your work, I work with former soviet scientists to design and share online training schedules for athletes throughout the world. People are people regardless of where they are located; with dreams and the inner quest for knowledge. 20 years ago this would have been impossible. Even though the geopolitics would have still gone the way they had, the net has allowed us to be more than non combatants..we have become friends.

because of your work:

I work with former soviet scientists to design and share online training timetables for atheletes.

People are humans, it doesn't matter where they are.

people have goals for more knowledge.

20 years ago this (the timetable for atheletes) would have been impossible.

geopolitics...world politics?

even though...the 'world politics' would have still gone the way they had (who the heck would vote for Bush anyway?!) the net brings people around the world together.

---

In other words, this guy is thankful that the internet was made available for the public. And because the internet became able for public use, he (with former soviet scientists) was able to make training shedules for atheletes everywhere.

He says that 20 years ago, this may not have been possible. He talks about people's desire for more knowlege, probably talking about new future inventions that may change the world.

He speaks of geopolitics. Well, the internet used to be only available to the army, maybe he was commenting on that fact?

He says that the internet brings people from all around the world together.

This is TOTALLY out of topic; perhaps he is equating Ali to the creator of the 'world wide web'?

Ali

If anyone's keeping count, I also invented the George Foreman Grill.

GarageGothic

Quote from: vertigoaddict on Mon 05/11/2007 06:13:26This is TOTALLY out of topic; perhaps he is equating Ali to the creator of the 'world wide web'?

Probably he confused Ali with Al Gore ;)

m0ds

Lean Green Spoonbeak Grilling Machine!  :o

Noooooooooooooooooooo! :'(

m0ds

Quote from: m0ds on Tue 06/03/2007 16:59:33
Here's that page I spoke of, point people to it or the link on the download page and should you care, I'll be able to tell you how many people have downloaded it :)

Completely forgot about this, and today a link led me to eventually end up back in this thread, where I re-read this.

And so I checked out the figures, how many times HAS it been downloaded from the s7 server? WELL I never!

Six hundred and sixty six times as of this moment.

Teh devil is upon us ;)

And the Kinky Island demo has finally overtaken Alien Time Zone, OH MY!!! hehe

Ali

Thanks to everyone who voted for Nelly Cootalot in the 2007 AGS Awards. I'm delighted and, to be honest, really surprised to have won Best Game. Thanks also to m0ds, and everyone else who contibuted to Nelly.

And shame on anyone who nominated Nelly for best programming! What was that about?

Quote from: m0ds on Wed 06/02/2008 01:19:15
And so I checked out the figures, how many times HAS it been downloaded from the s7 server? WELL I never!

Six hundred and sixty six times as of this moment.

Teh devil is upon us ;)

That makes sense. Don't you remember the puzzle where Nelly has to stare into a burning brazier from which seven beasts with serpent tongues and eagle wings emerge? Every beast was covered with eyes like mercury, their claws like burnished bronze and each held a scroll which presaged the ruin of man and the rise of the Antichrist.

Actually wait... I cut that at the last minute and replaced it with a joke about the Baronesses.

SuperDre

Ali

I friend of a friend drew my attention to Nelly's appearance in PC Gamer recently, next to a game by some guy called Yahtzee. In the interest of vanity, I thought I'd post a scan:

Rince

I actually read that in the mag so im here to download and play it now ^_^

Ultra Magnus

Quote from: Iv4n on Thu 08/05/2008 19:10:35
And what happened with your girlfriend?

If you've played the game then you'll know that she found the spoonbeaks and everything was right with the world.

Also... cool news, Ali.
I would've thought they would have at least told you about it, if only for the extra sales that you and your family/friends might bring.

(By the way, have I told you that I like the game?) ;)
I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.

I'm tired of pretending I'm not bitchin', a total frickin' rock star from Mars.

Stupot

Well done for the mention Ali.
It is a very charming game.

Ali

m0ds: Thanks, but I couldn't help but notice that the blurb could easily have been written by someone who hadn't actually played the game... but who am I to complain?

Rince: I hope you enjoy it, and stay around to play other AGS adventures!

Iv4n: Everything's great with my girlfriend. Did my making an adventure game for her give out the message we were 'on the rocks'?

Ultra Magnus: I don't think my friends and family would actually have bought it, but I would have. They lost themselves ONE sale there... I don't know if you have told me you liked the game, but I'm happy to be told more than once!

Stupot: Thank you!

Daniel Eakins

Hi, just wanted to say I've created an article for Spoonbeaks Ahoy! on Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nelly_Cootalot:_Spoonbeaks_Ahoy!

More people should know about this fantastic game! :)
We all have our time machines, don't we?

paolo

Quote from: Pauca sed bona on Tue 07/10/2008 17:06:34
Hi, just wanted to say I've created an article for Spoonbeaks Ahoy! on Wikipedia:

More people should know about this fantastic game! :)

The link is incorrect. Try this one instead (which includes the ! in the URL):

Looks like you fixed it at the same time as me :)

Daniel Eakins

Yeah, this was because the forum's auto-linking function didn't count the "!" as a part of the URL. I've fixed it by adding actual [ url ] tags.
We all have our time machines, don't we?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk