Nelly Cootalot: Spoonbeaks Ahoy! HD - Launches 23rd May

Started by Ali, Tue 06/03/2007 16:44:25

Previous topic - Next topic

can someone help me out i'm really stuck all i have is a map,feather,book,rock,ink and shovel?

marlamoe

You may find some help here http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=30452.0
If not, you can ask a new question about where you are actually stuck there.

Philo

:D :D

THANKS so much Ali for this Gorgeous game!!!!!  ;D

Ali

See first post for mirror download.

Thanks for all the positive feedback! I hope the game meets the expectations of those of you who haven't played it yet. For those who have...

Scorposer I'm pleased you're enjoying it so far. M0ds's music is reason enough to play through the game.

Mordalles & Buloght: I'm particularly pleased you enjoyed the dialogue, That was one of the parts I was most uncertain of.

marlamoe: Thanks for the bug reports, I'm very glad you liked the game. I'll get an updated version online at some point - or as soon as anyone finds a really deadly bug!

I'd like to know how long the game takes to finish. It lasts about 45 minutes for me, but I know all the answers. Now lets get on with the harsh criticism. I haven't heard the word 'derivative' used once. Shame on you!

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

QuoteI'll get an updated version online at some point

And naturally you'll be kind enough to upload just a patch too. ::)

I'm curious, did you use a vector-program like Moho for moving the character's body parts for making the animations? It looks like it, and I wanted to know whether I should congratulate my keen eye or rip it out for lying to me.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Ali

Quote from: Rui "Trovatore" Pires on Wed 07/03/2007 11:11:54
And naturally you'll be kind enough to upload just a patch too. ::)

Um... I'm not actually sure how I would make a patch. Any tips?

Quote from: Rui "Trovatore" Pires on Wed 07/03/2007 11:11:54
I'm curious, did you use a vector-program like Moho for moving the character's body parts for making the animations? It looks like it, and I wanted to know whether I should congratulate my keen eye or rip it out for lying to me.

Sort of. Perhaps a mild jabbing is in order. The sprites began as vectors in Corel Draw, but I actually animated them as raster images on planes in Blender3D. I thought this would be the quickest way to animate hi-res sprites, of course it turned out to be fraught with complications. I would have used something like Moho if I'd had a copy!

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

QuoteI'm not actually sure how I would make a patch. Any tips?

Sure! Google for Clickteam's Patch Maker.

QuotePerhaps a mild jabbing is in order.

I'll consider it very carefully, messieur.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Da_Elf

what can i say that hasnt been said already. its reaaaaally good. ive been waiting for this game for a while. the graphical style is original and the humor is great aaaarrrr . blow the man down!! hehehe

buloght

Ok, I've gotten very far in. I have to say after playing this more, this is by far the greatest thing I've played since Cedric and the revolution and Duty and Beyond. This game rates in my top 3. Your art style works, the humour throughout is amazing, I especially like that widebeard character and the baroness. Every character is richly defined, not to mention those viking salesman. I've laughed out loud quite a lot, really a great job ali.

This is how a pirate game should be! And with these around people won't go "hey it's another pirate game" cause it's too muchly different from the original MI series. It's an original pirate game. I'm gonna stop before sounding like a fanboy.

cotlc

Fantastic game!!!

Brought back some of that old school magic that is lacking in just about every new adventure game that is released nowadays.

Perfect humour, perfect graphics, perfect setting, perfect puzzles, perfect size and not one stolen MI gag (that I could recall).

An absolute credit to you, Al. I eagerly anticipate any future releases you wish to pleasure us with.

10/10

peter

When i used (try) the map in the inventory in the jail, the game crashed ?

Thanks for this good game :)

Ali

Version 1.1 is available.
This version fixes a critical bug that makes the game impossible to complete. A patch is also available. See the first post.

Da Elf: I very much appreciate the addition of nautical vowels in your post. Thank you!

Buloght: I'm delighted that you think so highly of the game. I'm also delighted that you wrote 'laughed out loud' without abbreviating it, well done!

cotlc: I think you're a little too generous with your rating. I don't think there are any stolen MI gags, but there may be one oblique reference. I'll give this doubloon to the first man that spots it.

*Ali nails coin to mast*

There are no doubloons for spotting Moby Dick references in this post.

peter: I'm glad you enjoyed the game, and I'm sorry you got caught by the bugs. On that subject...

Quote from: peter on Thu 08/03/2007 14:49:35
When i used (try) the map in the inventory in the jail, the game crashed ?

Until I get version 1.2 online... don't do that!

thewalrus

I am a little confused.... If there was a bug that made the game impossible to complete, then how did some people finish the game before the updated version? Where do you get the patch? Or should I just re-download the entire game???
Thewalrus

Goo, goo, ga, joob!!!

"Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come!"

Peder 🚀

voh

Honestly speaking one of the best AGS games in a while. Kudos to you, sir!

:)

(oh, and it took me 3,5 hours, without looking in the hints thread)
Still here.

i k a r i

I've spotted a little MI reference
Spoiler
when I looked at one of the paintings inside the bar, is in the place you enter after making the donation  ;D
[close]

Am I right?

Oh and by the way, GREAT game!. Thanks for sharing it  ;D
QuoteWell, one think is not liking him, and the other is making humour of the retarder people!
Nacho speaking of Bush.

sthomannch

Excellent game!
Very unique graphics and a lot of fun to play

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

A most enjoyable game.  Well done.

ida

Enjoyed playing this game thanks!

Didnt need to use the hints page too much and the music never got annoying.Ã,  :)

You couldnt help but like Nelly even though she was trying to be a tough pirate!

jonqueztor

This game was awesome!

All of Nelly's jokes were absolutely hilarious!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk