Sprite Jam - Broken - 09/03/07 - 16/03/07

Started by Sadistyk, Fri 09/03/2007 19:22:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Sadistyk

BROKEN

You have to draw a hero or heroine at their worst, when all hope is gone, and tere is nothing else that can be done.

No restrictions on colours.
No restrictions on size.
Te sprite must be original.

All entries must be posted before the 17/03/07.

Reference:

Venus

Adalbert was once a very famous dragon slayor. He used to travel from village to village to help the people conquer the mighty beasts that ransacked their lands.
Unfortunately, his last encounter ended in his rather unpleasant death, which is already pretty bad if you ask me. But it gets even worse: after a couple of years people started to forget him. His grave was no longer looked after and was left to decay.

So, here he is:
Adalbert, a hero at his worst: dead and forgotten
124x135, 16 colours
2x

Sadistyk

gASK

X-50 used to be the best robotic police enforcer there ever was. He fought crime from the deepest cellar to the highest rooftop of whatever city just needed his services. He knew no fear, he was never tired and he was nearly invicible and he was equipped with the newest <classified infromation>. He was widely known and recognized and villains everywhere feared him.

But everything must come to an end, and X-50 met his one in a form of <classified information>. I think those scratch marks speak for itself. So here he is, truly broken and hopeless.

X-50, a truly BROKEN hero...

(2x)(1x)

This is my very first try at sprites, so it is not very good. However I liked the idea of literally broken hero so much I just have to draw it, so I grabbed Paint and tried my best.

Sadistyk

Don't worry. If this is your first sprite, I must say it's very good. Good shading and colours. Also the proportions are quite accurate.

Tuomas

Quote from: Sadistyk on Tue 13/03/2007 19:48:45
Also the proportions are quite accurate.

...for a robot? I thought it's up to the one who builds it.

Sadistyk

Accurate respecting the angle of vision and the shading.

gASK

Quote from: Sadistyk on Tue 13/03/2007 19:48:45
Don't worry. If this is your first sprite, I must say it's very good. Good shading and colours. Also the proportions are quite accurate.

Thanks. I have some past drawing experience, but this is my first try at something computer based. I am not very good at hand drawing either, but at least I learned about the perspective, shading and stuff ;)

SpacePirateCaine

It's been ages since I even looked at the AGS forums - I really like the idea of this Jam, so thought I'd enter.

Ariana Shaw was an actress - she starred in numerous films and television shows in her teens and was respected and idolized by girls all over the country for her beauty and her charm. Hard work and a strict schedule caused her to have to prioritize, and she chose the fame over family and friends, who eventually began to disappear.

However, as she began to age, her looks weren't quite enough, and her popularity started to fade. Over time, like many once-great actors, she turned to drugs to fill the gap left by the stress of losing her following. One night, doped up on heroin, she made a tearful phone call to one of her few remaining friends. Her final words, before she pulled the trigger, were "I was beautiful once".
Check out MonstroCity! | Level 0 NPCs on YouTube! | Life's far too short to be pessimistic.

Sadistyk

TheJBurger

One last case was one too many for this detective. He approached the mobsters with his pistol and a badge, and thought he could handle himself. Unfortunately, one last bullet caught him in the chest, and he grips himself in pain while he knows he did his duty.

Sadistyk

Time's up.
First of all, I want to say that it was a very difficult choice. They all look great.
An the winner is:

3rd place: Adalbert by Venus.

2nd place: The Detective by TheJBurger.

1st place: Ariana Shaw by SpacePirateCaine.

Thanks all for the entries. See you next time.
SpacePirateCaine, you can start the new jam anytime.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk