Do you like beards?

Started by KyriakosCH, Mon 31/10/2022 14:41:40

Previous topic - Next topic

KyriakosCH

Hm, just a lighthearted thread :)

I never really had a beard - only some short one in mid highschool for a year. Can't say I like beards and fortunately I don't have to shave everyday to pretty much pass as clean-shaved (generally shave once every 2-3 days).
I guess some people look nice with beards, but I tend to agree with the way ancient Greeks saw a beard as a status symbol but also at the cost of going for beauty - which is why the strongest gods, eg Zeus and Poseidon, always have a beard, but those who are neotenic and symbols of beauty never do (eg Apollo and Hermes)  (nod)
(iirc, the Spartans didn't go for beards either, and were all about long hair)

What about you?
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

Danvzare

I haven't seen my chin since I started growing facial hair as a teenager.
Does that answer your question?  (laugh)

KyriakosCH

Ponch

Grew a beard in the summer of 1996. Never looked back.  :cool:

LimpingFish

I'm trying to remember the first time I could claim to have a beard (as opposed to unruly facial hair).

I'm really trying!

I think I can honestly say I've had a beard (be it a Grizzly Adams or one akin to someone cosplaying as a Shakespearean nobleman) for at least 25 years. Likely longer.

At one point I had both long hair (much like Barry Gibb from the Bee Gees) and a substantial beard. I was told I bore an uncanny resemblance to Chewbacca...so changes had to be made. ¬¬
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

mkennedy

If given the choice I would get electrolysis to have my beard permanently removed as shaving can be a real pain and the beard can make me quite hot when sleeping. Usually though I let it grow for a while and shave it off about every month or two when it starts to get too bushy.

newwaveburritos

I don't mind a beard but I like shaving and so I probably haven't had one for about five or six years.  My brothers both have large ones but I just have a mustache.

josiah1221

I've had facial hair of some form or another for the past 28 years. I've never liked shaving plus it grows really fast and is quite thick. A few years ago I decided to see how long I could get it, lol.

KyriakosCH

Wow, you are ZZ-top tier  (nod)

Babar

Quote from: josiah1221 on Sat 12/11/2022 19:25:56I've had facial hair of some form or another for the past 28 years. I've never liked shaving plus it grows really fast and is quite thick. A few years ago I decided to see how long I could get it, lol.
That's quite a glorious beard! As someone who has one less than a third the size of yours (which I still find is quite big), and wants to grow it, but has to face constant peer pressure against it, how do you have it so neat? Does it naturally neaten out as it gets longer? For me, it's really frustrating how I have hair that curls outwards and makes a bit of an untidy non-straight beard (especially near the face/sideburns).
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Danvzare

My goodness! And that's only from a few years of letting it grow!  8-0
Give it a few more years and you'll go straight into ancient wizard length.

Awesome beard by the way.  :-D
I bet it's tough to keep it clean and tidy.

Frodo

I love beards!  All men should have beards.   :grin:
As a woman, I can't grow a beard.  You men have it lucky.   :wink:

Josiah, I am in awe of your beard!    :cheesy:  :cheesy:  :cheesy:

The man in my avatar - Marko Hietala - has a brilliant beard.  He keeps it in 2 pleats.

josiah1221

Quote from: Babar on Sun 13/11/2022 15:46:31
Quote from: josiah1221 on Sat 12/11/2022 19:25:56I've had facial hair of some form or another for the past 28 years. I've never liked shaving plus it grows really fast and is quite thick. A few years ago I decided to see how long I could get it, lol.
That's quite a glorious beard! As someone who has one less than a third the size of yours (which I still find is quite big), and wants to grow it, but has to face constant peer pressure against it, how do you have it so neat? Does it naturally neaten out as it gets longer? For me, it's really frustrating how I have hair that curls outwards and makes a bit of an untidy non-straight beard (especially near the face/sideburns).

It's different for everyone depending on how thick/thin or soft/course your hair is. With mine being really thick and course as it got longer the weight of it helped it to straighten out on its own. I do however trim the sides and sideburn areas to keep it neat and focus on length instead of girth, lol.

Also, thanks everyone for the compliments.  :-D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk