HOTEL HELL, Demo Released --UPDATED-- (10 April)

Started by Kreator, Mon 19/03/2007 13:05:06

Previous topic - Next topic

mr.me

I like the first perspective. If there is an item you need in the game you should be able to pick it up when ever you want and I thought the main character walked too slow.

thewalrus

Hmm, I hadn't played the demo; figuring that it was an abandoned project and all. But now that the status has changed, I will try it out. Plus it seems that it was pretty well liked amongst the respected members of our community.

Thewalrus

Goo, goo, ga, joob!!!

"Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come!"

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

I reccomend you ask that in the critics lounge - well, about the BGs, at least.

Things you could change - right now, "right-clicking" on something has a side-effect: as soon as the "look" script is run, the "interact" script is run wherever the mouse happens to be. Look into that.

Other than that and the issues already mentioned in this thread, you can go along on the same vein, storywise.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

RedBlob

paolo

Looks like you might have a dead end in your game, unless I've missed something:

Spoiler

The walkthrough says you should look at the vent in the bathroom and then go back into your room to get a screwdriver.

However, if you don't do this until the morning after, you're stuck because you can't get back into your room.

One way you could fix this is to prevent the player character from leaving the room until he has picked up the necessary item (saying something like "I don't want to go out yet" or something like that if you try to leave the room before you've picked up the item you need.
[close]

Kreator

Quote from: paolo on Wed 11/04/2007 13:42:47
Looks like you might have a dead end in your game, unless I've missed something:

Spoiler

You have to use your key to get back in your room! lol
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk