Tune contest - Scenery (31.march - 15. april) - Winner announced

Started by bartillier, Sat 31/03/2007 15:03:47

Previous topic - Next topic

bartillier

Hey, here's another tune contest, soory it took so much time.

Ayway. The challenge is: You have to make a tune representing some sort of scenery like mighty snow covered mountain peaks, or maybe an autumn sunset, or rain on a sunday morning... Anyway the trick is that with every entry you have to post a PICTURE of the scenery you're doing! It doesn't matter what size the picture is (well not too big) and HAVE FUN!

the one tune that goes best with it's picture will be the winner :)

example:

nihilyst

As always -- a short one:

Click here for the music (ca. 2 MB) done with a guitar and a salt shaker

cheers
nihilyst

deFineLicht

I was inspired by a painting hanging in our house, the painting I'm showing here looks almost the same.

The song

And it seems that the quality of the song went worse when I converted it to mp3, sorry about that...

Hammerite

my short entry, made from a birdsong sound font and edited piano playing by yours truly.

here's the entry:
http://www.yourfilehost.com/media.php?cat=audio&file=It__s_Sunday_And_I__m_Tired.mp3
i used to be indeceisive but now im not so sure!

InCreator

Though I have no chance against professional pieces already entered this competition, here's my pic & song:

http://www.increator.pri.ee/i/compos/abandoned.ogg
Dedicated to our forgotten friends

nihilyst

InCreator, that's great ^^ Reminds me of the opening theme of John Carpenter's "They live".

InCreator

Thanks, though it's nowhere near your or Oz's song. Other two are quite cool too...

I simply browsed for a picture to compose for, and this picture started playing a song in my head.
Since it's so minimalistic and somewhat poor track, I hesitated and wouldn't enter at all if it didn't trigger so many emotions in me.
Weird.

Oz

Wow. Talk about success. When was the last time a tune contest had this many entries? ;)

Is it okay to contribute more than one entry?
Diversity is divine!

nihilyst

I entered because the theme provided has many room open for different styles. I guess that's the reason many have entered (and will enter).

Pling!

http://uppit.com/G0L3L

I've been watching these competitions for a long time now and have been afraid of posting because of my weak English (yes, you can call me vain), but finally I brought myself to join one, too.

Sorry for the Download-Link, but I just realized that if you listen to a streamed Midi-File, it loses all of its quality and atmosphere. Anyway the download shouldn't take you longer than 2 seconds + waiting time, for it's a tiny little Midi.

I messed up the end a bit, but this bulky Midi-accordion is so damn hard to play ;)

kaputtnik

File: http://www.file-upload.net/download-237795/mokkaido.mid.html

The final duel has just begun! Robot vs. robot, Midi vs. MP3 and OGG! Will outdated technology be able to triumph over the orotund top-notch VST-plugin driven and highly appealing sounds of nowadays? No way, might one want to say...But MIDI is far more vicious than ANYONE would think...

edit: Uhm, the scenery's in the background. That sea or lake or something. I'm not missing the point here, you see.

I, object.

He-Man

I will join this competition after Easter.
I get home from a small tour in Holland, Belgium and Germany monday and I'll join shortly after.
I already have some ideas...
Cheers

zeblin

Okay, I'll confess... I found the pic on-line, but the music is all me.  I originally wrote this music for a video game version of Magician's Nephew but after Lion Witch & the Wardrobe came out... Well, you understand.

The Music

zeblin

Quote from: deFineLicht on Sat 31/03/2007 21:21:44

I was inspired by a painting hanging in our house, the painting I'm showing here looks almost the same.

I love this deFineLicht.  I can almost feel the waves and as the music builds, I feel the waves getting fierce.  Brilliant work! :)

deFineLicht

Thank you, that was the feeling I wanted to compose. Your tune is nice too.

LGM

I felt it necessary to further prove I have no idea how to make music:

Edit: Changed picture. Better, Steel Drummer?
You. Me. Denny's.

Steel Drummer

Nice track lgm, didn't exactly fit the scene, though. ;)
I'm composing the music for this game:

LGM

I didn't think anyone would respond with "nice."

Heh, thanks. I had a different pic but it wasn't really scenery. So I trudged about and found another. I think it fits better.
You. Me. Denny's.

Steel Drummer

Well, it was a nice example of someone who can't compose music. ;)
I'm composing the music for this game:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk