I was able to run the demo of Monkey Island 1 on my PC...

Started by Fleshstalker, Sat 31/03/2007 20:08:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Fleshstalker

Using XP and it was working well. The next day, the demo won't run at all. How is this possible. I heard XP is not suppose to run old Moneky Island games, but mine did and then the next time I booted it up, it would not work no matter how many time I tried. ??? Oh and I don't even have the SCUMM download to make older titles run on XP.

Steel Drummer

Download SCUMMVM. That's the only solution I can think of, since I don't own XP. ;)
I'm composing the music for this game:

Fleshstalker

Yea, I know it would work if I downloaded SCUMMVM, but I just find it strange how it worked the first time and then it didn't the next day. I find it strange.

Mr Flibble

Share and enjoy.

Downloads page

You're right, it is rather strange. Have you updated or changed anything at all, or possibly a program is running that wasn't before? Maybe a program isn't running that was before?
Ah! There is no emoticon for what I'm feeling!

Fleshstalker

Nope. I haven't changed or update anything on my PC and nothing was running while playing it the first time or afterwards. Oh well...

Magic

PCs are so utterly complicated that a simple answer is sometimes not possible. I can't believe the amount of problems that I've solved with a reboot without making changes, nor the few times that a program hasn't run and then has run without problems the next time.  ???

They are fickle beasts, in short. Understand as much as you can but know that you won't understand them all. :)
- Magic

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk