MAGS April: Unexpected

Started by Klaus, Sun 01/04/2007 19:20:52

Previous topic - Next topic

zabnat

Quote from: Jon on Fri 06/04/2007 14:49:49
Arn't I? I got the hint
Quote from: Klaus on Sun 01/04/2007 19:20:52
you can also use free material that is available to the public.
that you could. Oh well, I don't mind if I lose or get disqualified, it's just a bit of fun :).

Sentences are best read in full ;)

Akatosh

And this game... well, it's a bit illogical and broken, if I may say so.

woodz

hes got quite a long time to fix it, hopefully someone will say where he's going wrong

Jon

Quote from: Akatosh on Fri 06/04/2007 19:29:34
And this game... well, it's a bit illogical and broken, if I may say so.

Oh well, it's a start for me and my game-making career ;), this competition was designed for n00bs, like me, to test their game making skills. And like Woodz said
Quote from: woodz on Fri 06/04/2007 19:55:00
hes got quite a long time to fix it, hopefully someone will say where he's going wrong
I can learn from my mistakes.

Akatosh

Well, then I wish you good luck. And if I may give you some advice... redraw the rooms (MS Paint "Line" Tool is your friend), do NOT save the backgrounds as .gif (does horrible things to the color), re-import the unlucky cup sprite (transparency messed up), fix the messages and... tell me how to continue after the digging puzzle, I'm completly at a loss (and it was hard enough to get there).

Jon

Quote from: Akatosh on Sat 07/04/2007 13:26:57
Well, then I wish you good luck. And if I may give you some advice... redraw the rooms (MS Paint "Line" Tool is your friend), do NOT save the backgrounds as .gif (does horrible things to the color), re-import the unlucky cup sprite (transparency messed up), fix the messages and... tell me how to continue after the digging puzzle, I'm completly at a loss (and it was hard enough to get there).

Thanks for the tips Akatosh, I will try and apply your advice in another game. As for the digging puzzle hehe,

Spoiler
Try using your shovel somewhere else
[close]

Akatosh

Okay, I've got a question. Is it okay if all my inventory items aren't really, well, items?

Klaus

Quote from: Akatosh on Sat 14/04/2007 14:34:26
Is it okay if all my inventory items aren't really, well, items?
Yes that's okay: Talking about "one item" in the rules actually means "at least one item" and as there's no other rule that requires "real items" it's no problem to go that way... Good luck.

Akatosh

Everything-else-than-proudly-announcing:

Me Go Store!

This is a mixture of a stylistic experiment, a bad joke game and a "I couldn't finish the real thing in time" mags entry. Don't worry, I'll finish Cascade Failure, but it'd be impossible to make it this month.

New version here!

Now that was unexpected, wasn't it? ;)

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Wow, meta-game unexpectedness! You arez awsmoe!!!1!
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Radiant

Hm, it doesn't work on my computer. That's also rather unexpected.

Akatosh

New version of my game here: http://www.evilshare.com/64cd0dd0-43d7-102a-847b-00a0c993e9d6

It's slightly expanded and true to the rules.

[EDIT]: Yes, yes. Bew - New - New - Bew.

zabnat

All games need to be in by April 26th.

So what is the exact deadline then :)
I'm working on my game, it'll be pretty unpolished, but I'm still trying to make it playable...

Ollibony

Hello all! :)

Here's my entry for this 'Unexpected' round. This game is extremely short and rather weird, but that's because it's my first AGS game, so it's more of experiment than the real thing. And besides, I've decided to enter the competition about 3 days ago, and this decicion was absolutely unexpected for me, so I had very little time for this.

So, this is it: "Day of the Fish".

Download

Enjoy ;)

Klaus

Quote from: zabnat on Thu 26/04/2007 00:08:58
All games need to be in by April 26th.
So what is the exact deadline then :)
Okay, so let's be more exact: The deadline will end in 10 hours from now (see timestamp of this posting). Good luck and cu...

zabnat

Ok, here it is. A bit rushed and unpolished. Note that this is not really playtested  so it will contain a lot of bugs :)
Also this is my first game so it has a lot of features that first games have ;)
It's short and has huge filesize, so I hope it takes more time for you to play it than download it  :-\
Also I hope that it's true enough for the rules ;)

Screens

Download

KC

Ok, I came home early from work so I could get close to the deadline.  Please excuse a large time difference.  Thanks.  It's called West Of The Root.

http://tarantulasoup.googlepages.com/PotatoWestern.zip
Please enjoy.

Buckethead

Now don't pretend like you expected me to enter on time!  :D

http://files-upload.com/192199/UnexpectedQuest.zip.html

Lots of unexpected problems accured while making this game. No humans nor animals got hurt though.

The game is very weird and unlogic, so be carefull when you play it  ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk