Scared Stiff

Started by theatrx, Mon 02/04/2007 15:36:39

Previous topic - Next topic

theatrx

Scared Stiff is a short little game about this guy that gets stuck in a haunted house.

Enjoy.  THEATRX

http://theatrx.8m.com/ScaredStiff.zip
Life is a banquet and most poor sonsofbitches are starving to death

Jon

Downloading now, looks good!

m0ds

Yo! This is nice! Good fun if you ask me, but I'm encountering a hurrendous amount of bugs. The first major one is it crashing as soon as I try and leave the room with the ghost lady.

I'll post up more later, but first look shows its a fun game so far! Haven't gotten to the men with no genitals part yet though, so I'm still only flexibily scared ;)

thewalrus

Looks good, I'm downloading now!!!
Thewalrus

Goo, goo, ga, joob!!!

"Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come!"

splat44

I've also find the strange thing:

After going sleeping, I hear someone scream, I got back to bed.

When main charater is sleeping 2nd time. He turn the light and he floating while walking!

I just start a hint area for this game and post your question/hint there:

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=30775.0

Alla

Theatrx,hi.. :)please ,give us some hint..i see that we all stucked at same placess..
And ,i download,yr game A Day with Michael ,but it crashed from very beginning.Just black screen..wat s up?plz respond,thanks ??? ??? ???

theatrx

In the bedroom, once you hear the scream and you stand up, flip the light switch on and than open the door.  Do not go back to bed.  Figured out how that happened and fixed it but haven't uploaded the new version yet.  Waiting to hear about more bugs which I'm sure there are.  Sorry for the bugs you've found.  theatrx

splat44

Quote from: theatrx on Tue 03/04/2007 19:11:47
In the bedroom, once you hear the scream and you stand up, flip the light switch on and than open the door.  Do not go back to bed.  Figured out how that happened and fixed it but haven't uploaded the new version yet.  Waiting to hear about more bugs which I'm sure there are.  Sorry for the bugs you've found.  theatrx

I've found other bugs:

1) After leaving the room right after hearing the scream, I believe the bug take place in the hallway (one screen up)

In the hallway:
When entering first door way(right) we see the character through the wall and no other walkable area exist from there.

2) While meeting the master for the first time in living lroom and while using Talk Icon on
floating women, the butler move near the fireplace, the following script shows up:

Script error:
in global script (line 77)
Error: DisplayMessage: Invalid message number to display

Regards

RedBlob

Did you do the artwork yourself? This looks very cool.

theatrx

Quote from: RedBlob on Tue 10/04/2007 23:10:34
Did you do the artwork yourself? This looks very cool.

Actually, I'm working on a really big AGS photo project so Scared Stiff is a study in photo manipulation.  I found the photos and then added "noise" and degraded the image so it looked more like a drawing.

What I thought was really cool was adding the 'glow' effect of candles or fire into the room around the candles or fire (room animation).  I thought it made it a little more realistic.  So the object was acting in concert with the room dynamics.  I love AGS.

splat44

theatrx ,

Has those bugs been fixed yet?

Regards

ozzette

Sorry, I gave up in the ballroom.  Just too many bugs.  I tried to talk to the ghost in the den, crash.  I tried to talk to the dancers, crash.   I hope you can get it fixed up, because the graphics are outstanding and the premise looks promising.
I'm not poor, I just don't have any money.

All my salad bowls have cool whip on the side :)

theatrx

I uploaded a bug fix Scared Stiff... many thanks to splatt44(phil) Same link.

Regarding bugs in the ballroom.  I'm not getting bugs in the ballroom.  You shouldn't be able to talk to anyone... or anything.  It's a hard room to get through since some of the walk areas are only 6 pixels wide.  The trick to the room is save... save... save.  If you must know it's sort of a U shaped walk to the right.  and "Crashing" like the whole game crashes?!  I don't know how that's possible in that room.  But I could be overlooking something totally stupid.  I tend to do that.  Phil went back to bed in the bedroom which caused a whole bunch of other problems.  Who knew?! Thanks for playing though.  AGS games are tough.  You think you've figured out all the parameters and then people play it and you find out you've missed about 50% of the parameters.  Sorry for the problems you're having.  I'll keep fixing if you'll keep playing.  theatrx

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Quote404 Error -- File Not Found
The page you are looking for (http://theatrx.8m.com/ScaredStiff.zip) is not here.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

theatrx

Sorry Rui... I uploaded a bug fix but used Scared Stiff.zip instead of ScaredStiff.zip.  It's fixed now.  I tried to email you the other day and it came back saying "Can't find member Rui, Can't find member Trovatore, Can't find member Pires".

splat44

Quote from: theatrx on Wed 11/04/2007 12:15:57
Sorry Rui... I uploaded a bug fix but used Scared Stiff.zip instead of ScaredStiff.zip.  It's fixed now.  I tried to email you the other day and it came back saying "Can't find member Rui, Can't find member Trovatore, Can't find member Pires".

Well, Believe me or not, I just finished!

I did found few bugs though!

1) Room after green men:
If we wait too long to cross, those characters get stuck unto one place together, when trying crossing, I die but while trying accessing "load" option, the game crashed.

2) the room after the one with traps:
When using "walk" on next room before using that icon at right, floating lady come and the following bug shows up:

in room 16 script (line 23)

Error: RunDialog: Cannot run this command, since there is a NewRoom command already queued to run

Difficulte game alright!

theatrx

Thanks Phil.  The green men room was a nightmare to work on so I knew there would probably be a bug in it somewhere.    As far as the lady goes, I probably have to add another graphic variable.  I'll take a look at it tonight.  Thanks again for your help.  Did the other bugs get fixed in this fix? I think I got every one that you found. Steve

splat44

Quote from: theatrx on Thu 12/04/2007 23:29:08
Thanks Phil.  The green men room was a nightmare to work on so I knew there would probably be a bug in it somewhere.    As far as the lady goes, I probably have to add another graphic variable.  I'll take a look at it tonight.  Thanks again for your help.  Did the other bugs get fixed in this fix? I think I got every one that you found. Steve

Actually, I didn't found any bugs in room with green men but I did found they were coming in too quickly as to increase numbers.

Since you are still fairly new in creating game, I recommend having furthur game be fully beta tested before they are released. It will save time.

All other bug before latest fix have been dealt with as I far as I can see.

Ank

It looks like a good game but it has too many bugs for me to digest..  :-\

Ariadne

Impressive screenshot! I am going to download it right now!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk