Dr. Lutz and the Time Travel Machine

Started by Art, Thu 12/04/2007 20:33:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Art

Are you ready to find out what happened to the dinosaurs and their extinction?

Then join Dr. Abraham Lutz in his attempt to reach that long passed Jurassic Age using one of his inventions:The time travel machine.

Our Doctor is desperately trying to prove his own theories about why the big reptiles vanished from Earth 65 million years ago and at the same time, make a fool of one of his paleontologists colleagues. And the only way to do that is going to the Jurassic and checking by himself.

Of course, getting there wont be that easy as he thought. Honouring the lasting tradition of adventure games, our old Doctor is going to need a lot of help to bring his journey to a good end.

The story will take place in different spaces and times and will grab a laugh from you here and then (well, that is what I hope) given that the Doctor has a penchant for a cynical humour.

Screenshots

Download Installer

http://www.herculeaneffort.com/downloads/DrLutzTimeTravelMachine.exe

Enjoy!

Jon

I really like the graphics! Looks like a lot of fun, downloading now.

ManicMatt

SWEET ALABAMA PIE!

I can't play it just now though, rest assured I will though!

TassieDevil

Please note the page says that the size is 126MB, but it is only 12.6MB :)

I got worried, but I gave it go anyway. Now I am going to have a look at the game!

EDIT!!!! I was worried about 126MB, not 12.6MB; I got that under a minute !!!END-EDIT  :o

Fleshstalker

I love the graphic style in this. Can't wait till I download it later on after most people have reported any bugs. I'd really like to download it now, but this would take me about an hour and a half. I hate my modem.  :(

Nikolas

For 12.6 Mb????

Dial up is around 5-8 Kb per sec. That would be 50-80 per 10 secs and 0.3-0.5 MB per minute
you could download it in 15 minutes tops, unless mistaken of course, since Idon't know your modem...

I have downloaded it and will play it when I find time... :-/

Fleshstalker

All I ever get is 2.5 - 3kbps. I wished I could get 5-8. I get about 8-9MB an hour.

kehax

Nice  :D

When will the english version be released?

fentongames

Quote from: kehax on Fri 13/04/2007 09:41:44
When will the english version be released?

It is released. Just run the game under the Default translation setting.

I've been waiting for this game for a while. I really like the idea of Time Travel (which is what my own WIP game is about) and I'm looking forward to playing further! I really like the graphic style. :) Geoffkhan did the music didn't he?
Time Kid, coming this summer.

Buckethead

I remember seeing this in the production forums. So glad it's not abonned! I'll play it soon!

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

This is a really cute and very stylish game you've put together.  I'm curious though, is the music original or borrowed from something else, because it's catchy!

Gregjazz

Yup, I did the music. :)

And yes, there is an English version, I guess the default in the setup is the Italian translation.

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Dan_N

Err.... don't you think you used a bit more smileys than is humanly, and that your post is just a tinsy bit off-topic?

Jon

Quote from: argus on Fri 13/04/2007 19:12:02
when out
:) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o  and so on

If you read the first post you will see that the game is completed, which is why it is in the 'Completed Game Announcements' board :). There is a link at the top of the page.

Da_Elf

hey Pijin Pastrana. really cool game, the graphical style was a little weird at first without the outlines around characters or objects or anything to really define them but it was cool none the less

Jon

Quote from: argus on Fri 13/04/2007 19:34:02
What are you talking about?
You silly  := :'( :P 8)

What are you talking about? Please stop posting immaturely, like you have on all the other boards. Remember the minimum age is 16, if your not that age please post maturely or don't.

Joyce

Very good game, I just wished it was longer. Loved the humour!!

Bug? When I went back up to the kids room it said he returned the playing card but it was still in inventory.

Jon

I thought the game was very good as well, but I thought that it could have been longer - the ending was quite abrupt.

joelphilippage

I just finished it. Really fun game. The graphics were really good. I didn't like the ending though. Too sad. I guess my mags game had the mouse getting eaten by Cedric too.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk