Ideal age/Now mostly about Religion and Religious Upbringing

Started by Helm, Mon 16/04/2007 21:47:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Helm

Following on from the picture thread, is it right for a man of 25 to date a girl of 16?

I must admit that I don't know a lot of young girls that are mature to the point where I wouldn't feel it creepy to try to have my way with them (as a 23 year old), but I'm sure some exist. We've all heard of tales of 'dude, she totally looked 3 years older than she was!' and I am prepared to admit that this can happen.

Remember the rule: take your age, divide it by two (round up), add seven = minimum ethical age of courtship!!1
WINTERKILL

Nikolas

Quote from: Helm on Mon 16/04/2007 22:48:14
remember the rule: take your age, divide it by two (round up), add seven = minimum ethical age of courtship!!1
It seems a reasonable rule to me really...

so:

30/2=15+7 22! Not bad! 22 is a flower! 22 is...

ok honey I'm coming...

sorry got to go now

PS. 25/2=12+7=19. She's not far off ;) And she looks SO cute! Plus she doesn't look 13, but just cute!

Pesty

ACHTUNG FRANZ: Enjoy it with copper wine!

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes. - Douglas Adams

AGA

How old are you, Pesty? Are you a girl?!

Pesty

Quote from: AGA on Mon 16/04/2007 23:01:17
How old are you, Pesty? Are you a girl?!

I think it's safe to say now that I've been a member of this community for so long, that I've been lying about being a girl.

In reality I'm a genderless mind-flayer. Sorry to dash all your hopes.

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes. - Douglas Adams

Tuomas

I knew it! I bloody knew it! You posted those pics, and all the things you write. It was so obvious! And they wouldn't believe ¬¬

AGA

Quote from: Pesty on Mon 16/04/2007 23:03:06

How big are your tentacles?

Pesty

Quote from: AGA on Mon 16/04/2007 23:05:13
Quote from: Pesty on Mon 16/04/2007 23:03:06

How big are your tentacles?

Bigger than you can handle, mortal being.

Nikolas

Quote from: Pesty on Mon 16/04/2007 22:59:32
Nikolas, you're creepy.
ME???

Why?

It is the rule, I tell you! the rule!

Pesty

Quote from: Nikolas on Mon 16/04/2007 23:51:28
Quote from: Pesty on Mon 16/04/2007 22:59:32
Nikolas, you're creepy.
ME???

Why?

It is the rule, I tell you! the rule!

That one post is not the only thing that prompted my comment.

Nikolas

What else then? Now I'm curious???

If you feel akward feel free to PM me...

monkey0506

Nikolas...it's all those gay pr0n PMs you've been sending out to all the members. I wouldn't call it creepy, it's just annoying as hell.

:P

vict0r

17/2+7=15,5

15 is too young for me, man! :P

Aaaand I'll have to agree with Helm here. Although I know how old she is, she looks pretty young...

Tuomas

20/2 +7 ... = 17... that's too old for my taste. Actually it's great. But makes me just wonder.... 70/2+7=42 So here's yet another blondie marrying a senile dying millionaire.

Phemar

Quote from: vict0r on Tue 17/04/2007 09:44:59
17/2+7=15,5

15 is too young for me, man! :P

What you talking about? 15 is like the perfect age for me! (I'm 17 too btw)

ManicMatt

Uh.. anyway, she's 16.

A month ago I'd have told you that 18 is the youngest for me and I'd never date a 16 year old... then I met her.

Now I am happy. I have a wonderful girlfriend, a good job,  and I recently bought an X-box 360!  :D

Inkoddi

Helm

ManicMatt: She's 16, you're 25. That's 9 years of difference, and not when one is 50 and the one 41. Teen years are a delicate age, and girls in that bracket are best off socializing with people of equal age (no matter if many would protest at such a concept). Unless she's really mature that's kinda creepy, sorry to say. Think if you had a daughter her age dating someone who is 25.
WINTERKILL

Nikolas

as far as I know Matt, I wouldn't assume that he would take advantage of a girl. The guy didn't come for reference or advice, he came because he's ultra happy and I've never seen him like this. It's not our place to teach him... ;)

Helm, I do understand what you're saying perfectly and I do agree with you, but it's not my place to say anything really... (which could bring us to a whole different level of discussion but anyways)

Pesty

Helm is just expressing how he feels about the situation. I think between the two of them, Helm has come off as the more mature, especially since Matt inferred that he wanted to beat up Helm for simply making an observation.

I agree with Helm in this situation, a sixteen year old girl dating a 25 year old man is creepy at best. But the way we feel about it doesn't change anything. Matt can go ahead and date his teenage girl all he wants. It's technically not illegal. I just wonder how her parents feel about the relationship.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk