Ideal age/Now mostly about Religion and Religious Upbringing

Started by Helm, Mon 16/04/2007 21:47:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Meowster

Quote from: Helm on Wed 02/05/2007 22:58:57
I like how we run our christian questions by yodaman, it's like running them by a computer AI or something. You know what he'll say will be dumb and uninformed, but you still want to hear it because it's going to be dumb and uninformed.

yes precisely.

Khris

I've had my share of forum discussions, and from personal experience I can say that at this point it's useless to argue any further with SD/yodaman111111.

This discussion is about facts, not about different opinions, and so far Meowster has argued logically and reasonably, cornering SD more and more in the process.

He'll never admit that he has been proven wrong on several points now, instead he'll either flee the scene or desperately try to fight back with all he's got (nothing), making things up as he sees fit.

On one hand it's indeed fun to crush somebody with logic, but on the other hand it gets old soon, it's like playing chess against a retard.

MrColossal

Alright, enough with the personal attacks please.
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

Steel Drummer

Ah, a reply.

You refuse to answer my questions because you know you're wrong. Full stop.

You know it's not right to murder a woman for being raped.

You know it's not right to kill babies and children for no reason.

So you're going to pretend you just want to stop arguing.

Well done.

I'm not making a fool of myself, Steel Drummer. I've arguing my points well, quoting scripture in my defence.

you're making a fool of yourself by claiming that it's okay to force a woman to marry her rapist.

You haven't said countless times that "you have your view, I have mine".

You have shown a lack of knowledge of the Bible and of your own faith, even in doing things such as condemning polygamy in one thread and then (presumably since you don't disagree with god) condoning it in the next. And saying that a woman should be stoned for being a rape victim! Disgusting. A truly good christian would never, ever condone such a thing.

You have made a fool of yourself. Probably even in the eyes of other Christians... if I was a christian I would be embarrassed at your weak and uneducated attempts to defend the bible.

Since you blatently refuse to answer my last few questions, I'll assume you've given up and are hopefully questioning your faith in a sick and perverted god.

Additionally, I haven't been "told" to stop. If you look, you'll see that the only people who have advised me to stop, are advising me because it's pointless arguing with you - it's like arguing with a 14 year old boy. I simply cannot believe that you're the father of a child.

Furthermore, I'm amazed that you're "hanging out" with a forum full of such non-believers. Surely the Bible shows that you should not associate yourself with non-believers? In fact, doesn't god himself say that if there are one or two non-believers in a villager, that village should be burned, the women children and men killed, and the livestock too? Why would you choose to associate yourself with so many non-believers when you YOURSELF know the risks? And how much God hates it?

The fact that you refuse to see that 99% of people in this thread are incredulous at YOUR perverse behaviour, is amazing. That you think 99% of people don't want you to shut up, shows the side of you that allows you to be blinded by organised religion. The side of you that can completely shut out the truth and reality, even when it is so blindingly obvious. The part of you that can tell yourself it is okay to stone a rape victim to death.

You know if your child ever misbehaves or becomes drunk, you are required by god to stone him to death? Deuteronomy 21:18

I'll be holding you to that.

You assume too much. I don't want to argue any more, not because I have nothing to say, but because your arguments are made mainly by Bible verses taken out of context, or blatant statements that you never even thought about before posting. I know you may say that I make blatant statements as well, but I never have taken anything out of context, and I haven't made numerous personal attacks, like you guys have. The argument's over, so why don't you act like the adults you are, and forget about it, rather than unleashing more pointless insults upon me.
I'm composing the music for this game:

deadsuperhero

If I may be so bold...
SD, please stop. Yufster, please also stop. At least for a moment.
You all are digging way too deep into religion. Everybody is taking old passages, and assuming that Christians are blind, narrowviewed people. Yet no one has brought up Christ. Forget the disturbing rituals. Jesus died so that those practices didn't have to happen anymore.
Christianity is about FAITH. Not ceremony.
SD, you need to be a better example. The only way you can get people to love you is to love them.
Peace ;)
The fediverse needs great indie game developers! Find me there!

Steel Drummer

SD, please stop. Yufster, please also stop. At least for a moment.
Take out the 'at least for a moment' part, and I'll be satisfied. Why don't we just stop- period.
I'm composing the music for this game:

scotch

Alright then...
DING DING DING!

The final round has ended. As usual, everybody lost. See you all in next year's religion thread...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk