Laundry Day

Started by Ogre, Sun 08/06/2008 05:04:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Ogre

Hey, this is a short little game I made with AGS.  Let me know what you think, if the response is good enough here I'll post it to the main site.  But I want to make sure it's up to par before I put it on the website... don't want things getting too cluttered.

Give me any comments and criticism you have.

CLICK IMAGE TO DOWNLOAD GAME NOW

CLICK IMAGE TO DOWNLOAD GAME NOW

Leon

Congratulations with this one.

Nice game. good puzzle building. Like you said, short, but that's ok.
The opening tune is nice but the one during the game gets boring.
The graphics are small. It becomes pixelhunting and that's not necessary because there's a lot of empty space. Try to zoom  in on it and make everything a bit bigger. I always thought these dorm rooms were too small and you never could fit your stuff in but in yours it's a luxury ;-). The graphics as they are now (not the pixels I mean) are alright. The characters are good, furniture is ok, except for the perspective. On some objects they don't match.

Because there aren't many objects I expected them to be interactive. But a lot is not (the mat, the bed, bedside table etc). That makes the puzzles easier.

But overall I had a few minutes of fun. I can see this as a part of a bigger story.

Well done.
Ultimate Game Solutions - Because there is a solution for everything

Ogre

Thanks, I am okay with it as my first completed game, I can certainly see how I need to add more interactions, I will do any suggested updates before I(IF I) put it on the actual page.

BTW, anyone who posts on this page, let me know if this should go on the AGS games page or not?

wavigravi

yep i think u should definately put it on the main page its really good especially for a first game, totally enjoyed it tho it coulda been longer its nice the way it is

Leon

I think you should put it in the DB allright. And don't change anything but keep it for a future project. The game is fine as it is but there were just the things I noticed.

SSH

Yes, put it up. You can always update to a better version after you've added it to the DB, too.

saluk

Really nice game!  I love these short and sweet games, because if I ever have 30-60 minutes free and feel like playing a game, I can feel like I really accomplished something.  As the first guy said though, those dorm rooms are the best ever, so HUGE!  Never seen one even close to that size.

The puzzles were near perfect in my opinion.  Some were a little tired (how 2 open the neigbors door) but it worked as a whole package.  My favorite was how 2 get the code, and what it's for.

Ogre

Quote from: saluk on Tue 17/06/2008 05:50:50
Really nice game!  I love these short and sweet games, because if I ever have 30-60 minutes free and feel like playing a game, I can feel like I really accomplished something.  As the first guy said though, those dorm rooms are the best ever, so HUGE!  Never seen one even close to that size.

The puzzles were near perfect in my opinion.  Some were a little tired (how 2 open the neigbors door) but it worked as a whole package.  My favorite was how 2 get the code, and what it's for.

Thanks! your compliments are all that is fueling me.

Alarconte

Really in the first puzzle I can't pass xD (distract the boy...) but I only played once xD

When finish the last work to the university (tomorrow) i will continue playing ^^
"Tiny pixelated boobies are the heart and soul of Castlevania"

Galactic Battlefare Capital Choice Part 1 , finished, releasing soon
GBF CC Part 2, WIP

LRH

Fun stuff! Im stuck on the part in the friend's room, I dunno how to crack the safe o.o

Ok im really stuck, how is it done? o.o

Leon

Were you any good at maths? Read all about it on the notice board in the hall. That should nail it.

Buckethead

I've started playing this and it's a funny little game.

What I would like to see for your next game is:

- getting some more usefull feedback on your actions. And some better discriptions. Too many things said "nothing happened" and some items didnt have a discription.

- lots of puzzles (so far) were:  get an item and use it on something. Try to be a little more creative.

I thought the grahics were nice. As already been mentioned the rooms where way too big. What might have been a good idea is to have had Chris' room and his room beside it in game room. If you know what I mean.

but for the rest the gfx were cute, so keep it up.  :)

Ogre

Okay, it's added to the games database.

Thanks for all the feedback.

Alarconte
Did you get past the Crazy Ex boyfriend yet?

Domithan
How's the safe cracking coming?

Thanks for playing everyone.

LRH

All set, finished it all, fun game! Good job. As a fellow newbie, I understand your hardships and I thought your game was terrific.

someonemos

nice little game!you could crop the dorm rooms to a smaller size and keep the image at center of the screen----- without scaling it as Leon said but rather  surrounded by a black area (kind of like Quest for gLORY bedroom, if you ever played one)

anyway, can get past the safe code puzzle.... I have the calcultor and I guess that's the key to all but...... can't seem to proceed.heeeelp

Leon

Read reply #10....

someonemos

still don't get it....  ???

Leon

Spoiler
There's a memo on the bulletin board in the hall on the left. The lower right message has a pin in a strange place. Take the pin so you can turn the paper and read the back... take it from there.
[close]

someonemos

thanks....finished! ;D

this is great for a first game
funny ending too

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk