Sydney Treads the Catwalk

Started by iSTVAN, Sat 28/04/2007 07:39:29

Previous topic - Next topic

iSTVAN

Sydney Treads the Catwalk

Sydney, a bum turned star, finds his new career in the media has hit a hiccup when his television show doesn't receive the ratings it expected. Keith Corps (head of Business Corps) warns Syd that if he can't even compete with the fashion channel he'll be forced to axe the show and throw the lovable tramp back on to the streets.

After stumbling onto a string of suspicious accidents within the fashion industry Sydney and his friends uncover a mystery that could cost them their lives or worse- their limbs!

Credits
--------
Ivan Dixon (aka iSTVAN): Story, graphics, coding
Steve Larabie (aka pixelblink): Music

Story_____________________100%
Puzzles____________________100%
Background graphics__________100%
Character graphics____________100%
Coding_____________________100%
Music and sound______________50%

/updated 25th of January 2008

PS. Thank you to all those who played and enjoyed the first game. I hope I can address the mistakes that I made in Sydney Finds Employment and create another fun game for y'all.

For more stuff, visit my website.

Fleshstalker

Oh yea! First game was great for the few minutes I tested it out and liked it a lot. I need to get playing it fully. The sequel looks fantastic. I cannot wait for this one!  ;D

Peder 🚀

This is looking really good Ivan!

I never got to play the first game fully so I will have to do that one day!
Then when this is done I will play this aswell :P.

marlamoe

I played the first game and it was fantabulous.  I am SO excited about the new game.

Buckethead

First game was great and I expect this game will be even better. Good luck with the production! Can't wait  :D

iSTVAN

Thanks for all the encouraging words so far, people.

I've drawn two new backgrounds and two new characters since the first post. The coding has also progressed.

I suspect this game will take a lot longer than the first because there will be multiple playable characters according to where you're at in the story. It's also broken up into four different acts, but that's all I'll say on the matter.

Snarky

The first game was really quite cool, so I look forward to the sequel. Among areas for improvement, I would say polishing up some of the interactions should be a priority. I seem to remember that in the first game there were a lot of actions that didn't have any feedback associated with them, and some messages that should have changed depending on where you were in the game but didn't. If you keep up the off-the-wall humor, excellent graphics and deep puzzles, and raise the bar on the production side, this could be a new favorite. Keep up the good work!

iSTVAN

Thanks for the constructive comment Snarky.

And you're right. I've been working really hard this time round to include as many original reactions to different actions. It doesn't take much of my time to do so, and it improves the sense of immersion instantly. Particularly using items on other characters. But I like to include a lot of hotspots in the rooms, so that the answers aren't always obvious. So I've got to find a balance somewhere.

Thanks again.

Play_Pretend

Woohoo!  I can't wait to see this game!  I loved the first Sydney game.  It made my future prospects as a homeless person much more palatable. :)

ManicMatt

I agree with Snarky!

I did enjoy the first game, it had a lot of charm! I think it's one of the twenty or so AGS games that stayed on my hard drive.  :)

Stupot

Yay Sydneys back!!  I cant wait for this.  Is it going to be longer or than the first?

Don't rush for our sakes.  I hope the soundtrack is as good as the first one aswell... That has to be one of my favourite soundtracks for an AGS game.

thewalrus

I also have to get around to finishing the first game as well. I got a lot on my plate lately.  But I look forward to the sequel. Good luck!!!

Thewalrus

Goo, goo, ga, joob!!!

"Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come!"

iSTVAN

Thank you all for such a welcoming response.

In answer to Stupot's question:
The game is going to be slightly longer than the first one. Unlike SFE, it will be broken up into four different acts, so it will just be a different structure. It's more narrative driven, I guess. I'm trying to make the series evolve naturally as I get better at puzzles and stories.

The soundtrack will again be made by Pixel Blink. We might take a different approuch to it, in terms of how many songs we use, but the style will still be the same. I am pleased that you appreciate all the work PB put into the game.

Thanks again.

On an update, all twelve of the backgrounds have been drawn!

CosmoQueen

YAY Sydney's back!!! I absolutly loved the first one so I can't wait to get to play this! ;D I'm so excited!!!
KPop and AGS....................that is my life.

pixelblink

Quote from: Stupot on Thu 03/05/2007 13:33:24I hope the soundtrack is as good as the first one aswell... That has to be one of my favourite soundtracks for an AGS game.

Way to stroke my ego! Yay! I'm ecstatic that you enjoyed the music as much as I did making it.
I am super stoked to be working with Ivan again on the sequel and hope we continue to do more games in the future together.

You can also check out the music for the game as well as some others at my SoundClick page

iSTVAN

Your deserve to have your ego stroked twice daily PB! It's rare that an indie game gets an original soundtrack, let alone one that is both uniquely suited to the game and brilliant as a stand alone body of work.

And thanks cosmoqueen, I really appreciate such positive feedback!

gypsysnail

Wow Ivan!!!!!! Another game by you, I love your games and really cant wait to download and play this game! :)
Believe in afterlife! It's true in a metamorphical way ;)
Ken & Roberta - my inspiration!! 20 years.
U are what you love doing and passionate about - keep up what you love most.

iSTVAN

Sorry for neglecting the thread, and for bumping it now. I do have good reason though...

Story_____________________100%
Puzzles____________________100%
Background graphics__________100%
Character graphics____________90%
Coding_____________________40%
Music and sound______________0%

But my main reason for bumping is because I have a question. I'm currently tossing up whether or not to do the whole game with voice acting. So my question is:

Would you prefer waiting for the game with voices or have it sooner without?

CosmoQueen

Well that's a hard question because I do love it when a game has voices like in Laura Bow or the Ben Jordan 1 remake.

It's nice to have but not nessecary. And if it's too much work for ya then don't worry about it ;D
KPop and AGS....................that is my life.

Steel Drummer

Why not release the game and add the voice pack afterwards? That's what most games have. Then, if someone dislikes having voices in a game, they can have a version without them.
I'm composing the music for this game:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk