I-AM-NOOB-IN-3D

Started by drozle, Fri 04/05/2007 14:33:59

Previous topic - Next topic

drozle

Hey everyone.All of you(mabye most) know game lineage 2.When I have played it first time I loved it.Now,I wan't to create somethin' like it in AGS.I downloaded plugins to make 3d chars,have milkshape,adobe photoshop,but first thing is:I don't even know anout scripting(mabye just GUI and dialogs)but that not eought.Can someone write link to tutorial where I can do 3d rpg's with AGS in ease,or a free programs.I know just Realm Crafter but you have to pay for it.That's all.Please gimme a reply.

Akatosh

You may want to rethink that. 3D is an enormous amount of work, and so are RPGs (even simple Korea Grinders). My advice: Get used a bit to scripting first, and then try and dig around in the archive for help threads (I fear I posted in most that involve RPGs  :P)

Ashen

What exactly are you asking for help with? Milkshape and photoshop, etc, aren't AGS, so questions about them don't belong here.

3D is very hard to do in AGS, although sort-of possble. There's the AGS3D Module & lugin and the Character 3D plugin. Their announcement threads would be the appropriate place to ask for help about them, not here.

Beyond that, making a 3D RPG in AGS would be much the same as a 2D one - check the Can I make an RPG in AGS? thread for some hints.

And Akatosh is right, it'll be a whole lot of work. You might be better looking for a 3D RPG engine - and agian, this is the wrong forum for that. General Discussion or Google would be more use.
I know what you're thinking ... Don't think that.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk