Animations

Started by mirage, Sat 05/05/2007 10:37:18

Previous topic - Next topic

mirage

Ive just started using ags and id like to know how to create an intro using ags. Sort of like 7 days a sceptic? Is there anyone who can help me? THE MADNESS MUST STOP!!! Ah my brain is dying. No but seriously please help. If YOU help me your name will be in my credits. Thanks

MIRAGE

SinSin

ok dokey there are a number of different ways the most popular are through ags and Flash
Lets be basic and do the AGS one ok
1 create your character\s   (for a tutorial use 1 character.  you can learn how to get more characters in the room by rtm)
2 Create a background
3 in the ags character setting make sure that your character starts in the room that you want it to start in eg if your intro room is named room1.crm make sure that your character starts in room 1 see below

set the x,y coords so that your character is in position in coordination with your background (if you dont know what x and y coords are RTFM)

4 Once you have done that go to your room settings panel
5 click the interactions button

6 double Click the flag that says first time that player enters room
7 Choose an option, In this case choose Character - Move charater  (take time in reading all the various options as there is alot and could spawn new ideas for puzzles etc )
8 Enter  the destination coords in the relevant sections once you have done this save the game in its current state and click   file--> test game

The game will run what you have told it to do to exit the test hit Alt and f4

Currently working on a project!

Ashen

This is also covered in the BFAQ. Basically, as Sinsin said in a round about way, CODE IT by moving and animating Characters, Objects, etc.
Now if you have any questions about using specific commands - and you can't find answers in the Manual, BFAQ or on the forums - PM m and I'll reopen this thread.
I know what you're thinking ... Don't think that.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk