Who Sent Me To Oblivion

Started by jane, Mon 21/05/2007 10:53:45

Previous topic - Next topic

jane

I'm having a prob with loading this game - running on my laptop I usually have to change settings due to grapic card.  Usually without problem but eveytime I try to open winsetup file its coming up with - 'unable to launch test5.exe - make sure that the file is in the same directory as this set up program' - anyone advise me on what this means please?

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

The gamemaker did a common newbie mistake - he manually renamed his game after completion.

Just rename the .exe file to "text5.exe", and everything should be allright.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Gilbert

Just rename the game's executable to test5.exe or read this article.

Also, you need to post this in that game's own thread, not starting a new one (I bet it's just an accident). However I couldn't find this game's thread searching in this forum, I bet you're refering to this?

Edit:Redrum beats me to that, but I'll post anyway.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Gilbot, from what I recall, the game refers to itself as "who sent me to oblivion".

I never had the patience to figure it out for myself. In my hard drive, I call it what it calls itself. Still, I also bet it was an accident - if a mod could please merge the two topics?

Kneel. Now.

Gilbert

Well, there's no forum thread  to "who sent me to oblivion" as I mentioned, but there's one such entry in the game database. However, comparing the screenshots with the forum thread I had mentioned I bet they're the same game.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Yeah, Avadon and Oblivion. Open the Avadon game, and find it refers to itself as Oblivion.

Kneel. Now.

Nostradamus

Avadon is Hebrew for Oblivion.
When I announced the re-upload of the English version of the game I didn't want to start a new thread over it cos a thread already existed.
As said earlier, if you rename the exe file to test5.exe the setup will work.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk