Trevor Daison in outer space - Chapter one V1.11

Started by Knoodn, Wed 23/05/2007 01:53:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Knoodn

Welcome to outer space.

Chapter one - Trouble on Persicron IV

Help Trevor Daison to escape from his space station.
And let the real adventure begin . . .

features:

modern apartments:

forward-looking and useful equipment:

640x480 Resolution
German, English and Universa language

Download Chapter One v1.11b Here

edit:
New Download. Now the game starts in English. Readme file with game instructions.

edit:
New Download. Now in corrected English. Thanks to Hudders.

edit:
New Download. Version 1.11. Pressing [Ctrl] + [P] to show extra-score GUI.

i k a r i

It looks great!  :D    ;D

I'll give it a try...and edit this post later.

EDIT:

It was VERY fun from beginning to end, Im waiting for more  ;D
The only "negative" thing I could find, is the animations, the first moment I saw the game in action I thought "great graphics" but when I saw the walkcycle it was a bit of a letdown. Everything else is very good.
QuoteWell, one think is not liking him, and the other is making humour of the retarder people!
Nacho speaking of Bush.

Fee

Looks great.. ill give it a shot when i get time :D

Nikolas

It looks very well made! One of those underground games that suddently come out of the darkness! YAY for that!

I just downloaded the game and will post again later, since this is what all posters here seem to be doing. ;D No, really I will...

(Could you find alternative hosting, 3 pop-ups? 3? But then again it's fast and I did get the game. Makes sense after all...)

Jon

Jon

Read the first post, there's a link towards the bottom.

CosmoQueen

Screenies look great! Downloading now...........
KPop and AGS....................that is my life.

piperhcombs

The file doesn't seem to be there anymore. I get an error when I try to download that says that the file doesn't exist on their server.
:cheers: + :claps:

Temperance&Booth  Sydney&Vaughn  Nadia&Weiss

Hudders

Quote from: piperhcombs on Thu 24/05/2007 00:14:04
The file doesn't seem to be there anymore. I get an error when I try to download that says that the file doesn't exist on their server.
I just downloaded it not two seconds ago.

I've played the game, and it looks *really* good. Animation is sweet, I love the cursors.

Only problem is, all the dialogue is in German and despite four years of lessons at school, I'm not too hot on it nowadays!
EDIT: Ahhhh! So that's how you change the language!!!

It's also very difficult to quit. Through trial and error the only way I managed it was to hit "F11" for "Restart? Y/N" which mercifully took me back to the main menu where I was able to press "Quit". Some option in-game would be nice. As would some kind of indication of how to reach the save, load and restart screens without the user having to try every F key in desperation!

Candle

not hard to quit. just click the PDA and click quit.
game is nice, few spelling errors but no biggie.
I'm stuck but what else is new. lol

Hudders

Quote from: Candle on Thu 24/05/2007 04:15:30
not hard to quit. just click the PDA and click quit.
game is nice, few spelling errors but no biggie.
I'm stuck but what else is new. lol
What PDA?  :-\

Really good game. Graphics are fantastic. What does the extra score at the end mean? If it's not 100 percent, that means I didn't do something?

PDA is at the top left of the screen.

Knoodn

Hi there,

thanks for downloading and playing my game.

there are some key codes for the game options:

F1 . . . Info
F5 . . . Save
F7 . . . Restore
F9 . . . Restart
Space . . . Pause
[Ctrl] + Q / [Ctrl] + C . . . Quit

Sorry for that, but these things are described in the german manual. I hadn't time to translate it.

You can do things not really essential for ending the game and then you get extra score.

Nostradamus

I liked the style of this game. Nice little plot, good style of puzzles and graphics. Puzzles' difficulty level is just about right. Nice dialogue with the computer. I especially liked the inventory gizmo. Nice map too and I loved the easter eggs such as
Spoiler
the Sam & Max and DOTT dolls in the closet and the computer playing Pong
[close]

I certainly enjoyed the game and will be waiting for the sequel (hopefully sequels). Hopefully they will be longer too. The end leaves you wanting to see how it continues (people who didn't finish the game, don't read the hidden text)
Spoiler
so the clone is evil huh
[close]

Things that should change:
1) English should always be the default language. The majority of the people who download your game don't speak German, but they all speak English. Thus the installer should be in English - it's not hard to use even in german, but it's friendlier - and more importantly the default language of the game should be English. It's really annoying to start a game then have to quit it and run setup and choose English. Since most people will want to play it in English that should be the default language.

2) The English translation was fairly good but there were some really embrassing mistakes in it. You should use someone who's excellent in English to proof read your text.

Hudders

Quote from: Guest on Thu 24/05/2007 09:33:36
PDA is at the top left of the screen.
OK, I played it again. The PDA is only in the top left when you pick it up. I didn't pick it up the first time, so hence couldn't use it.

Quote from: Nostradamus on Thu 24/05/2007 19:09:54
2) The English translation was fairly good but there were some really embrassing mistakes in it. You should use someone who's excellent in English to proof read your text.
I agree. There's some quite obvious mistakes. Not bad for someone who doesn't speak English as their first language though.

Candle

first rule of adventure games
pick everything up!

Hudders

Quote from: Candle on Thu 24/05/2007 23:31:52
pick everything up!
Not if you get into the game, realise everything is in German and then try and quit out to change the language!

Personally, I'm not going to pick anything up until I'm in my native language and can understand what's happening. Clicking through the dialogue with the computer was especially frustrating since I had no way of knowing which option to click on.

Once I got it into English, I found it to be a really good game. It's just the German that threw me.

Peder 🚀

You have put together a good looking game!
I am still playing it :P.

For those who dont like the host, pop ups etc I am hosting the game here:
http://www.sonsofgaia.net/AGS/trevordaisonenglish.rar

Candle

Quote from: Hudders on Fri 25/05/2007 08:42:36
Quote from: Candle on Thu 24/05/2007 23:31:52
pick everything up!
Not if you get into the game, realise everything is in German and then try and quit out to change the language!

Personally, I'm not going to pick anything up until I'm in my native language and can understand what's happening. Clicking through the dialogue with the computer was especially frustrating since I had no way of knowing which option to click on.

Once I got it into English, I found it to be a really good game. It's just the German that threw me.
To each his own grasshopper.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk