Trevor Daison in outer space - Chapter one V1.11

Started by Knoodn, Wed 23/05/2007 01:53:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Knoodn

Welcome to outer space.

Chapter one - Trouble on Persicron IV

Help Trevor Daison to escape from his space station.
And let the real adventure begin . . .

features:

modern apartments:

forward-looking and useful equipment:

640x480 Resolution
German, English and Universa language

Download Chapter One v1.11b Here

edit:
New Download. Now the game starts in English. Readme file with game instructions.

edit:
New Download. Now in corrected English. Thanks to Hudders.

edit:
New Download. Version 1.11. Pressing [Ctrl] + [P] to show extra-score GUI.

i k a r i

It looks great!  :D    ;D

I'll give it a try...and edit this post later.

EDIT:

It was VERY fun from beginning to end, Im waiting for more  ;D
The only "negative" thing I could find, is the animations, the first moment I saw the game in action I thought "great graphics" but when I saw the walkcycle it was a bit of a letdown. Everything else is very good.
QuoteWell, one think is not liking him, and the other is making humour of the retarder people!
Nacho speaking of Bush.

Fee

Looks great.. ill give it a shot when i get time :D

Nikolas

It looks very well made! One of those underground games that suddently come out of the darkness! YAY for that!

I just downloaded the game and will post again later, since this is what all posters here seem to be doing. ;D No, really I will...

(Could you find alternative hosting, 3 pop-ups? 3? But then again it's fast and I did get the game. Makes sense after all...)

Jon

Jon

Read the first post, there's a link towards the bottom.

CosmoQueen

Screenies look great! Downloading now...........
KPop and AGS....................that is my life.

piperhcombs

The file doesn't seem to be there anymore. I get an error when I try to download that says that the file doesn't exist on their server.
:cheers: + :claps:

Temperance&Booth  Sydney&Vaughn  Nadia&Weiss

Hudders

Quote from: piperhcombs on Thu 24/05/2007 00:14:04
The file doesn't seem to be there anymore. I get an error when I try to download that says that the file doesn't exist on their server.
I just downloaded it not two seconds ago.

I've played the game, and it looks *really* good. Animation is sweet, I love the cursors.

Only problem is, all the dialogue is in German and despite four years of lessons at school, I'm not too hot on it nowadays!
EDIT: Ahhhh! So that's how you change the language!!!

It's also very difficult to quit. Through trial and error the only way I managed it was to hit "F11" for "Restart? Y/N" which mercifully took me back to the main menu where I was able to press "Quit". Some option in-game would be nice. As would some kind of indication of how to reach the save, load and restart screens without the user having to try every F key in desperation!

Candle

not hard to quit. just click the PDA and click quit.
game is nice, few spelling errors but no biggie.
I'm stuck but what else is new. lol

Hudders

Quote from: Candle on Thu 24/05/2007 04:15:30
not hard to quit. just click the PDA and click quit.
game is nice, few spelling errors but no biggie.
I'm stuck but what else is new. lol
What PDA?  :-\

Really good game. Graphics are fantastic. What does the extra score at the end mean? If it's not 100 percent, that means I didn't do something?

PDA is at the top left of the screen.

Knoodn

Hi there,

thanks for downloading and playing my game.

there are some key codes for the game options:

F1 . . . Info
F5 . . . Save
F7 . . . Restore
F9 . . . Restart
Space . . . Pause
[Ctrl] + Q / [Ctrl] + C . . . Quit

Sorry for that, but these things are described in the german manual. I hadn't time to translate it.

You can do things not really essential for ending the game and then you get extra score.

Nostradamus

I liked the style of this game. Nice little plot, good style of puzzles and graphics. Puzzles' difficulty level is just about right. Nice dialogue with the computer. I especially liked the inventory gizmo. Nice map too and I loved the easter eggs such as
Spoiler
the Sam & Max and DOTT dolls in the closet and the computer playing Pong
[close]

I certainly enjoyed the game and will be waiting for the sequel (hopefully sequels). Hopefully they will be longer too. The end leaves you wanting to see how it continues (people who didn't finish the game, don't read the hidden text)
Spoiler
so the clone is evil huh
[close]

Things that should change:
1) English should always be the default language. The majority of the people who download your game don't speak German, but they all speak English. Thus the installer should be in English - it's not hard to use even in german, but it's friendlier - and more importantly the default language of the game should be English. It's really annoying to start a game then have to quit it and run setup and choose English. Since most people will want to play it in English that should be the default language.

2) The English translation was fairly good but there were some really embrassing mistakes in it. You should use someone who's excellent in English to proof read your text.

Hudders

Quote from: Guest on Thu 24/05/2007 09:33:36
PDA is at the top left of the screen.
OK, I played it again. The PDA is only in the top left when you pick it up. I didn't pick it up the first time, so hence couldn't use it.

Quote from: Nostradamus on Thu 24/05/2007 19:09:54
2) The English translation was fairly good but there were some really embrassing mistakes in it. You should use someone who's excellent in English to proof read your text.
I agree. There's some quite obvious mistakes. Not bad for someone who doesn't speak English as their first language though.

Candle

first rule of adventure games
pick everything up!

Hudders

Quote from: Candle on Thu 24/05/2007 23:31:52
pick everything up!
Not if you get into the game, realise everything is in German and then try and quit out to change the language!

Personally, I'm not going to pick anything up until I'm in my native language and can understand what's happening. Clicking through the dialogue with the computer was especially frustrating since I had no way of knowing which option to click on.

Once I got it into English, I found it to be a really good game. It's just the German that threw me.

Peder 🚀

You have put together a good looking game!
I am still playing it :P.

For those who dont like the host, pop ups etc I am hosting the game here:
http://www.sonsofgaia.net/AGS/trevordaisonenglish.rar

Candle

Quote from: Hudders on Fri 25/05/2007 08:42:36
Quote from: Candle on Thu 24/05/2007 23:31:52
pick everything up!
Not if you get into the game, realise everything is in German and then try and quit out to change the language!

Personally, I'm not going to pick anything up until I'm in my native language and can understand what's happening. Clicking through the dialogue with the computer was especially frustrating since I had no way of knowing which option to click on.

Once I got it into English, I found it to be a really good game. It's just the German that threw me.
To each his own grasshopper.

Fee

very nice game, just finished it, tho i git stuck with
Spoiler
greasing the toolbox
[close]
a lil short, id rather you released all chapters in 1 game. It was kind of a let down for it to finish so quick.

Knoodn

See the first post.
New version is aviable. Download host without pop-ups.
It's a corrected English version made by Hudders. Thanks. Thanks. Thanks.

ThreeOhFour

Nice game - stylish graphics, cool concept, especially the placing yourself in the PDA (reminds me of a certain puzzle in the second Apprentice).

Puzzles all made perfect sense (+ points for that).

Looking forward to seeing some more stuff from you.

(Oh, and I liked the little game of pong on that computer screen in the last scene)

mr.me

paolo

Beautiful, elegant graphics; puzzles pitched at the right level; and a fun, original storyline. Please, please, please add it to "Recently added games" so that we can all vote on it!

PS: I'm sure someone must have asked this somewhere before, but I can't find it anywhere: how do you nominate a game to be pick of the month? This one deserves to be July's.

Groogokk

Quote from: paolo on Wed 13/06/2007 13:00:51
PS: I'm sure someone must have asked this somewhere before, but I can't find it anywhere: how do you nominate a game to be pick of the month? This one deserves to be July's.

I've been looking for something like that too (for months) because I wanted to nominate "Nelly Cootalot". I'll immediately second "Trevor Daison" as well - it's a great game, with hilarious cutscenes and dialogues and great graphics.

Eva

Wonderful game - logical (very unusual), which meant that I didn't have to use a walkthrough or similar but to think about what needed to be done and to look around and get all the stufff built-in, this is something I miss in other games.

I'll be waiting for the next part.

Well done!

paolo

Great, thanks for adding it to Recently Added Games - I'm off to give the first review!

paolo

OK, review written.

I've posted a thread asking how to nominate Picks of the Month:

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=31564.new#new

Hopefully someone will tell us (even if it's just "You can't - X does it").

paolo

OK, I've had a reply, and it's "You can't, SSH chooses them."

I wouldn't dream of suggesting a mass bombardment of SSH's message box (which has a link to it at http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?action=profile;u=668 should you need it for any reason) with requests to make "Trevor Daison in Outer Space" the next Pick of the Month. If that were to happen, I couldn't possibly condone it. :)

Nolon

SuperDre

Just one question, as it says 'Chapter one', does it mean that it's the first chapter of a full game, or that it's just like KQ1 (the first of many games). I hate to start an adventure and only to find out that it doesn't have a conclusion..

Knoodn

Hey folks,

thanks again for playing this game.

for me it's very simple to get 100%, because I know what to do ;D.
But also you can get up to 200% :P.
just do a lot of little things ???.

Yes, this is the first chapter of a full game. I've planed five chapters. a big FATAL story.
I'm working on chapter two right now.

Groogokk

Can we have just a tiny hint, please?  :-[

Knoodn

tiny hints:

-pick up everything
-talk with everybody/everything
-try to use everything with everything
-try to interact with everything
-pick up everything again

that's all . . .

Global Lint

My God... Trevor Daison looks just like my science teacher, Mr. Windsor... o_O;

I'm downloading your game... it looketh so cool!

EDIT:  Just finished... loved it!  It was really cute!  ^.^
Spaz ate the dopefish.

Knoodn

There is a new download. TrevorDaisonChapterOneV1.11.rar

For all the guys who want to know, witch events trigger extra-score.
Press [Ctrl]+[P] for show/hide a extra-score-GUI.
Remember: you can get 200% extra-score.

Also:
some minor bugs fixed.
and now GUIs with anti-aliasing edges.

Fyntax

Abit short but a really good game... very nicely done.

dunnoson

Quote from: Peder Johnsen on Fri 25/05/2007 19:25:38
You have put together a good looking game!
I am still playing it :P.

For those who dont like the host, pop ups etc I am hosting the game here:
http://www.sonsofgaia.net/AGS/trevordaisonenglish.rar

Thank you for the link, and I already PM'd him, and I offered my help.

I am learning with AGS engine, so I can make my first game called "CSI: The Newbie Factor"
currently working on:

I am in the Brainstorming stage.  Also am trying to gather a team.
I am committing to this game.

Thinking about creating another game, NCIS themed.

cosmicr

hey very nice game. well thought out and excellent graphics, however the only crit I have is the lack of music, leaving some parts (eg, the intro) feeling unfinished. otherwise, one of the best games of this year!

Knoodn

cosmicr:
Thank you. Yes I know this with the music. I'm not the best musican so I decided to make just these forbidden-planet-like backround sound. But you are right the intro could need a good theme. I'll do this the next chapters.

Alusa

Hi,can is there Tips for Game..i m stucked..cant combine anything with anything,cant open boxes..wat to do ?????? plz help.. ??? ??? ??? ???

Alusa

I also have the disruptor, the broken stick, the suit, a pot from the storeroom and a flyer.But nothing i can do wioth it...may be i download not RIGHT vertion?plz help.. ::) ::) ::)

Alusa

:(Never mind..i delete Game as far as NO HELP....thanks...  :( :( :( :( :( :(

SSH

Nice of you to wait less that 48 hours. Did you even check the Hints and Tips forum?

Afflict

LOL at these guys :P

Going to play the game now.

Edit : This game was pretty cool. I enjoyed it looking forward to the sequel.

The download link isn't working for me.  Anyone else have this problem?  Is there a mirror somewhere?

Stee

Yeah link isnt working, I'd be happy to mirror it if anyone has the original file
<Babar> do me, do me, do me! :D
<ProgZMax> I got an idea - I reached in my pocket and pulled out my Galen. <timofonic2> Maybe I'm a bit gay, enough for do multitask and being romantical

Indie Boy

I wish I downloaded this when I had the chance to. It looks good.

Edit: I just downloaded and completed it :D Great game and nice humor. Can't wait for chapter 2! Oh I only got 71% extra score so I might need to replay this later on this week.
I won't use this login.
Try IndieBoy instead

Knoodn

Sorry guys, had a lot to work last days.
I renewed the download link. now it works again.

just download it Here and have fun.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk