Secrets of Sultan Kanuni 2

Started by proximity, Thu 31/05/2007 17:35:20

Previous topic - Next topic

proximity

I've finally completed the game. I tried not to make first game's mistakes. I hope you will like it

Technical Features:

* 800*600 32 bit graphics
   * Highly animated characters

Gameplay is classic Sierra style. You can change commands by right click or mousewheel. When you scroll to up side of screen , you will access inventory window.

Download link: http://sosk2.coolbluegames.com/sosk2.rar  (Host Provider: Gord10)
    Download Mirror: http://rapidshare.com/files/34459653/sosk2.rar.html
    The game size is 71 MB   

Official walkthrough : sosk2.coolbluegames.com/walkthrough.htm

Mirror link instructions: The Rapidshare page wil  be open when you click. Find "free" button on the bottom of the page and click it. After that, 60 seconds will count and  "download" buıtton will appear.

By the way, i apologize for people i promised for beta testing and grammar checking. I didn't have time for this. I don't often connect the internet.

Proximity Entertainment

m0ds

Yo! Looks well worth the download..so I'm downloading it :)

proximity

:) I hope you like it. Happy gaming .
Proximity Entertainment

GarageGothic

This looks excellent. I only played the first three rooms, but I can already tell it's very high quality (loved that you even have picking up-animations where you see the item). You probably should have beta tested just a little bit though, since you start the game with an inventory item that you only find later :)

jane

Think theres a bug at the part when you do the picture puzzle in the museum.  I was trying to fathom out what you had to do, I moved a couple of tiles and got the artefact but then my inventory box disappeared and was replaced with a load of words - something about gui - guess its programmers jargon?
Really stuck getting the yllow jewel - It is impossible to move quick enough ???

proximity

GarageGothic;
Thank you for your comment.  I was aware that an inventory item remained ticked "Player starts with this item" after uploading the game.  Fortunately, that item is picked up earlier in the game :)  I'm glad you like the game. Thanks

Jane;
I've never had that bug you mentioned in the picture puzzle but i will work on it to fix it . Thanks for realizing that.

About getting the yellow jewel, i've tried it thousand times. If you move quick enough, you are getting the jewel. I advise you not to wait Ali's last word. Just click to skip it and click again to right-bottom of the screen. Keep doing that untill you pass the trunk. You can avoid being caught if you pass the trunk. I assume you've solved the puzzle in the room before getting the yellow jewel. If you don't, there's no way to run away. Remeber that. For details of that puzzle, please send me PM
Proximity Entertainment

Enjoyed the game. The graphics were really well done and the game play was fun. Really liked the way you designed puzzle in the museum. Thanks.

proximity

Thank you Guest. I did my best you to enjoy the game
Proximity Entertainment

Ledz

proximity, can you give a working link to the 1st game?

proximity

First game's link is dead. I will upload it again when i get time. By the way, how do you find grammar ? I make huge grammar mistakes ?
Proximity Entertainment

paolo

proximity (Fatih),

I've just completed the game and voted on it. You did a good job - well done! The graphics are superb. I'd like to make a few comments and recommendations, if I may:

1. You need a "Resume" option in the "Save/Load/Quit" menu. At the moment, if you change your mind or hit Escape by mistake, the only way to go back to the game (as far as I can see) is to click either "Save" or "Load" and then "Cancel".
2. Perhaps the
Spoiler
holes for the red and blue diamonds could be made clearer. I could see the holes for the green and yellow ones and put them in, but then I wondered why the door wouldn't open.
[close]
3. The conversations should update once certain actions or events discussed in that conversation have taken place. Example:

* Character A: "Can I do this?"
* Character B: "Yes, but you must bring me object X first."

(character A finds object X and gives it to character B)

* Character B: "Yes, but you must bring me object X first."

The conversation after B has given X to A should be something like:

* Character B: "Yes, go ahead."

There are several places in the game where this happens, such as
Spoiler
when want to get on to the roof of the cafe, when you want to go into the restaurant and when you want to get the cookie from the oracle, among others.
[close]

It looks like you have a bug with
Spoiler
the helmet - I found that it didn't move properly with the character on the moon, and on Mars, it was a long way from the character's head.
[close]
The simplest way to fix this would probably be
Spoiler
to have separate sprites for the character with the helmet on.
[close]

Yes, there are quite a lot of grammatical mistakes, unfortunately, but I don't think there were any that meant that the text can't be understood. If you want, I can proof-read the text for you and correct the English. Send me a private message if you'd like me to do this.

PS: I see that you mentioned you didn't have time for checking grammar. Never mind, but if you find time for it and still need someone to do it, I am available.

PPS: Please upload part 1 again so we can play it!

paolo

By the way, is there a dead end in the game?
Spoiler
If you don't pick up the coal on Mars or turn it into fake kryptonite, does that mean you won't be able to defeat Superman later? Or is it the case that if you don't get the coal or make the kryptonite, you won't be able to go through the seventh door until you have done so? If this is the case, how does the game handle the situation in which you try to go through the door without having made the kryptonite?
[close]

pattica

Is there a way you can fix the game to be played on older computers like the color depth.

proximity

paolo, thanks for your comment. You really caught illogical mistakes. I'm very sorry for them. I would like to fix it but as i said before, i had no time for beta testing. If they don't block your enjoyment, it's ok. I am thinking about different languages. May be i can send you the text when i decide to distribute it for translators. Thanks.

This is for your second message :

Spoiler
You can enter the seventh door without taking the coal or dipping it into green liquid. However, you can't finish the game without it and you'll be die if you don't show it to Superman.
[close]

I will upload first game again. Thanks for your interest.
Proximity Entertainment

Bai Karl

Interesting backgrounds. Looks very nice!

paolo

Proximity,

Thanks for replying.

Don't be sorry about your mistakes - you have made a good game! But if you find the time to fix them, it will make the game even better.

If you would like me to translate the game I would be happy to do so. Send me a private message and we can discuss which languages you want and whether I can provide text in those languages.

Hm, so it seems there is a dead end in the game. Perhaps you could change the game so that
Spoiler
if you try to go through the seventh door without having picked up the coal and turned it into kryptonite, make Ali say, "I need to do something else before I leave", or something like that.
[close]

proximity

Thank you Stan and paolo. I'm glad you like it. I will let you know when i upload the text on the net.

paolo;

Spoiler
You're right I just thought players should think a while what they must do to beat Superman but it was a mistake sorry
[close]
Proximity Entertainment

Nostradamus

I downloaded the game and stopped playing it right at the beginning. The timer is too fast to use the tool on the window and escape.  Big turn off to have a fast timer right at the beginning of the game.

proximity

I thought the opposite when i made the game. I thought people would enjoy and  got used to it at the beginning of the game. Everyone doesn't have to like it.You're free to hate it.  I understand you. Thanks
Proximity Entertainment

mr.me

Quote from: Nostradamus on Sun 17/06/2007 08:06:41
I downloaded the game and stopped playing it right at the beginning. The timer is too fast to use the tool on the window and escape.  Big turn off to have a fast timer right at the beginning of the game.

Spoiler
Did you push the chair against the door?
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk