Conan O'Brien's Adventures - Vigoda's Revenge (NEW SCREEN)

Started by Mazoliin, Mon 11/06/2007 20:35:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Mazoliin

Do you like redheads?
Do you love puzzles with illogical solutions?
Do you crave for randomly exploding heads?

Then "CONAN O'BRIEN'S ADVENTURES - VIGODA'S REVENGE" is the game for you!
Sick of being underpaid, Abe Vigoda decides to kidnap the entire "The Max Weinberg 7" in hope of a huge ransom paid by Conan O'Brien. But nothing comes for free in this world...

Stop Vigoda's horrific plans and rescue the members of "The Max Weinberg 7" before it's too late!

Crosstown Traffic

Thrilling dialogue options

Conan O'Brien's Adventures - Vigoda's Revenge
*Game resolution - 640x400 320x200
*Seven locations around the world with original background art
*Colour depth - 32-bit
*Original MIDI music
*Charachters based on "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade" and "The Secret of Monkey Island"

Progress:
*Story - 75 %
*Backgrounds - 20 %
*Animations - 20 %
*Charachter graphics - 40 %
*Puzzles - 20 %
*Scripting - 30 %
*Music/Sound - 20 %

05/10/07 - It isn't dead yet... only struggling to breath.
There haven't been much done in a while, mainly because it's a lot of planning right now and that's something I'm not very good at. I have also had a lot of other thing to do that kept me from working on this game.
Hopfully I can start to do some real scripting soon, and make a bit more progress...

...breathe goddammit, breathe!!

Update 22/08/07
After some thinking, I decided to make the game 320x200. No big deal, only a few sprites redone.
Other then that... not to much. The progress isn't to big, but hey, it's being done.
Out and over from the monkey camp!

Update 22/06/07
Hey! With 1/7 of the game finally finished, I feel like celebrating. So here I give you:
Lat Night whit Conan O'Brien theme
Jukebox music
If every location will be like this, the final game might be around 70 rooms! :o

Jon

Haha, this looks great! Looking forward to release.

Ubel

What an awesome idea! XD

I'm looking forward to this one! :D

Peder 🚀

Looking really good!!

I like the main character :P.

cobra79

Looks really good and maybe 320x200 would look even better. Hope you finish it.

Grundislav

Who knew? If They Mated, Guybrush Threepwood and Indiana Jones would produce Conan!

Please finish this game!

Mazoliin

Thank's for all the positiv feedback, good to know that you guys like it.

Quote from: cobra79Looks really good and maybe 320x200 would look even better. Hope you finish it.

The game actually is made in 320x200, but MUST be played in 640x400 because some sprites is imported to the higher resolution. Just to get some more details...

voh

Uhm, you're going to mix 320x200 graphics with 640x400?

More detail is nice and all, but are you sure it's a fair trade-off for giving up visual consistency?
Still here.

Mazoliin

First, I made the game at 640x400 but then I found out that you can only place thing's at even pixel's. Then when I started to redo it, I was to lazy to change some graphic.
But if you really think it will be better with all in the same resolution, I can quite easy make it so.

voh

I think it'd look better with a consistent resolution, but it's your game. I was just sharing my opinion :)

In the end it's your decision :)
Still here.

thewalrus

I think is looks awesome just the way it is! What length do you expect the completed game to be?
Thewalrus

Goo, goo, ga, joob!!!

"Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come!"

Mazoliin

Hopfully a Full length game, otherwise a long medium length game. ;D

I'm soon finished with the first of the seven locations. So if all goes as planned, I will probably update the first post in a couple of days.

Retroid

Oh, that is awesome! Really, really cool. I hope you finish it :D

Regun

Awesome looks good, i hope that the game is funny!!!

TerranRich

Quote from: voh on Wed 13/06/2007 13:05:09
I think it'd look better with a consistent resolution, but it's your game. I was just sharing my opinion :)

In the end it's your decision :)
Remember: King's Quest VI was made in both resolutions (everything in 320x240, then speech portraits in 640x480) and looked great. At least...I think so... :)

By the way, I think this is one of the greatest ideas for a game in a long time! I love Conan ;D

Mazoliin

First post update!
New screenshot*, just so people know I'm still working on it...

*Note: I don't know how it looks in the Late night studio, when possible, those backgrounds are made with pictures as a reference.

Danyul

Can't wait till this game is released looks really promising.
Ahh shaddapa ya face.

dunnoson

currently working on:

I am in the Brainstorming stage.  Also am trying to gather a team.
I am committing to this game.

Thinking about creating another game, NCIS themed.

Footer

Quote from: TerranRich on Mon 25/06/2007 21:31:34
Quote from: voh on Wed 13/06/2007 13:05:09
By the way, I think this is one of the greatest ideas for a game in a long time! I love Conan ;D

Right, it's going to be a good game...but...well...I don't mean any offense...but...It seems to me that the idea inspiring the game is not...so...original...after all. :P
Anyway, I like it a lot.
One must always try to win without cheating... always. TACKLE HIS LEGS!!!

CosmoQueen

Do you like redheads? YES!
Do you love puzzles with illogical solutions? They're the best kind!
Do you crave for randomly exploding heads? I love em!

I love Conan O'Brian! Please gets some screenshots soon!!
KPop and AGS....................that is my life.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk